Hacking Wii U Homebrew Situation and FAQ

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A certain "Paul" is pissing me off right now...

Like I said, he's a sycophantic loser, a tattletale who wants to kiss Nintendo's ass all day long. People like that piss me off.

why can't we just play with our full price paid WiiU with no limits :nayps3:

Because EULA/TOS bullshit.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lololololol @ people who thought they bought a console and not a license to use a console. Anyways, it's more likely that, y'know, they saw the hacking videos with hundreds of thousands of views and followed them back here. Or they just follow this forum. Likely both.

Reactions: Ryanrocks462

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lololololol @ people who thought they bought a console and not a license to use a console. Anyways, it's more likely that, y'know, they saw the hacking videos with hundreds of thousands of views and followed them back here. Or they just follow this forum. Likely both.

I say f**k the license to use it, they can't tell me what to do with that I buy lol XD ;) All they can do is deny service if the EULA is violated really. I already installed vWii hacks lol.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Uh yeah, so I'm in a bit of a pickle with blacklisting the addresses. Turns out Google Fiber has no such option in their network box, meaning there's no way for me to circumvent the update, only way for now would be for me to load the vWii first, then go to Wii U menu and disable the WiFi settings. Can there anything be done with port forwarding and then block a certain port somehow? I'm at a loss here.

You have google fiber?!?! I'm so jealous, 100mbps never seems to be enough...

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have google fiber?!?! I'm so jealous, 100mbps never seems to be enough...

Well it's fast enough on Ethernet, but wireless here sucks in my apartment complex. That being said, I don't know what to do since IP blacklisting isn't part of the router firmware. I'll have to disable WiFi temporarily until I can come up with a better solution. Going to the firewall settings doesn't give much info.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does your router support dd-wrt or openwrt? Installing it would definitely give you options. Whats the model number?

It's proprietary Google Fiber router, which they call a "network box" so it's not any specific brand per se, but their own router. No, there's no features like that on there. This is all the "advanced" settings have https://support.google.com/fiber/answer/2731879?hl=en&ref_topic=2731870

I might need to continue this via PM or something, don't want to derail the thread much more than I already have.

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
Use a Cat V gigabit connection to your computer, turn on ICS on your windows machine, connect your wii u to your computer via wi-fi and edit your etc/hosts to blacklist domains.. Send them to your loopback.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
dang it! I was hoping I would able to get my MK8 titles before an firmware update... well I have to bit the bullet anyway :(

filipe_m

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
When I read not to upgrade to 5.1.1, was already done ....

The homebrew still works on vWii,

The implications of this update is only for the WiiU? In vWii continues to run homebrew?

Should I do something to fix the update?

Thank you!

Ryanrocks462

Wii U/3DS Hacker.. Will test anything, A Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A certain "Paul" is pissing me off right now...

icon_xl.jpg
unfortnetly :/ all pauls fault

loco365

Trophies
XP
So, I blocked the update server URL in my modem, therefore, my system cannot update. Am I free to re-enable Standby Functions and enable the Quick Start menu without it auto-updating itself?

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I blocked the update server URL in my modem, therefore, my system cannot update. Am I free to re-enable Standby Functions and enable the Quick Start menu without it auto-updating itself?

I wouldn't. If an update slips through your filters somehow, standby and quickstart will automatically install it. Better safe than sorry.

Reactions: Ryanrocks462

Ryanrocks462

Wii U/3DS Hacker.. Will test anything, A Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

yes, because with standby on it just tries to download the update but can't because u blocked the server, therefore it cannot download. I have my quick start menu on and the servers blocked , and it never updates itself

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: