Hacking Wii U Screenshots - No Internet Connection Required!

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
Well, after a day or so, I had someone show me a useful program for hosting a simple webpage. I tinkered with it, and in about five minutes or so, I had a functioning screenshot upload page that'd upload the images straight to my hard drive on my laptop when I'm at home. If you want to take professional-looking screenshots of progress on your games and such, here's what to do:

Things you'll need:
-HFS HTTP Server (http://rejetto.com/hfs/?f=dl) It's a small download, only 600kb.
-A computer (duh)
-A Wii U with the latest system update (4.0.0 U [Will probably be added to other regions])
-An access point that both your computer and Wii U are hooked up to (Wireless or wired, it won't matter)

To start, after you've downloaded HFS, copy it into a new folder (To keep it all neat and organized). In the same place, make another folder for where your screenshots will be saved. Keeps things from getting messy. Now, start HFS. On the left-hand side, you'll see a icon of a house with a "/" beside it. In that general area, right-click on it, then go to "Add Folder from Disc" and select the folder where you are going to store your screenshots. After choosing, it will ask you if you want to use a Virtual or Real folder. Select a real folder. Now, you'll see a folder added beside the house icon. Right-click on that and go down to "Upload", then "Upload for accounts", then "Anyone". The file will now be enabled for uploading. At this point, your PC is now set up to receive files. Head over to your Wii U.

When running software (Wind Waker HD, Mii Maker, etc etc), press the Home Button, then launch the Internet Browser, and go to the address shown in the program. It'll be your system's IP address. Then, tap on the Upload button on the gamepad, and you'll be shown a large amount of upload forms. Click on one, and the Wii U will know you're attempting to upload, so it'll show both the gamepad and TV screens. Tap on the one you wish to upload, (Or use two for uploading the TV and the gamepad), then click Upload at the bottom. It will then upload the screenshots to your computer for you to use! Example screenshots I took:

GbIOGgg.jpg

n17TqMV.jpg

You don't have to have an Internet connection to do this, so even if your internet is out, you can still upload images to your computer, and you no longer need to upload them online before downloading them and loosing resolution or quality!

Credits to @bobmjcr for showing me HFS HTTP server.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You need only simple file upload form? You can use filetrip then?
I thought it was limited to compatible sites (miiverse, etc.) uploading by itself.
Thanks for the info.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want a Wii U :( sounds like I could do this with my Wii, though. PC download program; check. Wii internet connection; check. Cup of coffee; check. Wii system 4.3... hmmm... worth a shot, I think.

Henke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
On playon you navigate to the pc through the playon adress and select your video and hit play. You can pause rewind and forward. Play all of your videos really easy from your sofa:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can't wait for season 2