Status
Not open for further replies.

nunavat2010

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couldn't find a thread on this or did not look hard enough.

Wonder how long will it take?
Steps to go
1) Team Twiizers or equivalent install HBC
2) A new Waninkoko/Hermes will develop CIOS
3) All the backup loaders

Oh completely new hacking method!

Hackers are hosed if Nintendo does a Sony on Wii U (with each firmware update, erase the previous firmware from their servers? That's what Sony does?)

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like your enthusiasm. But, there is one problem.

WE HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA HOW THE WIIU WORKS.

Thank you for being optimistic, though.
smile.gif

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
No.

The system isn't out.
It won't be out for probably a year.
No one knows how the system works or will work.
Not even the 3DS has been hacked yet.

We don't need a "who will hack it first?" thread.

Reactions: Halvorsen

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nunavat2010 said:
Hackers are hosed if Nintendo does a Sony on Wii U (with each firmware update, erase the previous firmware from their servers? That's what Sony does?)
Ohnoes! Here's an idea though: maybe the "hackers" could actually buy games and get the firmware from the discs?

nunavat2010

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the term "perv pirate". I'll do a Simpson on it. "Oh that was a compliment?"

PS: hey I am bored, there is nothing else to do with my wii and also don't have the technical skill to add anything worthwhile to hacking community, so I am "speculating".

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
nunavat2010 said:
Sony only started doing that since the PS3 got hacked. Well, actually, they really started doing it once they released 3.56 because it was at that point that the service key got figured out and people were able to put it in service mode and downgrade the PS3. Before that all happened sony had every firmware available on their servers.

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Why is it that every time a new video game system comes out or is announced, somehow GBATemp manages to crap out a "Hacking Speculation" Thread!?

First of all; what is the point?
The purpose of hacking something is to disassemble it hardware or software wise and examine how code translates to programs! If the hardware is not available, then what is the point of creating this thread other than having a bunch of inexperienced hkrn00bs to scream as to why they can't use a USB HDD with the WiiU so that they can play their Zelda: Harmonica of Distance backupz!

As for the rest of the people that are complaining about "but I want open-source software for my WiiU/3DS" guess what!? Nintendo is the Apple of the video game industy! They do not like the idea of unauthorized software being used on their systems!

If you want open source software; GO BUY A COMPUTER AND LEARN HOW TO CODE PROGRAMS AND GAMES!

If you want open source software on the go; GO BUY AN ANDROID POWERED MOBILE DEVICE! Google LOVES open source!

Does anyone want to know one of the reasons why Zelda OOT 3D and Kid Icarus were not out at launch? It is because Nintendo wants to update the firmware to prevent dirty little n00bs to loading unauthorized code on their systems!

So let me thank all of you n00bs for keeping me from playing my Kid Icarus!

...in other news; NINTENDO! RE-RELEASE THE MOTHER SERIES IN A RE-MASTERED 3D FOR THE 3DS DANGGIT!

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well TBH all I can speculate on is what I think it will have to make hacking hard work. So encrypted ram and no "Wii Mode", that'll be taken care of by some sort of sandboxed VM/enu.

nunavat2010 said:
Wow! Are you always this angry? Take it easy like XFlak. May be I don't get your point.

His point is if you want to hack something, get something that doesn't need hacking...

Really funny to see people like that in a hacking sub-forum.

mike333

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've heard rumours that if You press reset on Wii U very rapidly then Nintendo HBC equivalent will appear on screen.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DJ91990 said:
As for the rest of the people that are complaining about "but I want open-source software for my WiiU/3DS" guess what!? Nintendo is the Apple of the video game industy! They do not like the idea of unauthorized software being used on their systems!

If you want open source software; GO BUY A COMPUTER AND LEARN HOW TO CODE PROGRAMS AND GAMES!

If you want open source software on the go; GO BUY AN ANDROID POWERED MOBILE DEVICE! Google LOVES open source!
There are several reasons consoles are targeted for homebrew, most of which are quite obvious if you take 30 seconds to consider them:
- Uses a TV for output = big ass screen rather than the 24" or whatever your PC has.
- Wireless gamepads are the standard input devices.
- In most cases, much easier to program for - bare metal embedded stuff is great, there's no OS to get in your way because your program is the OS. Compare that to Android which uses shitty Java, has all sorts of restrictions regarding access to hardware and limited battery life.
- No need to worry about compatibility problems since everyone has the same hardware.

tl;dr version: People use homebrew on their consoles for the same reasons they play games on their consoles - they're better at it than PCs.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well since we know everything about the Wii U, I'll tell you exactly how.

1. Put in Super Smash Bros Scuffle
2. Put in your SD Card with the patched stages in the Wii U
3. Go to the Custom Stage Selector
4. ???
5. Profit!

Reactions: HorreC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users