Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
fail0verflow presented just about everything they possibly could about the Wii U (short boot1) without outright spelling out the exact exploits they used last year, so not expecting anything from them regarding it this year. They'll probably show off a bunch of other cool stuff at their table though.

NWPlayer, MN1, not sure what exactly you guys have cooking, but definitely sounds exciting :D

arbiter34

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r0-r31 are all general purpose registers.

NWPlayer123 while yes they are general purpose that doesn't tell me which registers are used for what. For instance, r28-r31 are promise save registers, commonly used to save variables prior to leafing instead of on the stack. Other registers have specific purposes even though they are not "special purpose registers."

Ray Lewis, I am not getting "at" anything, I am asking general questions for my own knowledge.

*edit*typo*edit*

Reactions: Ray Lewis

Tothelimit

Trophies
XP
Country
Will this lead to use the gamepad in vWii mode sometime, or it has nothing to do with the exploit your working on?
btw, Thank you for your selfless work.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will this lead to use the gamepad in vWii mode sometime, or it has nothing to do with the exploit your working on?
btw, Thank you for your selfless work.
Nope, that would require an IOSU exploit, this is only a kernel exploit. It should be possible to recreate the same thing in Wii U mode, once an IOSU exploit is made vWii will basically be obsolete.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, that would require an IOSU exploit, this is only a kernel exploit. It should be possible to recreate the same thing in Wii U mode, once an IOSU exploit is made vWii will basically be obsolete.

If gamepad support is ever added to linux, in theory one could implement it in a port of linux for the vWii, but without an IOSU exploit, its still going to be blocked. For an example, when doing anything in vWii mode and you try to use the gamepad it immediately gives an error on the screen stating something along the lines of Wii software cannot be controlled with the gamepad.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The main reason I say that is that IOSU is what handles Cafe2Wii for sandboxing everything. In order to change how the sandbox works you need access to IOSU.
I posted about this in another thread. The exploit was "given up." Everything else will get patched, regardless of "obfuscation." The encryption part and maybe common key people talk about might be out there. If anyone could really explain how useful that is that would be great.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I posted about this in another thread. The exploit was "given up." Everything else will get patched, regardless of "obfuscation." The encryption part and maybe common key people talk about might be out there. If anyone could really explain how useful that is that would be great.
With these private keys, we can decrypt and resign isos filesystems, install and run homebrew "officially." making it near impossible for nintendo to detect content signed by by homebrewers etc....

Reactions: Ryanrocks462

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yup, isn't it so great ;3
Private keys are not found, they are almost NEVER found. At least if they are nobody shares them. Wasn't that what Sony messed up? You can do what TSK mentioned with the common key? Here are the keys off the top of my head. What others ones are there and what are these and other keys needed for?

1.) Ancast keys
2.) Title keys (per game, right, unique?)
3.) Common key
4.) vWii keys that I guess are the same as with the Wii (right?)

Hard reset was SAID to have been needed to get to the OTP area, right? Where other keys are stored? I also thought the IOSU exploit was needed to go further than a kernel exploit? Haha, this is going to be interesting. Can we pretend today is Christmas? Lol, spell out what keys you have since they cannot be stopped, supposedly? Decryption...common key...ancast keys were talked about before...each game has a title key.... The tool I thought Crediar made but was "not useful without the common key"? Lol. I hate guessing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: