Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, I thought about something ... I don't know if it's doable but since we can transfer our MH3U save from Wii U to 3ds, dump the save with GW and we can decrypt 3ds save files, could that lead to a Wii U exploit since we can put it back on 3ds and transfer it back on the Wii U?

mashiro21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I thought about something ... I don't know if it's doable but since we can transfer our MH3U save from Wii U to 3ds, dump the save with GW and we can decrypt 3ds save files, could that lead to a Wii U exploit since we can put it back on 3ds and transfer it back on the Wii U?

i created a thread with the exact same idea, no one cared. maybe we'll at least get an answer here. :)

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nope, typical buffer overflow hax won't work most of the time on the Wii U because it's got protected memory (marked as non-executable).

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"most of the time" so you're saying there's a chance :P

There's no reason for us to be poking around with game-based userland exploits which will work for x% of users when we can just keep building them for the browser, including 100% of users.

Also no, not really anything of a chance. I was just trying to cover literally every possible case.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't know if this has been posted here or not, but there might be a thread of use over on Reddit, with the following image:

DFtnjEa.jpg

Reddit thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/wiiu/comments/2gg8lp/playing_cod_online_got_disconnected_and_then_this/

Kargaroc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What we need is kernel and UIOS exploits, so that we can go further.

But, seriously, that might as well be scientifically impossible. Really, how many exploits have been released post-geohot?

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What we need is kernel and UIOS exploits, so that we can go further.

But, seriously, that might as well be scientifically impossible. Really, how many exploits have been released post-geohot?
There's a lot of interest in publicly releasing an exploit, at least. It's just that pretty much everyone who was working on stuff came more or less to a stop come September. School and work and whatnot. Keep an eye out though, the interest's still there.

Reactions: filfat

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There's a lot of interest in publicly releasing an exploit, at least. It's just that pretty much everyone who was working on stuff came more or less to a stop come September. School and work and whatnot. Keep an eye out though, the interest's still there.
It was quite obvious that if nothing is accomplished during holidays things will be stale again. :( I also wanted to mess with Wii U mods but time is about up even though holidays are a bit longer for me (till 10th October).

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think even the "faithful" have pretty much given up hope for softmods. I buy games and WOULD like to have a cheat system though like "Ocarina" for the Wii. Even if they get something going, like Marcan said, it will become "cat and mouse" and he (et al) don't want to deal with that. There are kernel exploits BUT no publicly acknowledged IOSU or "UIOS" (which is correct?) exploit. Even if finished my gut says this will not be shared with a majority of us. f0f and others have gone "all the way" with the Wii U and I have not looked up the XBone or PS4 stuff. I HIGHLY doubt anyone will touch the PS4. If they do it won't be public. I am going to hope for Metroid, an ACTUAL Zelda game after this "Warriors" one, and see what else comes along. This is getting stale and the videos people show is just like salt in the wounds. "Congratulations, you must be very proud of yourselves" is what I think of saying :-)

Leandro Silva

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello guys, can anyone help me with a doubt about Vwii unlock?
If i do the procedures as mentioned in the sticked topic, after successful unlock will i be able to play Wii u Games online(ie: Mario Kart 8)? Or i will need to put the Wiiu in offline mode forever?

Many Thanks and sorry for the English errors.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be able to play online, yes you need to update your system to the latest version,and install the patch for MK8. No, it doesn't matter if you update because we're not going to get anywhere anytime soon.
If you're talking about just using vWii, softmodding via a disc exploit (Smash Stack, any of the lego games) will work on any version, you don't /NEED/ to update but you can. However this has no relevance to the Wii U side of things, it only allows you to install the homebrew channel and run homebrew in the sandboxed (IE underpowered) vWii mode. Think of it as literally a wii inside your wii u, you're using one or the other. (Just know that most homebrew applications have vWii counterparts)

Reactions: Leandro Silva

Leandro Silva

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
To be able to play online, yes you need to update your system to the latest version,and install the patch for MK8. No, it doesn't matter if you update because we're not going to get anywhere anytime soon.
If you're talking about just using vWii, softmodding via a disc exploit (Smash Stack, any of the lego games) will work on any version, you don't /NEED/ to update but you can. However this has no relevance to the Wii U side of things, it only allows you to install the homebrew channel and run homebrew in the sandboxed (IE underpowered) vWii mode. Think of it as literally a wii inside your wii u, you're using one or the other. (Just know that most homebrew applications have vWii counterparts)

Thank you for the answer, i think i already lost my chance to unlock vWii mode, because i bought the console and updated it for the last version automatically.... if i reset the wii u for the factory settings... do you think the console will degrade the update? Thanks.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the answer, i think i already lost my chance to unlock vWii mode, because i bought the console and updated it for the last version automatically.... if i reset the wii u for the factory settings... do you think the console will degrade the update? Thanks.

There's no benefit to holding out on updating, you didn't lose anything, many hackers have stated they're working on something as we speak, so really, nothing was lost. You can't reset to factory settings.

Leandro Silva

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There's no benefit to holding out on updating, you didn't lose anything, many hackers have stated they're working on something as we speak, so really, nothing was lost. You can't reset to factory settings.

So let me know if i get it, it doesnt matter, i can update my WiiU to the latest version and unlock Vwii mode because there are no connection between them. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended