Hardware Wii U refuses to update, Sent to Nintendo and rejected

Alfy Attack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if its 1% then I don't think 1 or 2 ioses are the problem anymore, I think it could be something else

I'm going to still see if I can fix that iOS and see what that does. NUS doesn't have IOS59 in the database, if I enter "000000010000003B" as the ID and "7201" as the version, would that be sufficient enough? Got a 404 instead.

Alfy Attack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sugest you use the suggested syscheck 1 more time like endoverend said
You should use this version of SysCheck and report the results. it is much more accurate and designed for vWii.

SysCheck v2.3.2 HacksDen Edition by JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199, and Nano
...runs on vIOS58 (rev 6432).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.3U (v545)

Drive date: 07.12.2012
Homebrew Channel 1.1.2 running on IOS58

Hollywood v0x21
Console ID: 615153832
Console Type: vWii
Shop Channel Country: United States (49)
Boot2 v0
Found 72 titles.
Found 34 IOS on this console. 0 of them are stub.

vIOS9 (rev 1290): No Patches
vIOS12 (rev 782): No Patches
vIOS13 (rev 1288): No Patches
vIOS14 (rev 1288): No Patches
vIOS15 (rev 1288): No Patches
vIOS17 (rev 1288): No Patches
vIOS21 (rev 1295): No Patches
vIOS22 (rev 1550): No Patches
vIOS28 (rev 2063): No Patches
vIOS31 (rev 3864): No Patches
vIOS33 (rev 3864): No Patches
vIOS34 (rev 3864): No Patches
vIOS35 (rev 3864): No Patches
vIOS36 (rev 3864): No Patches
vIOS37 (rev 5919): No Patches
vIOS38 (rev 4380): No Patches
vIOS41 (rev 3863): No Patches
vIOS43 (rev 3863): No Patches
vIOS45 (rev 3863): No Patches
vIOS46 (rev 3863): No Patches
vIOS48 (rev 4380): No Patches
vIOS53 (rev 5919): No Patches
vIOS55 (rev 5919): No Patches
vIOS56 (rev 5918): No Patches
vIOS57 (rev 6175): No Patches
vIOS58 (rev 6432): USB 2.0
vIOS59 (rev 9249): No Patches
vIOS62 (rev 6942): No Patches
vIOS80 (rev 7200): No Patches
vIOS249[56] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta53-alt-vWii): NAND Access, USB 2.0
vIOS250[57] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta53-alt-vWii): NAND Access, USB 2.0
vIOS251[58] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta53-alt-vWii): NAND Access, USB 2.0
vIOS512 (rev 7): No Patches
vIOS513 (rev 1): No Patches
Report generated on 01/25/2014.

Alfy Attack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it still seems 59 and 62 could be suspicious. but its still iffy since you say sysupdate is at 1%. it would be a beter option if you can use system update via wiiu options but I don't see that happening since you have no wiiu gamepad to use

Yeah, I just don't have the WADs for 59 or 62 and don't really know where to get them. That whole sync error when trying to sync the gamepad really put a wrench in things.

Alfy Attack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well there is still another way, apparently if you delete the ioses and then once you do the system update if successful it will restore the correct ones.

But if it isn't successful, did I put myself in a bigger rut?

And how do I go about deleting iOS's?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I forgot about Multi-Mod Manager, my bad. Hush hush. Hah.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Hold your horses there. Don't go deleting anything until we know what the problem is.

His IOS revisions are fine. I compared his syscheck to mine (my Wii U updates and runs perfectly) and except for some cIOS's they were identical. Alfy, I think you just have a shitty hardware issue to be honest. The only reason Nintendo wouldn't fix your Wii U is because of the cIOS's installed (namely, IOS 249, 250, and 251). So I really think the best option is to send the console to Nintendo again with the cIOS's deleted.

Use Yet Another Blue Dump Mod to create WAD's of those 3 IOS's, then use YAWMM to uninstall them. Please don't delete any IOS under 200!

Alfy Attack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hold your horses there. Don't go deleting anything until we know what the problem is.

His IOS revisions are fine. I compared his syscheck to mine (my Wii U updates and runs perfectly) and except for some cIOS's they were identical. Alfy, I think you just have a shitty hardware issue to be honest. The only reason Nintendo wouldn't fix your Wii U is because of the cIOS's installed (namely, IOS 249, 250, and 251). So I really think the best option is to send the console to Nintendo again with the cIOS's deleted.

Use Yet Another Blue Dump Mod to create WAD's of those 3 IOS's, then use YAWMM to uninstall them. Please don't delete any IOS under 200!

When I sent the Wii U to Nintendo, I didn't tamper with any of the iOS's and it was received back with an "Illegal Channel" written all over the box. I guess I can try again with those cIOS's deleted, and then delete the Homebrew.
I'm not sure if I'm still in warranty. I can still try though. If I did do those two (iOS deletion and Homebrew), would there be any other way possible for them to detect anything? Should I do the Wii to Wii data transfer before sending it?

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
When I sent the Wii U to Nintendo, I didn't tamper with any of the iOS's and it was received back with an "Illegal Channel" written all over the box. I guess I can try again with those cIOS's deleted, and then delete the Homebrew.
I'm not sure if I'm still in warranty. I can still try though. If I did do those two (iOS deletion and Homebrew), would there be any other way possible for them to detect anything? Should I do the Wii to Wii data transfer before sending it?
I know you didn't tamper with any of the IOS's which is why I think they were brought over with the system transfer. Make sure to delete the homebrew channel via the hackmii installer (not sure if it's already installed or not) after you're done with the deletion.

It's always hard to say whether or not Nintendo will detect whatever "illegal" content is installed. It's very hard to delete all traces of hombrew but I think this should be enough. The one thing I know for sure is that you have a hardware issue that can only be fixed by Nintendo. The issue itself has nothing to do with the IOS's installed on vWii.

Reactions: Alfy Attack

Alfy Attack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know you didn't tamper with any of the IOS's which is why I think they were brought over with the system transfer. Make sure to delete the homebrew channel via the hackmii installer (not sure if it's already installed or not) after you're done with the deletion.

It's always hard to say whether or not Nintendo will detect whatever "illegal" content is installed. It's very hard to delete all traces of hombrew but I think this should be enough. The one thing I know for sure is that you have a hardware issue that can only be fixed by Nintendo. The issue itself has nothing to do with the IOS's installed on vWii.

OOHHHH. I didn't think they would transfer over. That makes complete sense now. I did leave it in a box for a while and when I pulled it out it started acting funny.

I only installed the Homebrew via the Hackmii installer. I guess that's all I can do for now.

So basically the issue lies in the Wii U software itself, but when it was sent to them they detected the iOS's in the vWii?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt