Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Straximus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jesus Christ...
You all took my wording out of context and turned this thread into a shitfest... again...

I apologize if my wording was poor and it sounded like resentment or whatever. That was not what I meant.

Your wording wasn't poor, but many people's reading comprehension was/is.

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus Christ...
You all took my wording out of context and turned this thread into a shitfest... again...
I already clarified things with naerhwert,
their work is not for release and uses a totally different exploit path then mine. This means they will be able to stockpile their exploit while I release mine. Problem solved.

I apologize if my wording was poor and it sounded like resentment or whatever. That was not what I meant.
I was simply stating that I would be moving on because they got there before me and have the means and time to build a great homebrew scene themselves (3DS was good example). Never I mentioned giving up or not releasing anything.
Honestly, I am surprised you haven't given up on releasing this. The Wii U Scene is disgusting (its becoming that the 3DS scene is). I dont think many people understand that you have other duties to attend to than working on this exploit. I couldn't care less if you release it or not, if you do, great, if you dont, great.

People posting here think that by constantly posting 'relez?' 'iosu exploit when?' or making dates up out of their own arse (looking at you, January 11th guy) is going to change anything make me laugh. Let him decide for himself. Yeah plutoo & co. have their own version, which they wont release (they never do), so just take your time and for the love of Ra, can the people involved int he WiiU Scene try to not make it a shitfest that is the 3DS scene? Thanks.

Angely

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So, let me get this straight.
1) Plutoo posts a picture of a wii u pad controller with red screen and 4 characters
2) Everyone goes batshit crazy over that picture
3) Hykem gives up on giving the exploit because he THINKS (denote here, THINKS) that the picture will, consequently, have a release from plutoo and naehrwert.
4) I pm naehrwert on IRC regarding this and he tells me there WON'T be a release and this is just for CTF purposes.

So, on which point do we stand now? Is this a bad fucking joke from all the devs? Because i'm certainly not finding this shit any funny.
So, draw your own conclusions, this scene is more than dead. It's filled with cheats and piracy, and releasing the keys, or not, wouldn't make it any difference. In fact, it would only increase the drama.
I'm out of this, this is not how developers should behave, people should talk and establish conclusions BEFORE making assumptions.

How do you mean developers shouldn't behave like that? Are you referring on nr 3? Hykem giving up on releasing a exploit he's working been hard on, because he thinks someone will release a xploit before him?So what if he does I think he's alright to behave that way, since he's the one who gave others pointers already so,it doesn't men he totally gve up on getting the exploit out in the world. if it means him not releasing his exploit yet might give him an & maybe us advantage later then he should by all means he should definatly keep it to himself untill he feels it's ok to release it. I mean who're we to judge for him what's best for now or how he should conclude things? I find it quite amusing people go badmouthing a developer as soon as that person desides nt to release something afterall. Things get cancelled/delayed everyday, somethimes it's for the best & somethimes it"s not that's just how live is. Whatever the reason they choose I think it's their right to do so, they're not our slaves xD. (eventhough some people want them to be)>.<. At least they've let the world know what they're planning/ are capable of, i mean they could've kept all quiet. I actually admire & respect some of them, because they can do something i can't do now & share it, despite all the bashing & problems they could get.

Also I think there might be some misunderstandings & miscommnication too & I agree totally with you that people should communicate before assumptions. It's just the way some people read something/retell & just start to have expectations, that makes things worser & causes all somethimes fun the drama. I actually find it quite amusing that you're contradictng yourself & make a drama based on rumors/someon just of retelling something in his words, Just like most other people in this thread. Why not just hope this scene will start bloom more & be happy with what we got now? The scene won't just die, unless everyone gives up on hacking/modding their console it's as simple as that.

In short just relax people & enjoy your precious short life instead of getting worked up in a negative way over a picture/video & some lines of text that aren't even clear. I mean did any of them literally said I'm never ever going to release an hack/exploit ever again, so long everyone!

