Hacking wii u sdk leaked

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So then, what good would this exploit do then? If homebrew is impossible, why are people bothering at all do help use this exploit? Seems pretty trivial IMHO.

No one ever said homebrew would be impossible. What mario is referring to is for running custom firmware (CFW). CFW is not going to be required to run standard homebrew apps. Once we are able to access the existing SDK (more like libraries) which is embedded in NAND (using an exploit) and utilizing them we will be able to run homebrew. For super fancy things (perhaps software based backup loaders) is where we might actually need some custom firmware. I'm not 100% how the security (in regards to preventing backup loading) works on the Wii U, but seeing as this console has been a "hard nut to crack," I'm willing to bet we'll need custom firmware for backup loading (via software). All modern consoles have (even the original wii, CIOSes anyone?) have required some level of CFW for software based backup loading.

But for ordinary homebrew, utilizing the SDK stored on NAND is key. No CFW required. From there maybe somebody will develop some region free loaders like on the original wii :D. This prehistoric method of region locking is killing me.....why nintendo why!!!!???? lol but i digress....

Brainstorming Session:
Since getting some sort of "homebrew channel" installed on Wii U mode, doesn't seem very feasible at this point in time, I think it might be a good idea, that once an exploit is released for launching homebrew, that someone develops some sort of homebrew channel-esque menu that runs entirely off an sd card. The exploit could be used to launch said menu and then the menu would provide the user a list of homebrew apps found on the sd card and/or usb devices. I think this would be a good work around, until we can find a way to actually install such a menu.

Reactions: the_randomizer

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
oh cmon im gonna be so angry if no link

EDIT: found link, yay for google
<link removed> sorry guys, cant post link here aparrently. use google search and use search tools to search for results from the past week

Reactions: Ryanrocks462

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please remove the link. We do not condone sharing or providing links to the download or distribution of confidential or copyrighted information as per this forums TOS and more importantly United States Copyright laws.

Ryanrocks462

Wii U/3DS Hacker.. Will test anything, A Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its not
Please remove the link. We do not condone sharing or providing links to the download or distribution of confidential or copyrighted information as per this forums TOS and more importantly United States Copyright laws.
its not a direct link, its a link to a forum so there for technically its not copyright

Marionumber1 and TeamScriptKiddies

TheLoneWolfe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Of course I would never even consider downloading this because it's illegal, but thanks for the link (or rather, the link to the link).;)

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And how may I ask do you know of this?
I read.I google. You put the 2 together -> unstoppable.

Imported to my mega if links go down

That is a very clever idea.

oh cmon im gonna be so angry if no link

EDIT: found link, yay for google
<link removed> sorry guys, cant post link here aparrently. use google search and use search tools to search for results from the past week
hmmmmmmm, no link and you'll be angry. no info and you would live in blissful ignorance not knowing what is out there.
I am seriously gonna have to think about that for the future. Carefully weighing the 2 choices. Maybe you'll know whether I can live with myself or maybe you never will.

And btw there was 1 reason why a link wasn't provided(it's against forum rules,nuff said) and 1 reason why better clues weren't provided(right away) because I was waiting until 'some others' were finished with their downloads.
guys endoverend found it codeleakers<link removed>
Please edit the link(it's against forum rules,nuff said)
No, it's just weird that people say something happens, but don't link to it. But a link was found :P
Please edit the link. The link is against forum rules,nuff said
This is the only source that has this posted... not even ps3hax has jumped on this yet, lol.

ps3hax was the original source
http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=75848
http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=75810&p=782231&viewfull=1#post782231
from http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=75810&page=3

Thank you and mostly,right on.
its not
its not a direct link, its a link to a forum so there for technically its not copyright

GbaTemp can setup their own rules regardless of laws. Please honor this rule.

Additional info from:
http://pastebin.com<link removed>
NEWER CAFE SDK released into the wild SDK 2.09.22 for WiiU Wii-U Wii U
Cafe.SDK.1.7.WiiU-PoWeRUp was released earlier @ 311MB

CAFE_sdk.rar is version SDK 2.09.22

https://mega<link removed>

compressed size:
1.51 GB (1,625,954,575 bytes)
password:
none
date:
around July and August 2013
total files:
total size:
2,359,790,277 bytes
packed size:
1,624,779,173 bytes

CRC32: 29a7b72f
MD5: 58e1eb77e9fe9591ffefb44aab1c4a2e
SHA1: b9fb625566f178f53b6020a767380b8923a70d1f

http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=75810&p=782508&viewfull=1#post782508
furballsdc said:
Finally decided to register.
There is great stuff in the newer SDK(2.09.22) Unfortunately, it is missing some stuff. The env\ folders/data is missing, along with most of the source code.
Also, one of the manual sections is empty. "docs\man\en_us\sound\debug"
Still, fantastic stuff. Just missing stuff.
Edit: The main thing in the older SDK in env\ is multi tool chain along with hostbridge.
Edit 2: For those wondering, the partial 2.09.22 SDK size is 2.19 GB extracted.
Edit 3: Some interesting finds in the manual. Two GamePads are supported with this SDK, and a 3DS can be used as a controller. It is under Auto-Power-Down (APD) and Auto Dimming in the manual(Energy Saver).
Last edited by furballsdc; 4 Hours Ago at 08:45 PM. Reason: Added more info

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guys, please edit the links out of your quotes. sorry for causing this trouble bug checker, didn't realize it was an actual download link.

Just be more vague in the future. People aren't idiots. After all the moaning it took like a few minutes with a search engine and problem solved.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, either way, it certainly makes things more interesting. I should have removed that damned link before, I didn't know it actually lead to the actual download, as I inadvertently quoted someone with said link. Anyways.

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
Nintendo shouldn't have left their server open on warioworld.com to the OpenSSL heartbleed exploit for so long hahaha. People probably got plenty of sniffed accounts, it was left open for days and people deliberately checking out the obvious ones like Sony/MS dev sites too.

I wouldn't worry about the legality if you just keep quiet about it, what hacked system didn't use leaks like this.

TeamScriptKiddies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its not

Marionumber1 and TeamScriptKiddies

Regardless, its playing with fire. Nobody should be posting any links related to this leak period. A news article is fine because thats public domain but if said news link also links to the download keep it off of here!

TeamScriptKiddies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo shouldn't have left their server open on warioworld.com to the OpenSSL heartbleed exploit for so long hahaha. People probably got plenty of sniffed accounts, it was left open for days and people deliberately checking out the obvious ones like Sony/MS dev sites too.

I wouldn't worry about the legality if you just keep quiet about it, what hacked system didn't use leaks like this.

Legitimate homebrew is written with unofficial SDK's and always have been. Any homebrew written with an official leaked SDK is unlawful by default in most (if not all countries)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn