Hacking Wii U Homebrew Preparation

g00gly0eyes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this is the real deal? Homebrew for Wii U after this? All I really want is to be able to use the Wii U gamepad to view and control gamecube games. Would it be possible to get VWii mode to recognize the gamepad as a gamecube or classic controller?

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a video anywhere showing how to block the updates rather than the text based instructions on Page 1?

This may help clear up a few people wondering about exact steps. Such as myself :P

I feel stupid saying it since there's nothing to it, I just can't get my head round it... Maybe my head is screwed from work today.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a video anywhere showing how to block the updates rather than the text based instructions on Page 1?

This may help clear up a few people wondering about exact steps. Such as myself :P

I feel stupid saying it since there's nothing to it, I just can't get my head round it... Maybe my head is screwed from work today.

There used to be one in the tutorial linked in my sig, but the IP address of the guy who made it was left uncensored and he subsequently got DDoS'd. However, I'd like to think that I made a relatively comprehensive guide, and it's picture based with step-by-step instructions, so give it a look

Edit: There's also a tutorial for doing the same thing, but with CCProxy. That tutorial is in the same section as mine

Reactions: NintyNin

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
However, I'd like to think that I made a relatively comprehensive guide, and it's picture based with step-by-step instructions, so give it a look

Edit: There's also a tutorial for doing the same thing, but with CCProxy. That tutorial is in the same section as mine

Hey thanks Bro, I'll be able to do it no problem, just woke up feeling fresh and it's not too complicated hahaha What the hell was wrong with me last night...

Cheers!

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Alexis77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
'' It is recommended that you only have one network saved so that your console doesn't perform some sneaky shiz behind your back.''
How important is this? Because i have my w/less modem and an access point in my sitting room and both use the same network name. I have made an openDNS account and have turn Auto-Obtain off, on 2 connections with the same name on wii u. One for modem and one for access point.
Is it dangerous?

ElectricJelly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetz from a lurker.
How do I create a network from the IP address that OpenDNS gives me? Been googlin' and found nothing of use.
Thanks for your input :)

ichiworld

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Courage and even if you work hard, try to share us some information about progress of the project ???
As now ???

ElectricJelly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the OP says for the second method in step 3, create a new network from the IP address that OpenDNS gave me. I've already blacklisted the URLs provided in the OP in my OpenDNS settings.
Unless the 'new' network refers to the IP address manipulated in the OpenDNS account creation, i've got no clue how it fits in.

Also, if I sounded condescending in the 1st sentence, then that's, well, 'my bad'.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the OP says for the second method in step 3, create a new network from the IP address that OpenDNS gave me. I've already blacklisted the URLs provided in the OP in my OpenDNS settings.
Unless the 'new' network refers to the IP address manipulated in the OpenDNS account creation, i've got no clue how it fits in.

Also, if I sounded condescending in the 1st sentence, then that's, well, 'my bad'.

Oh, I see what you're saying. When the OP says "new network", he means making a new connection on the Wii U (which I suppose is assuming you don't already have one). Then you'll edit the DNS settings of that connection to point to OpenDNS's servers

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tested and works =).

Please consider to push the new IP to OpenDNS servers (with a laptop on windows for example), if you have a dynamic IP address.

You can also block said domains on your router, if it allows that sort of thing. I did it on a Netgear, and it works, even when OpenDNS doesn't. So I have an extra layer of protection. :3

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

MiB_Fatality

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I blocked all the domains listed, on my router and as the post said, the eShop does not work. However, my internet browser does not work either. Can anyone help me out?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things