Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
[
i mean, it definitely shouldn't give people any more reason to bother the poor soul, but it's not like it seriously hinders his workflow
no but it seriously floads this thread with pages of the same thing. Like from now and next week this thread will probable collect 10 pages more. And none of which will have any usefull information

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland

Ok, let's get this straight,
first of all, calm down with the shouting, it's making my ears ring and diminishing any point you try to make.
then, who are you to decide what should or shouldn't be made in this thread, i get it, you are a member who joined really long ago, so you have good reasons, but does that give you any authority to impose anything on anyone ? i don't think so, but if i am mistaken, please let me know.
If i understood your point well, you were affraid that people asking for more details like the compatible firmwares or release schedule or features and such may hinder his will to keep us updated and diminish his progress, if so, then i fail to see how my question, which is asking about weather the IOSU exploit was a full IOSU or only userland isn't meaningful, as it may bring some constructive insight and can be answered in a mere 5 seconds, if he wishes to do so.

If you see anything i missed in my argument, please let me know, so we can debate about it in lengths, but if you decide to do so, refrain from pressing the "caps lock" button.
Merry christmas/other non-religious festivity, @fiveighteen

Last edited by capito27,

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no but it seriously floads this thread with pages of the same thing. Like from now and next week this thread will probable collect 10 pages more. And none of which will have any usefull information
which is exactly how this thread has been since early june. if you're expecting one dev post to stop that, you're banking pretty hard on a miracle.

Reactions: Tony_93

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, let's get this straight,
first of all, calm down with the shouting, it's making my ears ring and diminishing any point you try to make.
then, who are you to decide what should or shouldn't be made in this thread, i get it, you are a member who joined really long ago, so you have good reasons, but does that give you any authority to impose anything on anyone ? i don't think so, but if i am mistaken, please let me know.
If i understood your point well, you were affraid that people asking for more details like the compatible firmwares or release schedule or features and such may hinder his will to keep us updated and diminish his progress, if so, then i fail to see how my question, which is asking about weather the IOSU exploit was a full IOSU or only userland isn't meaningful, as it may bring some constructive insight and can be answered in a mere 5 seconds, if he wishes to do so.

If you see anything i missed in my argument, please let me know, so we can debate about it in lengths, but if you decide to do so, refrain from pressing the "caps lock" button.
Merry christmas/other non-religious festivity, @fiveighteen
I've awakened the beast. You must use text-to-speech if caps make your ears ring. :creep:

I don't consider myself to have any authority, though maybe a little respect through seniority, and just wanted to stop this thread from gaining 17 pages in 17 minutes. I get that people are excited and thirst for more information based on their unique setup, but that will all be obvious when it's released and you try it. It doesn't require being brought up now. Sure, your question could be answered with a simple yes/no in 5 seconds. But when there is 45 of those (and there still will be), it will take much longer than that.

I'm actually an extremely sarcastic and passive-aggressive person, though, so don't take my caps-lock message too seriously (I'm on mobile so it actually took more effort for caps than a keyboard). I just thought it was funny/ironic that you both quoted and tagged Hykem after I had posted my message lol. (Edit: I guess you didn't tag him, oops)

I don't think (though I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again) that IOSU access has a usermode/kernel mode. It's just IOSU, and he exploited it (Edit: apparently this is one of those times). Hykem mentioned explicitly that it doesn't need PPC kernel access.

And since I despise politically correctness, Merry Christmas to all, whether you practice it or not.

Last edited by fiveighteen,

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I awakened the beast. You must use text-to-speech if caps make your ears ring. :creep:

I don't consider myself to have any authority, though maybe a little respect through seniority, and just wanted to stop this thread from gaining 17 pages in 17 minutes. I get that people are excited and thirst for more information based on their unique setup, but that will all be obvious when it's released and you try it. It doesn't require being brought up now. Sure, your question could be answered with a simple yes/no in 5 seconds. But when there is 45 of those (and there still will be), it will take much longer than that.

I'm actually an extremely sarcastic and passive-aggressive person, though, so don't take my caps-lock message too seriously (I'm on mobile so it actually took more effort for caps than a keyboard). I just thought it was funny/ironic that you both quoted and tagged Hykem after I had posted my message lol.

I don't think (though I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again) that IOSU access has a usermode/kernel mode. It's just IOSU, and he exploited it. Hykem mentioned explicitly that it doesn't need PPC kernel access.

And since I despise politically correctness, Merry Christmas to all, whether you practice it or not.
you are actually wrong on one point (not to sound like a dick, simply for accuracy's sake), IOSU contains usermode and kernel mode level privileges, from what @Hykem once said, i believe, thus why i was curious about that, and the fact that you only quoted my message and not anyone else's kinda triggered me, well...it did so way less that the caps lock tho :)

CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
Time to clear the air again. :rolleyes:

The following statements are facts:
- I have successfully compromised the Wii U's IOSU;
- The exploit being used works from 2.0.0 up to 5.5.0, but it obviously needs to be ported for each firmware;
- The exploit doesn't need PPC kernel access, so the new kernel exploit won't have to be released.

I want to do some kind of Christmas surprise yes, but take that with a grain of salt. I can't promise I will have the time to get everything ready by then and I'm not disclosing what will be released.
Keep in mind that releasing the exploit "as-is" is pointless, so it will have to be ported first and most likely obfuscated so it will take a little longer to patch. It's also worth noting that I will have to develop an easy way to block updates so no one updates past 5.5.0 by accident.

If you don't believe in anything stated above, that's not my problem. The best (and easiest) thing to do is wait and see.
This is awesome news! :)
Won't it be more meaningful to wait a few days after fw >5.5.0 to be out to include those who have accidentally updated past 5.5.0?

Antonio Ricardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Easy way to block updates so no one updates past 5.5.0 by accident = Emunand or something like that.
So if we want more people benefiting on WIIU Scene, of course priority(hykem release) will release for last update firmware(5.5.0) and devs ported to others firmwares after this.

Last edited by Antonio Ricardo,

oPolo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Easy way to block updates so no one updates past 5.5.0 by accident = Emunand or something like that.
So if we want more people benefiting on WIIU Scene, of course priority(hykem release) will release for last update firmware(5.5.0) and devs ported to others firmwares after this.

"Emunand = easy"

Woa! Hold your horses, mate :D I'm pretty sure there are some easier ways :P

Antonio Ricardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
"Emunand = easy"

Woa! Hold your horses, mate :D I'm pretty sure there are some easier ways :P

LOL
Emunand is a easy and safe way for normal people not update but hard to develop (devs).
Understood? But i agree, i think understood wrong what he wanted to say (easy way for him develop but at same time safe for us normal people)...lol
Now i understood when said the IOSU have his own kernel and after hykem explain everything became clearer.

Last edited by Antonio Ricardo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou