Homebrew Wii U New Update 5.5.2

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
okay i turned on my wii u some while ago to check on it.

since i have haxchi/cbhc installed perhaps for that reason i did not see any Update pop up for me ?
because my wii u is spoofed , shows 99.xx.xx in the settings for me.

i have not setup any custom dns either.
so i guess i am fine ?

i even ran an online game to check, 'splatoon' and it played just fine without any updates popin there either.

Powerful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An Update for the WiiU has been released.
CBHC and HaxChi work just fine on 5.5.2. It's been confirmed by many users. Only BrowserHax is patched. You can absolutely still install HaxChi if you are on 5.5.1. Use NNU patcher to access the eshop. Download the DS game that you need. It will fail because the system update will want to be downloaded first. Just unplug your Wii U. Plug it back in after about 2 minutes and then the DS game that you paid for will start to download the system update will be gone.

So in conclusion. If you are still on 5.5.1 you can absolutely still install HaxChi. ( Thanks Kafluke for the info ) :P
Lol the only reason they released this was in hopes that hackers would stop switch research hacking and go back to the Wii U, so they have more time to make the switch safe from vulnerabilities.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
So all I use is homebrew and its apps. Is haxchi the only thing I need to install to use homebrew?

I don't want to install CFW unless I can't use homebrew without it.
Yes, you only need haxchi, it even have a built in CFW feature by holding B button.

marduk666

THE INFINITE NOOB
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sooooooo........ Read bout fourty different posts about this and not sure......
I have cbhc installed, will I have to do or redo anything if i update to 5.5.2?
had dns protection off to get netflix from eshop, update dl'd so I unplugged the WiiU and when it prompted me to update I pushed B and it still says 999.999.999 or whatever
I have a daughter and she will surely push the button if it ever pops up. Changed my DNS back, don't know if that helps anything now.
Thanks

mike087

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hello, i been read comments that sigpatches, haxchi and cbhc are still working on 5.5.2 so i see no point in staying in 5.5.1, so im gona update but what do you thing guys.
NOTE: I have cbhc and haxchi installed of course.

Benja81

GBATemp Sporaddict
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, i been read comments that sigpatches, haxchi and cbhc are still working on 5.5.2 so i see no point in staying in 5.5.1, so im gona update but what do you thing guys.
NOTE: I have cbhc and haxchi installed of course.
I'm in he same boat. Please let us know if you have any issues, or lack of.

GeorgeCH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An Update for the WiiU has been released.
CBHC and HaxChi work just fine on 5.5.2. It's been confirmed by many users. Only BrowserHax is patched. You can absolutely still install HaxChi if you are on 5.5.1. Use NNU patcher to access the eshop. Download the DS game that you need. It will fail because the system update will want to be downloaded first. Just unplug your Wii U. Plug it back in after about 2 minutes and then the DS game that you paid for will start to download the system update will be gone.

So in conclusion. If you are still on 5.5.1 you can absolutely still install HaxChi. ( Thanks Kafluke for the info ) :P
I have hacxi but not cbch is it safe to uptade I want to uptade games from the system itself

Wishi

Rareware Gamer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have hacxi but not cbch is it safe to uptade I want to uptade games from the system itself
Yeah is safe BUT if you just want to update games stay where you are and use nnupatcher it will download your game update while you're blocking system updates

GeorgeCH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah is safe BUT if you just want to update games stay where you are and use nnupatcher it will download your game update while you're blocking system updates
I tried nnupatcher but it doesnt work I can acces the eshop but when i try to download an uptade i get an error How can i fix it?

D

Deleted User

Hey I've got a part downloaded update at 99 percent can I stop it from finishing. I don't have haxchi yet and only use browserhax I changed wii u network settings and forgot the dns any help is apreciated :)
Download the update remover app using a PC, and put it on your SD card.
Then unplug your router. It can't download anything without an internet connection.
Run the app. Hopefully your problems are solved.

(I cannot guarantee if this will work. I am deeply sorry if it doesn't.)

GrandZeldaGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Then unplug your router. It can't download anything without an internet connection.

I will try this when everyone on the home network isn't using the internet thx

edit: Wheres the download? thx

Last edited by GrandZeldaGamer,

nashismo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Guys I just accidentally updated to 5.5.2! The problem is that I had no coldboot installed, was using the browser hack. Why? Because when I bought my WiiU the console "came" permanently banned, I was screwed over by the seller, (could never bought the DS game, etc).

The point is, this is incredibly enfuriating because as I was just updated to 5.5.2 (and came here to check what was going on) I found out that just a few DAYS ago, someone came up with a method for unbanning people like me who were "permanently banned". I repeat just a few days ago! :gun: :hateit: :nayps3:

Now my question:

Where can I get new information for a new browser hack? Where could a I regularly check to see if new exploits are found? Wololo maybe? Thank you guys, I will say this again, you guys are an amazing community, I will be checking any response.

Last edited by nashismo,

mcastrot45

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Where CAn I download the "update remover app" ? My Wiiu Downloaded the update but for a reason It didn't applied the update just asked me to start I disconnect the power of the console turn off the router and didn't asked me again I already changed the DNS (too late) but if I can delete the update it won't ask me again to update the firmware (seems that only does it when wiiu has internet connection even If it already downloaded the Update).

Thanks for the Help !!!

Waveracer

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If any1 interested, online play still works fine with 5.5.1
Nice to know but the problem is that as soon as I connect my Wii U to the internet it will update the firmware automatically, it always does. The 3DS always asks you before even downloading the update so you're always safe on 3DS. Even Xbox One and PS4 ask you, Wii U is the only one that downloads and applies the update even when you have Automatic Downloads turned off. It only needs to get online.

EDIT: Is there any DNS that currently blocks updates on Wii U and 3DS?

Last edited by Waveracer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over