@Plasma Shadow dang you posted before me, saying exactly what i meant to say xD, though I didn't know anything @Hykem said sinc i don't use IRC.
@Hykem I would've seriously tried to flee/go undecover if I were you me people ( can you even call them people?, no MONSTERS is better right?) on this forum are not really sane & safe to be around, you never know what they might do to you. Just a few words they don't like & they go all cazy!

Last edited by Angely,

Advanced User

Trophies
XP
Country
Jesus Christ...
their work is not for release and uses a totally different exploit path then mine. This means they will be able to stockpile their exploit while I release mine. Problem solved.

I was simply stating that I would be moving on because they got there before me and have the means and time to build a great homebrew scene themselves (3DS was good example). Never I mentioned giving up or not releasing anything.

Very glad to read this, for selfish reasons. I unexpectedly got a Wii U for Christmas from my family that presumably has either 5.4 or 5.5 pre-installed (Splatoon/Mario Kart bundle). After reading your posts here on Christmas, I decided to keep it factory sealed and either wait for your exploit, or sell it and buy a Wii U with lower firmware instead. Obviously I'd very much prefer to keep it.
Thanks for your hard work!

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
You are all misunderstanding here. I stated I was going to stop because I'm reaaally confident that they will release their work before me.
Plus, I had already predicted this would happen a long time ago. I had the feeling that if we would ever get close that some other group would release their stuff.
In my view, the Wii U scene will be in much more capable hands with them.

If they chose not to release, or if the exploit they developed was patched before 5.5.0, I see no reason to not release my work.
However, I strongly doubt that because I had already told naerhwert where to look for the bug I'm using.
Doesn't mean that's the one being used, but only they can confirm that.
I've been lurking the forums for a while, because I bought my kids a WiiU for Christmas. I must admit I was never big on getting a WiiU as I've owned an Xbox, then a Xbox 360, and now an Xbox One. I owned both an Xbox devkit and an Xbox 360 devkit along with my retail units. I have also developed a few exploits starting with the original Xbox. I was curious if the WiiU had any hacks, since I knew the Wii had been hacked to death, so I found this site and all the things you can do on the WiiU. I am assuming a lot of the people coming up with hacks have devkits or access to them, if so, then these hacks are hacking 101, at least for people with the correct knowledge, if not, then this stuff is pretty impressive, because I had devkits to help me work on mine on the Xbox and Xbox 360, which made it much easier. At any rate, I have been following along, hoping the Nintendo hacking scene was less volatile than the Xbox one was, but apparently, it isn't. It's pretty much par for the course and a major reason why I quit. Another reason was that I had a TBI and my brain is pretty messed up now, I have troubles even coding a basic program.

After reading your post though, I had to register to say something to you Hykem. I usually worked with different people on projects, and most people were great, but I found out early, you can't trust anyone but yourself, which is why most hacking scenes are so volatile, with everyone wanting all the glory and bragging and showing off things, but never releasing them, or when they do, they never give proper credit where it is due. One time I was working with another individual, and then started working with his friend who also joined in. I kept one important part to myself though for the longest time, and progress was going nicely. I made the mistake of sharing this info with one of them. Next thing you know, THEY finished another project and released it, with no mention of me. This actually happened to me a few more times, then I just started game hacking, and keeping all extra exploits to myself. If anyone recognizes my name, they may only know of any game hacking I've done, but know nothing of any of the many kernel exploits I worked on developing. I was actually one of the first people that played a hacked game on Xbox Live on the original Xbox, a RETAIL one, and was never caught. I never publicly shared this info, and it involved replacing the dashboard xbe file with the game xbe file and playing the game off the HDD, along with hacking the kernel. Now the reason not many people know this, is because I shared info with others and my name always disappeared from the mentions when they released their exploits/hacks. There was only one team I worked with that never did that to me, but all they ever really did, was release a dashboard, a program to make xbox isos, and a program to share xbox saves. Hykem, since you shared some info with this other group, the only way to guarantee that you are properly credited, is to release your own exploit first. If you don't care about credit, then no loss I suppose, but from what I've read of your posts, you seem to be a great guy with actual hacking ethics, don't let others without any ethics hurt your reputation or relegate you to never receiving the proper credit for your work. I always think, what if I had just gone ahead and released things on my own, people would actually respect my work more and I wouldn't be considered a lowly game hacker. Oh well, you can't change the past, but you can always change the future. Best of luck to you in whatever you do.

