Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How are you that certain that the video is a fake?

If it was legit, it would already be plastered all over the internet by now :P

Earthbound2 are you referring to the web based menu in my sig? Because thats far from being an actual channel or full fledged solution. Its more if a proof of concept than anything else

Reactions: Bladexdsl
D

Deleted User

Hey guys, idk if important but, Smash Wii U is allowing access to the SD card for the screenshots. If I remember correctly, this should be the first Wii U game to allow SD card access. Maybe we can do something with it

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Wii_U_GamePad
Interesting, looks like there's already some data up about NFC. It's nothing to do with Amiibo, but it's a start.

Well that was quick.

It is conceivable, though, that we could try to inherit the rights of Smash (assume it's process ID) to get SD access once we have a kernel exploit.
I take it we don't know the firmware on the disc yet? I remember hearing in the Nintendo Direct something to the effect the game won't have native support from the get go but will in an update.

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Only problem will be, Nintendo's well aware that this is the first Wii U game to allow direct SD access, AND that its prequel was the catalyst of another hack, one that involved the SD card as well. Things may get tougher.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Kargaroc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SD hack for SSBU? lol
I'd like to see it happen but it's pretty much impossible considering that they would've gotten their stuff together.
Not to mention that the Wii U has other barriers besides just initial code execution.
With the Wii, code execution == homebrew
With the Wii U, you need to have kerbel and UIOS exploits (which are NOT the same thing) as well to get the full potential.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SD hack for SSBU? lol
I'd like to see it happen but it's pretty much impossible considering that they would've gotten their stuff together.
Not to mention that the Wii U has other barriers besides just initial code execution.
With the Wii U, you need to have kerbel and UIOS exploits (which are NOT the same thing) as well to get the full potential.

No console is unhackable, everything takes time; don't assume that it's impossible. Are you a programmer? No? Then don't rule anything out.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SD hack for SSBU? lol

The type of exploit, I'm referring to would be a Userland exploit with sd card access. Still limited but it would allow us to launch stuff right off an sd card (which the browser exploit in its current state cannot). It would give us more freedom in that respect. Its a step in the right direction.

Eventually somebody may be able to gain kernel access by using a smash bros userland exploit as leverage to trigger something else (much like Chadderz and beans used the browser exploit as leverage for their ppc kernel exploit).

Each of these corresponding binary files are only 1kb a pop. That tells me that its just essentially a text file that "could" be edited with say notepad or something else similar. The current issue is that its encrypted. We need to find a way to decrypt and resign/fake sign it and we can replace snapshot images with any other images we want. From that point forward we can start experimenting with using corrupted image files to trigger code execution....

I'm going to play around with this files some more today. I'm going to see if I can open them in a hex editor or anything. Of course even in a hex editor, we have no idea what instruction set they're using and trying to tweak it would be nightmarish, but if a hex editor can properly open it, then we found a bug that allows it to be opened unencrypted. From that point forward we could save it in a decrypted format and "hopefully" modify it in a text editor. Then we just need to figure out how to fakesign it without the private key XD.

For those who are about to complain about me being so open about this, I KNOW Nintendo is watching scene websites like this and I really don't care at the moment. Common sense tells us that this being the first Wii U game with direct sd card access and given what happened with SSBB for the Wii, Nintendo is well aware people are going to jump on the opportunity to exploit it and they will patch it ASAP once it happens. There's no point in hiding any of this.

If you're interested in an exploit for this game just wipe out all your internet/wifi settings on your console, otherwise leave it online and forget about this exploit altogether

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: 112TB in this photo 😎😎