Hacking Wii U Hacking/Technical Questions

John Brown

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I just got my Wii U a few days ago and I'm about to purchase a bunch of stuff for it. Before I go, I want to be certain that I won't be wasting my money.

1) To Hack my Wii U I read I need the following:
-Super Smash Bros Brawl
-2 GB sd card

I just got Brawl and I have a 1 gb and a 4 gb sd card at home. Is a 2 GB sd card really necessary?

2) What backup version of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is optimal for Nintendont?
The European or the US version? On the compatibility page I saw the following:
European- Legend of Zelda, The: Twilight Princess v2.219 v8 0.97 GB ✔ ✔ ✔
U.S- Legend of Zelda, The: Twilight Princess v3.337 v8 0.97 GB ✔ ✔ ✔² Very minor glitches in cutscenes when widescreen turned on

Does this mean the European version doesn't have the minor glitches or is it present in both versions? I already have the US version but if the issues aren't present in the European version then I will get that.

3) And finally I want to get a hdmi to dvi cable to connect my wii u to my monitor. Problem is how will I be able to transfer sound as well? I heard I can connect speakers to the gamepad and play sound through there but will that work in wii mode and hombrew such as Nintendont?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm having a lot of difficulty on finding any info regrading Wii U tech stuff so I thought this was the best place to ask. Thanks in advance for the replies!

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
1.) The 1 GB SD card will work just fine. The idea is not to have an SD card bigger than 2GB. Anything under will work fine.

2.) The European and USA versions are identical-- any visual issues with the USA version will also be present in the European version, and you might run into more issues with the European version if you have a USA TV. TLDR use the USA version.

3.) To get audio you will need to buy an HDMI audio extractor like this.

Sli 41

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Isn't it possible to also use a Wii composite cable for audio? I'm in the same position as you with buying what I need and I think this is the solution that works best for me. What I don't know is if it also works on the vWii or just on Wii U mode?

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Isn't it possible to also use a Wii composite cable for audio? I'm in the same position as you with buying what I need and I think this is the solution that works best for me. What I don't know is if it also works on the vWii or just on Wii U mode?
You can't output HDMI video and composite audio at the same time. The only other option would be to use a component cable and only get 480p.

Sli 41

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You can't output HDMI video and composite audio at the same time. The only other option would be to use a component cable and only get 480p.

But there's lots of people confirming that it is possible. Apparently at first it wasn't but the option was added after an update.

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3) And finally I want to get a hdmi to dvi cable to connect my wii u to my monitor. Problem is how will I be able to transfer sound as well? I heard I can connect speakers to the gamepad and play sound through there but will that work in wii mode and hombrew such as Nintendont?
In Wii mode, all sound is sent to both the TV/monitor and the gamepad. So yes, I don't see any reason you wouldn't be able to plug a speaker into the Gamepad headphone jack.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr