Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

IbbyPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't plan to announce more until release, but maybe this will make some naysayers be quiet. :P

xPATe3d.jpg

In case you don't believe this is actually 5.3.2, I plan to have a video up soon. Thanks to Hykem and Mathew_Wi for also working on this.
One word.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Didn't plan to announce more until release, but maybe this will make some naysayers be quiet. :P

xPATe3d.jpg

In case you don't believe this is actually 5.3.2, I plan to have a video up soon. Thanks to Hykem and Mathew_Wi for also working on this.
ALL ABOARD THE WIIU HYPETRAIN!!!

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

xPATe3d.jpg

The fact that you post this only three hours after I've realised that my Wii U was updated is a prime example for my kind of luck :( Well I can only hope that 5.4.0 isn't totally unhackable

Reactions: picano

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm talking strictly from specs, two game pads supposedly is a feature, but I don't think Nintendo has yet had a great enough idea to justify selling individual game pads. They could do it right now, but I suspect if they ever utilize the feature it would have to be for a gaming experience that truly benefits greatly from it. Frankly, I suspect hackers will be the first to utilize the feature for home brew and emulators before Nintendo does with a specific game.

If someone thinks you have an unfair advantage with the game pad for a game like MK8, then don't use the game pad with them, level the playing field by using a pro controller if they truly think you have a better chance of winning. Though honestly, I've never felt I've had an advantage in MK8 when I use the gamepad, me and my buddy are pretty evenly matched, we beat each other pretty much 50/50, and honestly I've rarely bothered to look what other players have for items, what little advantage that gives me doesn't feel worth looking away from the main screen for.

As for those functions only accessible with the game pad, this is true, but Nintendo could patch this if they want, you don't need to access those features, and if it really bothers anyone to use the gamepad but find they want to change something in the settings or whatever, then suck it up, you'll only need to use the pad for a few minutes and can then go back to the controller you prefer. But I'm pretty sure you can navigate the eshop with a wiimote and maybe even the pro controller. Pretty sure the game pad isn't actually necessary there. Also lol, how are parental controls "more important"? Most of us do not utilize parental controls on our systems.

Dual gamepads are possible, I can confirm this. The issue is companies are having issues getting them to work together simultaneously on retail units. I'm not quite sure what the issue is, but its isolated to retail Wii U's only. THAT much I can tell you :P

Reactions: duffmmann

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol so WebKit exploit für 5.3.2 is finished? Or what are we looking at here?

Not completely finished, but this is showing that we have code execution. I'm working on turning this into a full exploit that lets you run shellcode (school ends tomorrow for me, so I'm about to have much more time).

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you going to finish it just for the sake of it? Because you guys already spent so much time on it?
Afaik you have stable exploits to work with on lower FWs correct?

I'm just asking because of this 5.4.0 fiasco ... if it wouldn't make more sense to put every second of work into the development of this FW.

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you going to finish it just for the sake of it? Because you guys already spent so much time on it?
Afaik you have stable exploits to work with on lower FWs correct?

I'm just asking because of this 5.4.0 fiasco ... if it wouldn't make more sense to put every second of work into the development of this FW.

It's not just for the sake of it, plenty of people (me included) are still on 5.3.2. We're still working on 5.4.0, don't worry. :)

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's all good, take your time .... I bought a Wii U just to be on the safe side ... it's sitting here till eveything is ready :D
Hell I don't even know if it's working ...

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant how much it needs to be polished

The 4.1.0 web exploit is very stable, and it's been that way ever since its release, to the best of my knowledge. As for a 4.1.0 version of the kernel exploit, it's semi-working, but once we have more recent Wii U versions supported, there won't be much reason to care about it anymore.

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
In the UK, I'm just using virgin broadband router DNS filter option, and Wii U hasn't updated. It tried to download the new software under download management but fails before it even starts.

I'm not sure if I will hold back from updating to 5.4, it depends what I can do on it. I was only looking forward to cheats and possible in the future some IOSU exploit that will in turn allow some sort of backup launcher. Until then I've bought most games so I'm happy to play them on 5.3.2

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm still on 3.1.0 :-)

No need to update until something gets released. I'm still looking forward to the IOSU exploit as well. If things go as I'm hoping, you should either be able to access the Wii U external HD or perhaps easier, access a FAT formatted SD Card inserted in and from the Wii U.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat