Hardware Wii U - Ebay $30.00 - Risky ?

DaftMink

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I file my complaint with eBay right now? When I hit the "Seller sent the wrong item" option, it gives me a form to return...
File a claim in PayPal, it will get auto escalated to a dispute once sent.
Then you'll be in the waiting game as PayPal will try (and then fail) to contact the seller to hear his side of the story.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Our investigation is complete and and we have recovered your funds. $30.00 USD has been credited to you. This is the maximum amount we were able to recover. Please allow up to 5 days for this adjustment to be posted.

We regret that you had this experience but hope that you are satisfied with this claim resolution.

Thank you,

Protection Services Department"

Thanks PayPal! :)

Zioshere

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ALERT: This was a scam, if your PayPal transaction went through please file a dispute with eBay.
Don't open one with PayPal unless you know what your doing, having both open will cause problems.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Was checking eBay and found this listing for multiple Wii U consoles $30 each.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181883272848

Thinking this was a typo I bought one thinking maybe I'd get lucky and the seller wouldn't cancel the order.
So what do you guys think of my chances of receiving anything ?.

78 already sold and the seller has 100% positive feedback.

Update: Sales are getting stopped at PayPal with a label saying Unclaimed.
Couple different explanations, but this just goes further to the point of buyer be aware

I also ordered this, signed up to this website to talk about it. I spoke to USPS and they say that "international letter" is anything under four pounds. My shipment is in transit at this moment. Call me hopeful that I didn't get ripped off but Wii u in the box is 3.6 pounds. I guess we will all see what our lucky surprise is.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I also ordered this, signed up to this website to talk about it. I spoke to USPS and they say that "international letter" is anything under four pounds. My shipment is in transit at this moment. Call me hopeful that I didn't get ripped off but Wii u in the box is 3.6 pounds. I guess we will all see what our lucky surprise is.
The Wii U that I got the other day that didn't come with a box or a gamepad was over 4 pounds (not from this deal btw). I don't see how a complete set can be less than that.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the. The tracking number I got from PayPal is delivering to New Jersey. I live in Cali. Uhh. Well then. Guess I won't even figure out what it would have been.

DaftMink

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the. The tracking number I got from PayPal is delivering to New Jersey. I live in Cali. Uhh. Well then. Guess I won't even figure out what it would have been.
Don't fret, I'll take a picture of what ever I get before refusing.
Also ugh, still on the waiting list for PayPal to settle this dispute.

D

Deleted-355425

Don't fret, I'll take a picture of what ever I get before refusing.
Also ugh, still on the waiting list for PayPal to settle this dispute.

just hope to god you don't get a box of pubic hair delivered.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
just hope to god you don't get a box of pubic hair delivered.
Who knows, it can have its uses. Need to take a DNA test to prove the kid's not yours? You have a get out of jail free card!

Need to leave a message to your neighbors to turn down their music? Just leave it at their doorstep.

Want to scam somebody for $30 on eBay? Now you have something to send!

vincentx77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, to all of you interested in an update about this saga, my package arrived today. It was delivered to Quarryville, PA at 1:10 pm.
https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConf...llpage&tLc=1&text28777=&tLabels=LS104880855CN

Unfortunately, I live in North Carolina. I have a friend who ordered one of these as well. He lives a couple of miles from where I do. His was delivered to some place in Houston, Tx.

I've started the process of getting a refund from eBay. I strongly suggest that everyone who has bought one of these things go ahead and do the same.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat