Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is this actually true tho? only reason i ask is because the vwii has the same amount of ram and processors as the standard wii. the only difference of having 3cores would be that the processors and ram wouldnt just rely on 1core? so technically it wouldnt be any different (more power) then normal? or am i wrong

Its true once we figure out how to actually fully utilize these additional cores. Right now The Trinux Team is currently working on this with their official kernel image. I have yet to actually play around with the official kernel image at all. I went for Easy Wii Linux first as I'm already familiar with it as I had it on my original Wii before I gave it to my nephew for his birthday :P. I plan on trying the latest Trinux Kernel image next, but as for fully utilizing all 3 cores, this has not been achieved yet. They are able to run code on all three cores but not to its full potential yet.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My only issue is that they specifically locked all the specs down so it doesn't break any games. It's meant to run exactly like a wii, adding the extra cores kinda defeats the point, that's what Cafe mode is for :P So if you fry your wii u/discs/anything else it's not my fault.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

TeamScriptKiddies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My only issue is that they specifically locked all the specs down so it doesn't break any games. It's meant to run exactly like a wii, adding the extra cores kinda defeats the point, that's what Cafe mode is for :P So if you fry your wii u/discs/anything else it's not my fault.

Its not likely that you would fry the wii u or any of that. All of the hardware isn't even enabled, no reason for anything to overheat or anything (unless you have a defective console lol). As for bricking, yes there is a slight risk while installing the bootmii wad and IOS 236 (for the wad manager), but that's true of any wad/cIOS file as its writing to the NAND or in this case Virtual NAND. As for the rest of the exploit, nothing is actually being written to NAND. Outside of of installing the cIOS and installing the Bootmii Wad, the chance of bricking the console is almost non-existent.

However, if something were to go critically wrong for whatever reason and something DID cook or brick, it would be worth it. I don't mind sacrificing a console to the "digital gods" in the name of developing homebrew lmao

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
News???? Something more in the horizon???for wiiU I hope the same homebrew lucky of wii/gc. The ode future isnt the best ...

TeamScriptKiddies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
News???? Something more in the horizon???for wiiU I hope the same homebrew lucky of wii/gc. The ode future isnt the best ...
I'm hoping to join Ninja_Carver in the epic quest to make Trinux a viable platform for homebrew. I'm currently awaiting his reply, but seeing as its a holiday weekend, it could be a while lol

Reactions: Psionic Roshambo

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I hope that we have something besides an ODE for Wii U homebrew.

So did the WiiU key just end up doing nothing important?

Personally couldn't care less, softmods are better anyway.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope that we have something besides an ODE for Wii U homebrew.
Do you know anyone who can do the smp part that is the toughest task? I hoped there is something on the Wiig U Come might share. He seems to be the most friendly. Wii U side has to have useful "drivers" that could be adapted. I am probably too imaginative.

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, good news guys. :) Thanks to some work by Chadderz and me, we were able to get memory dumps on a 5.0.0 Wii U. I then used these memory dumps to rebuild the ROP chain, which as it turns out, also works on 5.1.0. This means that all versions of the Wii U system software above and including 4.0.0 are supported. As always, you can find the code here.

Ryanrocks462

Wii U/3DS Hacker.. Will test anything, A Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, good news guys. :) Thanks to some work by Chadderz and me, we were able to get memory dumps on a 5.0.0 Wii U. I then used these memory dumps to rebuild the ROP chain, which as it turns out, also works on 5.1.0. This means that all versions of the Wii U system software above and including 4.0.0 are supported. As always, you can find the code here.

omg good work marionumber1 :D

Reactions: filfat

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ooooh yeah!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs