Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

yahoo

G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really hope the kernel exploit (or whatever is needed for code execution from the browser) isn't patched in 5.3.2. If the crash I found turns out to be exploitable, that still won't mean anything unless the code execution exploit still works...

That would be the ROP chain that you hope hasn't changed.

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I thought once you had ROP you could modify small things but you needed another exploit for code exec. At least that was my interpretation of 3DS exploits, it could be different on the Wii U.

It's a little different, (you can't execute apps, at least, I can't with only Userland Exploit) but you can Write RAM, for example, replace a screenshot of the Web Browser with another One, that's overwritting the Wii U RAM.

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
That's what I meant.
I have my hopes up for a 5.3.2 kernel exploit if that's the only way to actually run full apps though.

Maybe, but for some reason, I think we will need a IOSU exploit to run full apps (however Is just a feeling, maybe is completely wrong xD).
According to NWPlayer, we will need a IOSU exploit for online gaming, since online features are controlled by IOSU, which it self is controlled by Starbuck CPU (so it even means we could need a Starbuck exploit :/ )

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry, Nintendo don't know what bug are we talking now, there are a lot of them ;) .

That assumption is incorrect.( I would rather not say anymore on the subject).
If I were you, I would assume that bug is definitely compromised. The expiration date is soon.
I would expect a new update within a week. That is IF it is viable exploit.

Reactions: VinsCool

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
That assumption is incorrect.( I would rather not say anymore on the subject).
If I were you, I would assume that bug is definitely compromised. The expiration date is soon.
I would expect a new update within a week. That is IF it is viable exploit.

Well that's true in part, but Nintendo doesn't know exactly what exploit I'm talking about (they don't know what Addresses I'm talking about or the URL), but you know what? you are right, better be safe than sorry, i will stop talking about it so we don't put that in risk (If Nintendo Patches it, i will throw 3 hours of my time to trash :v )

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The URL is visible for 2 frames in the video though (not the ultra long number URL)
Also, can I use OpenDNS to block updates, and if so how?

Oh, didn't you erased that?,Try to make another video without showing nothing about the bug, if you can.
About OpenDNS, I would like to help you, but I don't block updates, I just block the entire MAC address of My Wii U....
I lied, in fact, i found i blocked some Addresses...

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: Kelton2

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Kelton2 here are the IPs I blocked:
nus.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net
nus.wup.shop.nintendo.net
nus.cdn.shop.wii.com
nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
My Wii u can't update.
However, I always disconnect my Wii U from internet to prevent Updating (even with the Blocked servers)

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
thanks, the shorter the list the better, if that is confirmed to not update it's easier than a 1000 (hyperbole, but you know what I mean) IP/domain list just to be sure :P

I added all ip addresses from the thread posted on my router. My WiiU is 5.2.0, still online but can't connect to nintendo servers, but has browser and vWii internet access just fine.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's only a simple freeze, nothing more. You don't get any code dumps or exceptions, no error log at all. And the second point is that I have never said your purpose for hacking the Wii U is piracy.

i cant believe ive been mean to a kid. based on this though it is pretty cool how kelton can do stuff.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im just saying, this dude has just been reporting every little error that are just common things to the Wii U browser

Who the freak cares? At least he's putting for his efforts into finding an exploitable bug. All you've done is bellyache about how seemingly insignificant doing so is. Please, spare us your commentary. I would love to see you do the same in finding one :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end