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Jesus Christ...

Thank you for clearing things up again Hykem. I think it would be wise to avoid quick assumptions publicly since many people here are counting a lot on your words XD.
Especially stuff that are so open for interpretation like this :

Sigh...
It's legit and probably works up to 5.5.0. Could be using the same bug I found, could be using another one. Guess my work is moot now. Congratulations @plutoo, @smealum and @naehrwert.
Should be matter of time until the keys are out and the exploit afterwards.
I'm moving on then. See ya.

zecoxao

Trophies
XP
Country
How do you mean developers shouldn't behave like that? Are you referring on nr 3? Hykum giving up on releasing a exploit he's working been hard on, because he thinks someone will release a xploit before him?So what if he does I think he's alright to behave that way, since he's the one who gave others pointers already so,it doesn't men he totally gve up on getting the exploit out in the world. if it means him not releasing his exploit yet might give him an & maybe us advantage later then he should by all means he should definatly keep it to himself untill he feels it's ok to release it. I mean who're we to judge for him what's best for now or how he should conclude things? I find it quite amusing people go badmouthing a developer as soon as that person desides nt to release something afterall. Things get cancelled/delayed everyday, somethimes it's for the best & somethimes it"s not that's just how live is. Whatever the reason they choose I think it's their right to do so, they're not our slaves xD. (eventhough some people want them to be)>.<. At least they've let the world know what they're planning/ are capable of, i mean they could've kept all quiet. I actually admire & respect some of them, because they can do something i can't do now & share it, despite all the bashing & problems they could get.

Also I think there might be some misunderstandings & miscommnication too & I agree totally with you that people should communicate before assumptions. It's just the way some people read something/retell & just start to have expectations, that makes things worser & causes all somethimes fun the drama. I actually find it quite amusing that you're contradictng yourself & make a drama based on rumors/someon just of retelling something in his words, Just like most other people in this thread. Why not just hope this scene will start bloom more & be happy with what we got now? The scene won't just die, unless everyone gives up on hacking/modding their console it's as simple as that.

In short just relax people & enjoy your precious short life instead of getting worked up in a negative way over a picture/video & some lines of text that aren't even clear. I mean did any of them literally said I'm never ever going to release an hack/exploit ever again, so long everyone!

I already answered your question
"people should talk and establish conclusions BEFORE making assumptions."

Hykem assumed they would release whatever they have. That is not the case. Case closed.

Droyd

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm really confused. I can understand why some people are disappointed... Somewhere in the previous pages we were told that the iosu exploit was ready and that the new thing that is worked on is the boot exploit, so how can Smea & Co be far ahead on their project ?

Last edited by Droyd,

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's not the 3 lines of HTML Hykem cared about, it's what plutoo and naehrwert posted. They showed the beginning of what's presumably a key, and the only way Hykem would know it is legit would be if he had the keys himself. So I find it more likely that he just jumped the gun on assuming they would make a release, an assumption which we now know is false.
Jesus Christ...

Thank you. People will be quiet now. Hopefully.

Keep on going, you are doing awesome. Even posting here into the killing crowd - you have some courage. ;)

EstPC13

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Yep... You guys do see what happened right?
People were bitching about waiting and then Hykem comes, sees the image and says it's over so now everyone's bitching about that. Now we're back on track, and they'll probably bitch again
EDIT:Damn you phone keyboard set to spanish

Last edited by EstPC13,

loco365

Trophies
XP
I'm almost glad I'm not getting hyped up on this until something tangible is released. I've heard of all sorts of things for the past while about hacks and exploits, but I'm not getting excited until I can actually do something with my Wii U, which has been gathering dust for the last three months.

Reactions: CaptainLoozer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: