CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
less then 4 nothing, what are you talking about?

I was merely secondhand telling the person above me to the irrelevance of their question.

why irrelevant? Some posts before it's said that mn1 and so on are working on a kernel exploit release. I'd just like to know what it would make possible and if this includes full RAM access

Reactions: Hiccup

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Just purchased a wii u basic and it's on version 1.0.2e, is there anything I can do to help with potential exploit

Yes, use MK8 disc and update to 4.1.0 (WITHOUT internet connection).
You will be in a exploitable firmware in that case and you will be able to use the current Wii U Browser exploit :) .
Another games I know there are in 4.1.0:
Bayonetta 1 and 2.

EDIT: Some user reports me Mario Kart 8 disc has now 5.1.2 Update, use Bayonetta 2 Disc instead.

EDIT2: Bubba has made a list with a Wii U games, he wrote what firmware has each Wii U Game ;)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiu-list-of-system-updates-on-disc.372041/
According to him, Hyrule Warriors have 4.1.0 .

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Doesn't it write what firmware u will be updating to when using disc

It will install the firmware that is in the game disc (When you are offline, of course) , for example, if you have Bayonetta 2 game disc, with a 1.0.2 firmware, since Bayonetta 2 has 4.1.0, you should appear in a 4.1.0 firmware after updating.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean anything substantial would make one want or care to have credit on something.

If you have a better suggestion for a hub for Wii U Hacking, by all means, say it. I like GBAtemp because it has both the derps and the experts all in one place. Perfect for building a scene.

Any answer would just draw conjecture.
Again, another fool trying to keep secrets. I find out everything eventually. Just when I thought this thread could be back on topic someone else has to derail it.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any answer would just draw conjecture.

Yeah, no, I call bullshit. Unless you contribute something to Wii U hacking, don't derail the thread again. Would be nice to get the actual topic of Wii U hacking back on track. Do you have any ideas or proposals on how Wii U exploits should be approached? No? Then by all means, you're welcome to go complain somewhere else.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still, Marcan said 6 mounths will be needed for Warez in Wii U, thanks to the leaked Wii U common-key ...

Unless you consider the fact that an ODE could have been finished independently before then. I have no idea when it might show up, but hopefully the kernel exploit is right around the corner. Progress is slow but steady.

PS: If anyone has suggestions on where to find a Wii U with a low enough firmware to run code it would be well appreciated.

Reactions: Fpsrussia117

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, no, I call bullshit. Unless you contribute something to Wii U hacking, don't derail the thread again. Would be nice to get the actual topic of Wii U hacking back on track. Do you have any ideas or proposals on how Wii U exploits should be approached? No? Then by all means, you're welcome to go complain somewhere else.

But you really don't either, and you have like 800 messages in this thread. So don't be a hypocrite.

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Unless you consider the fact that an ODE could have been finished independently before then. I have no idea when it might show up, but hopefully the kernel exploit is right around the corner. Progress is slow but steady.

PS: If anyone has suggestions on where to find a Wii U with a low enough firmware to run code it would be well appreciated.

there was a guy here who got one on 1.0. something, is that what you mean?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

I think most 8gb basic sets with no games are in low firmware. Honnestly those packs don't sells, so I expect them to have an old firmware.

Reactions: Fpsrussia117

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup