wii u game pad feels ....cheap?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by fenix4o9, Nov 30, 2012.

Nov 30, 2012

fenix4o9 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    this has been bothering me alot and i wanted to see if im the only one with this issue. when i hold the game pad and i squeeze with my left hand i feel ALOT of movemen between my palm it feels like someone took it apart and forgot a screw... also speaking of screws has any one else had a screw cover sticker fall off? im very let down big N !

let me know if i have bad luck or if you guys have the same build quality as me.. thanks

sent from cheap wii u pad. ..white

DiscostewSM New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    You might just be unlucky, as this Drop Test seems to demonstrate otherwise of their build quality.

Hasney likes this.

fenix4o9 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    hmm i never dropped mine or anything and we cant buy replacements yet .. its the little things that drive me crazzy... u have a black or white discostew?

DiscostewSM New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I've got a white one, and it feels sturdy to me.

Hasney New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Got a black one. Can't even slightly feel what you're feeling.

Might be unlucky and got a manufacturing defect. Take it back or call Nintendo.

d.d.d. New Member

Message Count:
    Japan
    I have to wait until 12/8 to get mine but I'm also kinda expecting something wrong with it. I've had back luck with the last two launches, GC & Wii - both defective out of the box. Thanks made in China. :(
    • Newcomer

Jaxon New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I've had my WiiU for a week now. Everything was fine until today, when I dropped the gamepad from about 2 feet (while sitting down). Ever since, the buttons rattle when gently shaken or quickly moved. Upon researching the topic, I found the "rattle" was actually a common problem. Perhaps the problem you describe is further evidence of the gamepad not being assembled well? Or perhaps it's just a one-time fluke. As for the screw cover sticker, I'd put a drop of superglue on a sheet of paper, get a paperclip stretched out straight, dip the tip of the paperclip in the glue to get a slight miniscule drop on the end, and apply a nano drop or two on the edges of the sticker, then carefully reapply to cover the screw hole. Just a suggestion...

osaka35 Sleepy

Message Count:
    United States
    Mine has a rattle to it, but otherwise feels fine. Never dropped it or anything of the sort.

It's a little unsettling, but until it starts losing functionality, I'm fine with it.
    • Banned

Pattonfiend67 You're F'ng Out!

Message Count:
    United States
    that video was awesome and proves how sturdy the new gamepad really is! sorry about your bad luck. i would bring it back to the store where you purchased it from.