Hacking Wii U PS2 emulator

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you really want to play ps2 games, get a ps2, they are cheap as chips now and relatively easy to mod to play burned discs.

Stop being cheapasses if you really wanna play ps2 games :)

Reactions: cvskid

AfroJackX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you really want to play ps2 games, get a ps2, they are cheap as chips now and relatively easy to mod to play burned discs.

Stop being cheapasses if you really wanna play ps2 games :)
Or even better get a backwards compatible 60gb ps3, it is the best playstation experience hands down. (Don't get the 80gb version because the ps2 emulation it has sucks.)

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My bad... quoted the wrong post :)

Lol no problem

But yeah, if you live in a country where you can get consoles on the cheap, do so and don't whine about emulation (unless you prefer to have all your games on one console either for convenience or recording purposes, then I totally agree with you). For example, I live in Iowa and if I wanted to I could pretty much pick up both a PS2 AND a Wii for pocket change. I know that it might be different in more populated areas, but previous-gen consoles can usually be found dirt cheap :P

Edit: Now the GAMES, on the other hand...

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol no problem

But yeah, if you live in a country where you can get consoles on the cheap, do so and don't whine about emulation (unless you prefer to have all your games on one console either for convenience or recording purposes, then I totally agree with you). For example, I live in Iowa and if I wanted to I could pretty much pick up both a PS2 AND a Wii for pocket change. I know that it might be different in more populated areas, but previous-gen consoles can usually be found dirt cheap :P

Edit: Now the GAMES, on the other hand...

Or just mod a PS2 to play "backups" off a USB device, screw paying for hyper-inflated secondhand prices on old games. Anyone who sells games for extortionist prices deserves to be screwed over from the lost sale of that game. As for the Wii U emulating it....doubtful.

Reactions: Margen67

AfroJackX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those models are pretty rare and expensive though.
True even my bro had a little trouble getting the 60gb. He got it months before his birthday because we knew it was rare. And we got it for $210 from gamestop. Anyway back on topic, I think the wii u can emulate the ps2 but chances of a ps2 emulator are very low.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
True even my bro had a little trouble getting the 60gb. He got it months before his birthday because we knew it was rare. And we got it for $210 from gamestop. Anyway back on topic, I think the wii u can emulate the ps2 but chances of a ps2 emulator are very low.

I don't really think so, look at the very weak Wii U CPU.
Anyway, if it happens to be possible it would have to be a complete new emulator, several times more efficient than PCSX2.
Look how long it took for PCSX2 to reach its actual state. I don't think there will be enough interest from super developers to create such a miracle as a PowerPC based super-efficient PS2 emulator.

AfroJackX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really think so, look at the very weak Wii U CPU.
Anyway, if it happens to be possible it would have to be a complete new emulator, several times more efficient than PCSX2.
Look how long it took for PCSX2 to reach its actual state. I don't think there will be enough interest from super developers to create such a miracle as a PowerPC based super-efficient PS2 emulator.
Nintendo said the wii u is more powerful then the ps3. So it might be possible but like you said no one has any interest in porting a emulator like PCSX2.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
when the wii u is opened im sure someone would have an interest in wiisx or something simular. but for what it is on the wii (lacking power) its still a good attempt. can play few games fully but at least they work

Reactions: Margen67

AfroJackX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo did not say that. And PS3 CPU is much more powerful.
You are right, I double checked my source and it does not say anything about nintendo saying the tech is more powerful then the ps3. The website I got my info from was n4g and unfortunately I can't link the source at the moment because I am typing on my ps vita. EDIT: here is the link http://n4g.com/news/1462078/wii-us-memory-bandwidth-gpu-more-powerful-than-we-thought#c-8926633 it doesn't say that the wii u is more powerful then the ps3 but it does say that it is not as weak as we thought it is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Hi +1