Hacking WII U + Mario Kart 8 Firmware

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry to bump this, but the problem is not to FIND the right bundle but has the firmware been updated or not in the mean time...
I already tried sooo many places, at first it looks promising, but then the people that sell their WII U tell me it has been updated (on purpose or by accident).
It is frustrating, first thing most people do these days is connect the WII U to the internet..at least in my country that is.
On top of that, the shops only have a small stock of WII U consoles, so the older bundles are all gone..

Pff, well i will not stop trying, but it is really frustrating... i hope people in other countries have less problems to find one.

tommasi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i got my Wii U super mario 3D world deluxe set pre installed 3 days ago from bestbuy in canada, and it has 5.3.2FW why do you need lower than that? you should be okey with 5.3.2

Xplic1T

Trophies
XP
Country
If you have the option to check the UPC on the box ... I can confirm UPC'ss FW1130 and lower have 5.3.2 on the MK8 DLC bundle ...

Not sure about ones higher than that.

ihateu3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just went to gamestop, asked about their refurbs and if they had any. When they said yes (they had one), I asked how long it had been sitting there. He said about 3 months, so I bought it, brang it home, got lucky as it was exactly on 5.3.2, so I needed to do no upgrades at all.

All the while I was doing this, I was well aware that if the system was on a higher firmware, I could easily bring it back for a refund, as I discussed this with them prior to buying it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1