Gaming Wii U might be losing another exclusive (ZombiU)

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Looks as though that ZombiU will be released on Xbox One but honestly it has way better survival and zombie games than this mediocrity so seems like a waste. Maybe Ubisoft will revamp it altogether.

Source @ http://www.purexbox.com/news/2015/06/looks_like_that_zombiu_xbox_one_port_rumour_was_true

Exclusives Wii U has lost so far:
1) Rayman Legends (because ZombiU sold like shit)
2) Ninja Gaiden: Razor's Edge (it was initially a Wii U excl. but then turned multiplat)
3) Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut (it wasn't long before they too made it multiplat)
4) The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Warriors (announced this year for 3DS)

This is good news because not a lot own a Wii U anyway and if ZombiU can be made successful then it's on Xbox where it's known for its love of the zombie genre.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The game sucks anyways, so they can port it to anything for all I care. It was so, so lazy it's not even funny. I mean, they stole adverts from Tesco and Asda, c'mon - they couldn't even spring for a fake supermarket poster?

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Bloody hell. If MS was smart they would deny ubisoft the right to publish this garbage of a game on their system. It's a dog turd of a game. An exclusive no one wants.
Well, don't jump to that conclusion because Wii U owners certainly like to play this though that's due to the lack of games on the system so I can't blame them. Still, I'd rather not play it than have a bad time.

Game itself is pretty bad and then the graphics look as though to be from a 360 launch title. Not good at all.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well, don't jump to that conclusion because Wii U owners certainly like to play this though that's due to the lack of games on the system so I can't blame them. Still, I'd rather not play it than have a bad time.

Game itself is pretty bad and then the graphics look as though to be from a 360 launch title. Not good at all.
To be fair, when the game was first announced it had nothing to do with zombies, it was later rebranded and reworked to include them. Remember Killer Freaks from Outer Space? Yeah. It looked kinda impressive back then.

Teaser:

Gameplay:

Even the teaser and this early gameplay demo have more innovative stuff than what we saw in the final product. Saw rifle? Destructible environment? Count me in. Of course I bet some big shot in the company said "zombies are cool now because The Walking Dead, go change everything", the team lost all enthusiasm, didn't care, phoned it in and farted out a mediocre title. Life, ladies and gents.

To be fair though, ZombiU had one section that I genuinely liked - someone who still cared was in charge of the Nursery level and all the scares in it. That man or woman should be given an award because it's the only thing that's not mediocre about the whole game.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
That definitely looked like it would have been a fun game to play, too bad they ruined it by throwing zombies in.

Keeping this in mind, Ubisoft's probably going to retitle from ZombiU to "ZombiU: The London Apocalypse" or something like it. It just doesn't make sense to still use the "U" in this case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs