Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somehow doubt it, the Wii U feels pretty much done for big fancy updates with new features
SUPPOSEDLY there's going to be a major OS overhaul at some point before 2017 to make the Wii U compatible with the NX (system? OS?), but that's just a rumor so far (supposedly from a reliable source, but a rumor nonetheless)

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SUPPOSEDLY there's going to be a major OS overhaul at some point before 2017 to make the Wii U compatible with the NX (system? OS?), but that's just a rumor so far (supposedly from a reliable source, but a rumor nonetheless)
Maybe something like n3ds and xeno 3d. Like some stuff work but other require new nx thing. Would be diff. Doubt it but just thinking haha.

Last edited by EclipseSin,

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they got to do something with tv rigjt? all that interface stuff was part of the original marketing. i guess they gave enough notice not to be stuck with a class action lawsuit like the vita but still.
lol they removed it in this last one
There's always THEMES! Throwing that out would make a lot of people that are holding out update.
They already have themes, silly.

Reactions: Margen67

CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
I use the same and it works. The tcp gecko from code thread and the normal exploid it need only 4 min to read the fsa
Still doesn't work. TCP Gecko always fails to connect after clicking the "connect to gecko" button.
The only TCP Gecko version that is able to connect is the one that can't read the FSA.
This only happens with Super Mario 3D World and Hyrule Warriors

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS Rom injection works fine, just tested it with super mario 64 DS.
Huh, how'd you create the zip? I've tried using 7zip with Deflate and default options but it gets stuck forever and when I look at Task Manager it's sending 0 bytes per second. Only tested it with Squeak Squad and renaming the NDS file to the one inside ("WUP-N-DAKE.srl").
0KPBS.png

I'm using tubehax and I am not able to play smash anymore. Why? :cry:
I think someone needs to figure out what URLs/IPs it's blocking, I would say it's maintenance since there's been a lot recently but it's probably not that.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
so while writing a wiiu vc gba injector I needed to update tcpgecko for a new command, without that command the whole thing would've been very slow. so if anyone hosts that file on their own and doesnt use my webpage make sure to have that updated.
Could you please FIX94 give me them in html format. I cannot do it myself or just too lazy tbh :)

wj44

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Huh, how'd you create the zip? I've tried using 7zip with Deflate and default options but it gets stuck forever and when I look at Task Manager it's sending 0 bytes per second. Only tested it with Squeak Squad and renaming the NDS file to the one inside ("WUP-N-DAKE.srl").
0KPBS.png

I think someone needs to figure out what URLs/IPs it's blocking, I would say it's maintenance since there's been a lot recently but it's probably not that.
There was no zip file(Just replace the rom.nds).
cTdDjxd.png

Last edited by wj44,

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
That is Dr Kawashima's Brain Training How Old Is Your Brain?(EUR)
It was the free euro version along while back and it has been changed now but I have been told by a few that have bought VC DS roms and they all say they come with .zip not .nds.

Last edited by Reecey,

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it seems they have updated the ds roms on eshop. The old ones came with .nds the new ones come with .zip so don't get fooled into buying anymore.
If that were true then Squeak Squad would have an update and I just checked, it doesn't. I'll do some poking to see what was added when, I got some money to blow too.

Reactions: EclipseSin

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
If that were true then Squeak Squad would have an update and I just checked, it doesn't. I'll do some poking to see what was added when, I got some money to blow too.
OK goodluck. My Brain Training was a free euro download version along time ago and I still had it luckly on my wiiu and it had the rom.nds compiled in the contents but I have noticed over at the VC Injecting thread that a lot of people that have gone and bought DS VC titles since NNUpatcher recently all say they have a rom.zip file compiled and no matter what you try it wont work. But look it still does not mean you cannot sort something out, I'm not saying give up but be careful spending unnecessary money!

Last edited by Reecey,

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK goodluck. My Brain Training was a free euro download version along time ago and I still had it luckly on my wiiu and it had the rom.nds compiled in the contents but I have noticed over at the VC Injecting thread that a lot of people that have gone and bought DS VC titles since NNUpatcher recently all say they have a rom.zip file compiled and no matter what you try it wont work. But look it still does not mean you cannot sort something out, I'm not saying give up but be careful spending unnecessary money!
Just downloaded Yoshi's Island DS from eShop which was released directly after the April 1st Direct where they announced it, no updates and still uses rom.zip :< guess we got bigger problems.
I could probably find a way to patch the string to "rom.nds" and add a branch to skip the zip parsing code and jump directly to the NDS/SRL loading. @golden45 any plans in the near future to add code patching at launch to Cafiine?

EDIT: Nintendo pls
NintendoPls.png

Last edited by NWPlayer123,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)