Hacking Wii U in firmware 1.0.1E

deadf1sh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello i bought my Wii U at launch and never updated it nor connected it online.

I'm interested in installing Homebrew Channel.
I already have Lego Batman to do it.

But in the guide here it says that i need to have Wii U on 2.1.0 at least.
But i've already have access to vWii in 1.0.1E! i can launch and play Lego Batman.
Even on wikipedia it says update 2.0.0 bring "Added Wii backwards compatibility" but that's not true for me.

Should i update my Wii U to 5.3.2 then install HC?
Or should i (if i can) install HC in 1.0.1 then update WiiU? Seems an exploit is coming in 5.3.2 from what i read.

deadf1sh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
After some further research seems like both wikipedia and the guide are wrong, vWii is active from 1.0.1, if you connect to the internet it will be blocked. https://gbatemp.net/threads/update-my-wiiu-safe-this-round.340117/#post-4502144

I found that i can install HBC in 5.3.2 (confirmation maybe?)
Could not find if i can install HBC on 1.0.1 firmware.

Does anybody would recommend me not to update online to 5.3.2 for earlier exploit? as it seems i can update from games like https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiu-list-of-system-updates-on-disc.372041/

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Just update to the latest 5.3.2 firmware. Vwii, HBC, etc, is working fine and the upcoming WiiU kernal exploit (not released yet) is safe on the current version now.

Reactions: deadf1sh

Deleted member 331788

Trophies
XP
Country
Nice! doing it asap before there's a new update :P

I'd recommend using a disc to update ...like Mario Party 10, that's if you have played any Wii U games on your console.
It's only because I don't like the forced game update data, which gets tied to your Wii U system.
Delete the game update data and then you are forced to re-download it, before you can play that game again??? ...even if the Wii U system has been formatted??? :huh:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night