EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
I've downloaded the latest (?) Splatoon update via NUSGrabber but my Wii U still wants an update... Is it not giving me the latest version automatically? If not, what'd be the latest one?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was wondering...
Has anyone tried injecting NDS homebrew into a DS VC title?

I mean, playing DSDoom and some of the DS emulators through it would be awesome and would help while RA gets ported to the Wii U. :P

Last edited by ShadowOne333,
Reactions: CJB100

CJB100

Programmer, Media Producer, Hardware Repair
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've downloaded the latest (?) Splatoon update via NUSGrabber but my Wii U still wants an update... Is it not giving me the latest version automatically? If not, what'd be the latest one?

Could be wrong, but I think there was a post about this recently by @Robins. I think it's just something that happens, correct?

Reactions: 7Robins

CJB100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

EpicLPer

Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
https://gbatemp.net/threads/new-upd...rarily-to-quickly-update.433423/#post-6507951

Wasn't exactly your issue but yeah, looks like it may have something to do with it.

It was this post I was thinking of though: https://gbatemp.net/threads/system-update-out.433320/ Does your problem sound like that? Either way, the latest version is 5.5.1 I believe.
Not System Update, Splatoon Update...

NUSDownloader doesn't seem to automatically give me the latest version, I install es it but Splatoon still tells me upon starting it'd need an update.

Reactions: CJB100

CJB100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah I see. Lol sorry, I totally didn't understand. Well my Wii U is unmodified, so I can try and update Splatoon tonight when I get home and let you know what update it installs and if it does so successfully. Maybe someone else will be more helpful in the meantime.

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no new version that i know. I think your problem is that maybe you are missing some of the updates? It seems that you need to install each version of them in order.... correct me if i am wrong.

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The latest Splatoon update is 2.9.0, which came out last night. I'd suggest spoofing to 5.5.1 (if you haven't already, you can also do this if you're already on it) and use NNU patcher to download the update as you launch Splatoon. Reboot your console, patch with NNU then boot Splatoon and it should say something about an update.

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The latest Splatoon update is 2.9.0, which came out last night. I'd suggest spoofing to 5.5.1 (if you haven't already, you can also do this if you're already on it) and use NNU patcher to download the update as you launch Splatoon. Reboot your console, patch with NNU then boot Splatoon and it should say something about an update.
I wouldn't do that. I heard it would force a system update and update your console. Also there would be no reason for wupinstaller to exist if it is easy like that....?

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't do that. I heard it would force a system update and update your console. Also there would be no reason for wupinstaller to exist if it is easy like that....?
Considering there hasn't been an update yet, its safe. And if you block the updates with DNS, NNU bypasses it.

I'm sure it won't be safe whenever a new system update is out, but for right now, it is.

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering there hasn't been an update yet, its safe. And if you block the updates with DNS, NNU bypasses it.

I'm sure it won't be safe whenever a new system update is out, but for right now, it is.
That is if he is on 5.5.1. If he is not it can force a system update.

Reactions: EpicLPer

EpicLPer

Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
Doesn't work and has never worked.
Would only work if I'm directly on 5.5.1 which I'm not.

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should work if you've spoofed to 5.5.1. Can't force an update if it thinks you're on the latest.

If it doesn't then try downloading 2.9.0 from somewhere and installing it through WUP. If that doesn't work then I've no idea.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I was wondering...

I mean, playing DSDoom and some of the DS emulators through it would be awesome and would help while RA gets ported to the Wii U. :P
This would be extremely cool if it was possible.

Last edited by 7Robins,
Reactions: ShadowOne333

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't work and has never worked.
Would only work if I'm directly on 5.5.1 which I'm not.
Delete your splatoon update and then download each one of the update versions listed in wiiubrew. For a USA console it should be 16, 48, 64, 80, 96, 112, 128, 144, 160, 176, 192, 208, 224.
Then install them on that order using wupinstaller for homebrew launcher. It should fix it for you.

There used to be a thread somewhere about someone having problems with skipped update versions.... they would trigger a game update warning if you went straight into the latest one.

Last edited by Pachee,

EpicLPer

Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
Delete your splatoon update and then download each one of the update versions listed in wiiubrew. For a USA console it should be 16, 48, 64, 80, 96, 112, 128, 144, 160, 176, 192, 208, 224.
Then install them on that order using wupinstaller for homebrew launcher. It should fix it for you.

There used to be a thread somewhere about someone having problems with skipped update versions.... they would trigger a game update warning if you went straight into the latest one.
No, it was working a few days ago so I did have the latest update installed, no worries there.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I was wondering...

Anything requiring a FAT access or DLDI won't work I guess

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs