Hardware Wii U GameCube Adapter is Only Usable for Super Smash Bros.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
That question was for the Hori Wii U GameCube controller.

I'm definitely getting the NGC adapter but also want to get either the PDP or the Hori.

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hard to say, I'd guess somewhere in the 15-20% range.
That's a better guess than 2%.
You have to remember a bulk of Wii sales came from people who just bought it for Wii Sports and Wii Fit.
Good point.

So of the people who were going to buy games ..... the hack percentage is much higher.

So ... for the Wii U .... the only people who are buying it are the hardcore fans. The hardcore fans are games buyers ... so if the Wii U is hacked .... the hack percentage will be 20-30-40% ! :)

deshayzilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That question was for the Hori Wii U GameCube controller.

I'm definitely getting the NGC adapter but also want to get either the PDP or the Hori.

Yeah it doesn't look like the Hori ones have Analog L and R buttons. I think the PDP may actually have the L and R buttons mismatched with the ZL ZR buttons. The ZL and ZR look like the analog buttons instead of the L and R ones.

deshayzilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a better guess than 2%.

Good point.

So of the people who were going to buy games ..... the hack percentage is much higher.

So ... for the Wii U .... the only people who are buying it are the hardcore fans. The hardcore fans are games buyers ... so if the Wii U is hacked .... the hack percentage will be 20-30-40% ! :)

Wii U's % might be even higher if we're just talking about vWii being hacked. I don't think a hacked vWii would actually hurt Wii U system sales and game sales.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Yeah it doesn't look like the Hori ones have Analog L and R buttons. I think the PDP may actually have the L and R buttons mismatched with the ZL ZR buttons. The ZL and ZR look like the analog buttons instead of the L and R ones.

That's what I was concerned, I dislike digital triggers because of its imprecision so I think PDP's what I'll go with.

I wish we'd get SSB released on Nov 21 here too.

deshayzilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I was concerned, I dislike digital triggers because of its imprecision so I think PDP's what I'll go with.

I wish we'd get SSB released on Nov 21 here too.

Wouldn't it be great if these companies actually consulted their potential consumers?

Also these staggered release dates are just stupid.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
61l4RIdXvUL._SX300_.jpg

Wii U beaten by 3DS. :P

Zilla @ Do they have analogue triggers too (by the looks of it it seems to be digital/clicky like the Wii U Pro Controller and GamePad)? I see that it's available on Amazon US for $24.99 but not on Amazon UK.
FL (fantasy life) is better than that too :P

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
FL (fantasy life) is better than that too :P
Never played it so I don't know if it is for me.

Btw, you previously said if I had something against glossy black and here's two more reasons: 1) fingerprints and 2) shiny glossy scratches (Black Matte is better than Black Glossy).

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
keep a mico fiber cloth nearby wipe when finished :P
A cloth solves the problem for the fingerprints but not for the scratches, and while glossy controllers can be put on a silicone case you certainly don't want to do that to a console (it'd literally be like putting a condom on a console).

Anyway, so excited for SSB4 w/NGC adapter but as for the PDP controller.. still need to know if it has actual analogue triggers.

Silentsurvivor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lots of positive sentiment was built up from the initial report of the Gamecube controller initially being compatible with most Wii and Wii U games.

Would never happen either way due to the GC not having select and home buttons, and only 3 triggers. Did you really want to press Z+L for ZL and Z+Start for Select?

At least, this thing is USB HID most likely since it's what the WiiU takes on those ports as far as controllers goes, and it has a strong chance of being compatible with Nintendon't. That'll make the WiiU the ultimate Nintendo console.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Would never happen either way due to the GC not having select and home buttons, and only 3 triggers. Did you really want to press Z+L for ZL and Z+Start for Select?

At least, this thing is USB HID most likely since it's what the WiiU takes on those ports as far as controllers goes, and it has a strong chance of being compatible with Nintendon't. That'll make the WiiU the ultimate Nintendo console.

NGC has two triggers and one shoulder button, although it should've had two shoulder buttons just another example of Nintendo not doing a proper job.

deshayzilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I understand that all games wont be able to fully support the gamecube controller as a classic controller. However I cannot remember a game where I actually used the ZL button. As for not having a home button, everyone will still have a wii controller to use for the home button. I think Nintendo needs to give us the option of using the GameCube controller or not, they cannot say "Oh it might not work 100% for some games, so no support for you!". It would work just fine for games like Mario Kart 8 and Mario 3D World.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
A cloth solves the problem for the fingerprints but not for the scratches, and while glossy controllers can be put on a silicone case you certainly don't want to do that to a console (it'd literally be like putting a condom on a console).

Anyway, so excited for SSB4 w/NGC adapter but as for the PDP controller.. still need to know if it has actual analogue triggers.
wear gloves while playing? :lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You could probably run duals in this Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE V2 AMD Ryzen 5000 ATX Motherboard...