Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sooo ready! :P
I never liked it as a kid neither, I just want to give it a try along with the Banjo/Conker games to see what I was missing.
I really hope something like injected CIA/WAD become a thing for Wii U Brew.

would probable be better to just have an emulator instead of injecting wads as we have seen on the wii many did and many more didnt work

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

csgolawliet

Trophies
XP
Country
do you guys think that something could be done with the amiibos once we have homebrew? for example making the console think you have a samus amiibo to use in MK8 being a pikachu one

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
would probable be better to just have an emulator instead of injecting wads as we have seen on the wii many did and many more didnt work

While I know this is true to a degree, I gotta say 95% of them worked for me. It required trying different wads for troublesome roms, but still... I'm very much looking forward to injecting wads. I don't use any of the special features in any emulators except wit Zelda sometimes using the HD Texture pack so Wii U would work fine for playing those types of games for me, as the Wii did before it. There is also the fact that DS games will come to VC, and I gotta say I'd rather use my TV and Wii Pad vs mouse and controller.

do you guys think that something could be done with the amiibos once we have homebrew? for example making the console think you have a samus amiibo to use in MK8 being a pikachu one

I can't say for certain, but I think if we get dumps from the nfc using some Wii U hack it would be possible at some point. I'm not really sure how they work honestly. Like, all amiibos and future amiibos will work regardless of wii u firmware version (as long as supported fw obviously), that type of thing.

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In most cases, yes, using one of the larger games ( like N64 Zelda OoT on Wii VC ) will work well for most games, but some of the VC games have extra patches that allow other injected games to work. It has been a while since I have done any VC injecting, but I believe I had to use MM wad to get Mystical Ninja booting (still didnt work at the time), where as Ocarina's wad would just go black screen.

Edit: This is assuming the Wii U VC games are of a similar fashion.

Yes, I know that, but since the exploit is webbrowser, it could work exactly the way you do on the 3DS?

Also, DONKEY KONG 64!!!!! Pretty big game, so should download from eShop before a new Nintendo update is out.
So that should work with most games since Donkey Kong 64 pretty big.

Also, it's a Rareware game!!! This means Rareware games will work on the Wii U for injects!!! DIDDY KONG RACING!!!!! Conker 64, Perfect Dark, GoldenEye 007.

Dat based exploit, dat based VC injector for 3DS that has to be ported to the Wii U and make it work for GBA, DS and N64 injects!!!!!!!

Reactions: Margen67

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, I know that, but since the exploit is webbrowser, it could work exactly the way you do on the 3DS?

Also, DONKEY KONG 64!!!!! Pretty big game, so should download from eShop before a new Nintendo update is out.
So that should work with most games since Donkey Kong 64 pretty big.

Also, it's a Rareware game!!! This means Rareware games will work on the Wii U for injects!!! DIDDY KONG RACING!!!!! Conker 64, Perfect Dark, GoldenEye 007.

Dat based exploit, dat based VC injector for 3DS that has to be ported to the Wii U and make it work for GBA, DS and N64 injects!!!!!!!
Yea, I'm looking forward to some Diddy and GoldenEye. Anyway, it will probably work using a web browser exploit similar to the 3DS if possible (or someone has the determination) until an IOSU exploit is finished. I was actually wondering if VC games are compatible with Cafiine as that would probably be easiest in the beginning. Without any exploit releases I can't know for certain though. I usually test this crap on my own so I don't have to post questions that make me look like a retard. Lol.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
While I know this is true to a degree, I gotta say 95% of them worked for me. It required trying different wads for troublesome roms, but still... I'm very much looking forward to injecting wads. I don't use any of the special features in any emulators except wit Zelda sometimes using the HD Texture pack so Wii U would work fine for playing those types of games for me, as the Wii did before it. There is also the fact that DS games will come to VC, and I gotta say I'd rather use my TV and Wii Pad vs mouse and controller.

I can't say for certain, but I think if we get dumps from the nfc using some Wii U hack it would be possible at some point. I'm not really sure how they work honestly. Like, all amiibos and future amiibos will work regardless of wii u firmware version (as long as supported fw obviously), that type of thing.

having vc wads it great but for quicker easier setting up an emulator would still be best (no need to get roms and inject wads and go through testing) the ds and n64 emulator should work flawlessly with many roms. i never saw any working golden eye injected wads but maybe someone got one working!

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
having vc wads it great but for quicker easier setting up an emulator would still be best (no need to get roms and inject wads and go through testing) the ds and n64 emulator should work flawlessly with many roms. i never saw any working golden eye injected wads but maybe someone got one working!

We aren't really talking about Wii wads (least im not), they're just much easier to use for an example and the GoldenEye comment was in correlation to Donkey Kong 64 getting a VC release on Wii U. It may be possible to inject goldeneye into since it's another RARE game. That was what we were talking about. Also, "easier setting up an emulator" is an opinion not a fact. I can setup a Wii wad in like 30 seconds and install it in another 15 (or however long the slow wii takes to install it). Either way, this is all speculation at the moment.

dacore84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You asked if you were OK on 5.2.0 and the answer was "EVERY firmware is OK". "Every" meaning including 5.2.0!

Wow.

Omg.. "the answer was "EVERY firmware is OK"." Yeah, usually the answer is AFTER the question..

Wow.

Edit: Or I´m not even sure what you are complaining about. "kettenschutz," verified that "Every Firmware should be fine" and then i replied to him and said "Thank you!". Why are you even quoting that other post? Jeez..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    Must be a regional thing.
    Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3
    Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I promise to come back and take her back home with me.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    halllo
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: hello