Wii U Pro Controller to PC program release

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by TeHaxor69, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Echo129

Echo129 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2013
    Can I still have it mapped to my Wii U as well as the PC?

2. DarKevin

DarKevin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Cologne
    Using it on the PC wont make it unusable on the Wii U, if that's what you mean.

3. BoxDude10

BoxDude10 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 20, 2013
    Ryde, Portsmouth, United Kingdom
    So...is that it? No 1.7 update...?

4. del_delly

del_delly GBAtemp Regular

Sep 21, 2013
    Norway
    Don't possess a WiiU. There was no warning in the OP about needing to sync it with a WiiU at the least once, so I assumed the issue had been solved. But alas :)

5. negevasaf

negevasaf Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2013
    Iceland
    I have samsung laptop with windows 8.1 and bluetooth 4.0. How can I connect the controller?

6. del_delly

Sep 21, 2013
    Norway
    There is a red sync button under the controller, and there is "add devices" somewhere in Windows. You launch the program after having done that.

If OP ever comes back, is he aware of http://dvdhrm.github.io/xwiimote/ ? And does it do cold booting of Pro controllers or not? As in unsynced, lets for instance say by removing battery few a few seconds.

7. metrolink

metrolink Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2013
    Norway
    How can I make the wii u pro controller work on steam?

8. Marcus Quintus

Marcus Quintus Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2013
    United States
    Is it possible to use this in conjunction with other 360 controllers yet?

9. wilflare

wilflare Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2014
    Senegal
    is this configured to work with Xinput yet?
    any recommendations of which Bluetooth Dongle to buy?

10. DarKevin

DarKevin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Cologne
    you can bind keyboard keys/mouse to the controller and use them in any game
    EDIT:
    Actually, the newest beta version (not the original program) uses xinput and works with games that were designed to work with the xbox 360 controller. maybe it works if you put the file (just a dll i think) in the directory of the game you want to use the controller with.
    It works with my (cracked) Skyrim for example lol.

EDIT 2: here is a link to the beta version from page 14
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/2xe936ozwus2u80/ProController+v0.1b.rar

On page 19 Cyryus says it works with that steam shit.

11. DarKevin

DarKevin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Cologne
    Not yet I think, the developer told me, that's something on his todo list.
    That was last June, got pretty quiet here sadly :/

12. DarKevin

DarKevin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Cologne
    The newest beta version:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/2xe936ozwus2u80/ProController+v0.1b.rar

Uses xinput. You put the right dll (test them one by one which works) in your game folder.
    The buttons are mapped like on the xbox controller A = A, B = B etc. which might suck a little, because the positions of the Wii u Pro buttons are different from xbox controller's.

And about the dongle, Idk after a War of Man vs. Machine I got it to work with my fucking onboard Bluetooth lol.
    You might find some recommendations in earlier posts though, just search this thread for dongle or something ;l

13. Pakhawaj

Pakhawaj Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2013
    All right, I'm not really sure where I'm going wrong trying to connect this controller to my pc- I don't use bluetooth really so it might be something completely rudimentary.
    I have the controller linked to my pc, I can see it on device manager and on the bluetooth map, but when I click on WiiUProControllerWin.exe it says "No Pro Controllers found in HID Device List".
    If anyone can help me, that would be appreciated! I bought this controller because this seemed so easy to set up. :(

14. DarKevin

DarKevin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Cologne
    You need the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack, see Daku93 's first post on Page 1:

15. wilflare

wilflare Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2014
    Senegal
    thanks Kevin, so 4player Xinput works fine too?

16. Pakhawaj

Pakhawaj Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2013
    Ah, I had given that a go but I wasn't sure how to get past the screen which says "Please plug in the Bluetooth device and click OK", I've tried connecting and then reconnecting the bluetooth dongle and likewise with the WiiU controller. I can't think of what else it could mean regarding a "Bluetooth device".

17. del_delly

Sep 21, 2013
    Norway
    [quote="Pakhawaj I bought this controller because this seemed so easy to set up. :([/quote]

Thats sad, because there is no driver yet.
    So here is the requirements to get it too work:
    >Controller must be synced to a WiiU once(i assume this is never going to be fixed?)
    >Toshiba stack must be installed(easy)
    >Must have a bluetooth device

18. Pakhawaj

Pakhawaj Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2013
    Well, seeing as how I don't have a WiiU and can't figure out how to install Toshiba Stack I guess the purchase was fairly pointless. :(
    Thanks anyway Del.

19. DarKevin

DarKevin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Cologne
    You could go sync it at someone else's Wii U maybe a friend, maybe a gamestop lol.
    And if you get the Toshiba Stack installed, add the controller and it works,
    dont delete the Controller from the list! When I deleted it and re-added, I think I got the pairing Problem again.
    But If you just keep it in the list, there shouldnt be any Problems

(Im not talking about keeping it connected forever, lol, just in the device List to doubleclick and connect u know).

If you can get your Conroller paired somewhere, you just need to install the Toshiba stuff.

You need to get the Hardware ID of your Bluetooth Dongle while you install it, when it copies the files to the Temp folder, you open a file with Hardware ID's and add yours to it.
    You find the hardware ID in the Device Manager

Here is a Guide on how to do that stuff, from Page 3
    https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-rvl-cnt-01-tr?pid=189694&mode=threaded#pid189694

If you can pair your Controller somewhere and want to give it a go, ill try to help you if you need any more ;l

20. Pakhawaj

Pakhawaj Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2013
    Ahh, I never even thought of going into a shop to access a WiiU, that would work! I did delete it from the list

I did delete it from the list when I was first struggling to get it to work, but that doesn't seem to have caused any problems that I can see, I can still find it and connect to it.

Had another go installing Toshiba following those instructions but I still couldn't get past that window, perhaps I'll try installing every bluetooth application rather than just the one pertaining to my device before I start again.

Thanks for being so helpful!