Hacking Wii U Homebrew Wish List - Homebrew Idea Thread

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fair enough :P that would be pretty dickish... Then again, we have emulated amiibos being withheld from the community

I take it the emulated amiibos are being withheld because that will ultimately be used for counterfeiting amiibos *sighs*. People are scumbags that do that sort of thing. I expect lots of counterfeits to pop up on places like ebay, amazon etc within the next year or so when they refine the emulation to the point where they can make their own cheap amiibos and sell them as being the real deal......

If they released how their doing the emulation, it would eliminate the market for counterfeits, because anybody could emulate it. The fact that their withholding that info leads me to believe they're doing it for commercial (and illegal) gain......

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I take it the emulated amiibos are being withheld because that will ultimately be used for counterfeiting amiibos *sighs*. People are scumbags that do that sort of thing. I expect lots of counterfeits to pop up on places like ebay, amazon etc within the next year or so when they refine the emulation to the point where they can make their own cheap amiibos and sell them as being the real deal......

If they released how their doing the emulation, it would eliminate the market for counterfeits, because anybody could emulate it. The fact that their withholding that info leads me to believe they're doing it for commercial (and illegal) gain......

If Nintendo keeps up its practice of using them as a paywall so the true cost of a game like MP10 is $200 I am sorta fine with it. I guess.

csgolawliet

Trophies
XP
Country
still waiting for a backup loader. i know you're tired of reading this, but here MK8 for expample is still 60€ being 1 year old, i cant handle those prices

Reactions: Margen67

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still waiting for a backup loader. i know you're tired of reading this, but here MK8 for expample is still 60€ being 1 year old, i cant handle those prices
>Sees this post
>Checks to make sure that an IOSU exploit wasn't released in the few hours I was at church
>Sees that "USB Loader" is still on the list of apps on the wishlist

Yeeaaaaaaaah, that post probably didn't need to exist...

If you're really that desperate to get the game cheap, get it used... And even if you did buy it new, it's worth every penny (that's a personal opinion, but regardless it's still VERY highly rated game. If they're going to do some sort of "Player's Choice" thing for Wii U games, MK8 will most likely be on that list of games)

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or VirtualBox. Virtual Machines are pretty handy, if not pretty slow. I could see a VM working on the Wii U, though
Does the Wii U even have that kind of processing power? My PC has better specs than the Wii U and running VM's are slow (Windows XP runs smoothly though). But the only thing that the Wii U has that is faster than my pc is it's CPU so there's still hope.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Does the Wii U even have that kind of processing power? My PC has better specs than the Wii U and running VM's are slow (Windows XP runs smoothly though). But the only thing that the Wii U has that is faster than my pc is it's CPU so there's still hope.

If macs can do it, so can the Wii U.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.