wii u game pad feels ....cheap?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by fenix4o9, Nov 30, 2012.

1. fenix4o9
    OP

fenix4o9 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 21, 2007
    United States
    this has been bothering me alot and i wanted to see if im the only one with this issue. when i hold the game pad and i squeeze with my left hand i feel ALOT of movemen between my palm it feels like someone took it apart and forgot a screw... also speaking of screws has any one else had a screw cover sticker fall off? im very let down big N !

let me know if i have bad luck or if you guys have the same build quality as me.. thanks

sent from cheap wii u pad. ..white

2. DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    Sacramento, California
    You might just be unlucky, as this Drop Test seems to demonstrate otherwise of their build quality.

Hasney likes this.
  3. fenix4o9
    OP

fenix4o9 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 21, 2007
    United States
    hmm i never dropped mine or anything and we cant buy replacements yet .. its the little things that drive me crazzy... u have a black or white discostew?

4. DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    Sacramento, California
    I've got a white one, and it feels sturdy to me.

5. Hasney

Hasney GBAtemp Regular

Nov 15, 2006
    Got a black one. Can't even slightly feel what you're feeling.

Might be unlucky and got a manufacturing defect. Take it back or call Nintendo.

6. d.d.d.

d.d.d. GBAtemp Fan

Jun 26, 2012
    Tokyo Metropolis
    I have to wait until 12/8 to get mine but I'm also kinda expecting something wrong with it. I've had back luck with the last two launches, GC & Wii - both defective out of the box. Thanks made in China. :(

7. Jaxon

Jaxon Member

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2013
    United States
    I've had my WiiU for a week now. Everything was fine until today, when I dropped the gamepad from about 2 feet (while sitting down). Ever since, the buttons rattle when gently shaken or quickly moved. Upon researching the topic, I found the "rattle" was actually a common problem. Perhaps the problem you describe is further evidence of the gamepad not being assembled well? Or perhaps it's just a one-time fluke. As for the screw cover sticker, I'd put a drop of superglue on a sheet of paper, get a paperclip stretched out straight, dip the tip of the paperclip in the glue to get a slight miniscule drop on the end, and apply a nano drop or two on the edges of the sticker, then carefully reapply to cover the screw hole. Just a suggestion...

8. osaka35

osaka35 Sleepy

Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    Mine has a rattle to it, but otherwise feels fine. Never dropped it or anything of the sort.

It's a little unsettling, but until it starts losing functionality, I'm fine with it.

9. Pattonfiend67

Pattonfiend67 You're F'ng Out!

Banned
    Oct 7, 2009
    United States
    that video was awesome and proves how sturdy the new gamepad really is! sorry about your bad luck. i would bring it back to the store where you purchased it from.