Hardware Wii U Heating Up and Powering Down

Big Man Tyrone2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically, whenever I power on my Wii U, it works for about 20 minutes, and it automatically shuts down. My console also gets really hot after it power downs and the fan doesn't seem to work.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically, whenever I power on my Wii U, it works for about 20 minutes, and it automatically shuts down. My console also gets really hot after it power downs and the fan doesn't seem to work.
Well it sounds like you've basically figured out what the issue is. The Wii U's CPU/GPU are both passively cooled on a single heatsink and if it doesn't get any airflow it's gonna overheat. You either need to replace the fan yourself, send it to an electronics shop to get the fan replaced, or send it in for repairs

Big Man Tyrone2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it sounds like you've basically figured out what the issue is. The Wii U's CPU/GPU are both passively cooled on a single heatsink and if it doesn't get any airflow it's gonna overheat. You either need to replace the fan yourself, send it to an electronics shop to get the fan replaced, or send it in for repairs
Can you give me a link to where I can buy a new fan.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb