Hardware Wii U digital game content limit workaround?

socialbacon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well guys, I've run into the "Not all software could be displayed. Please delete any software you are not using" message. Ohhhhhh Nintendo... you suggest a 2TB harddrive, yet it cannot be filled. I hope they fix this on the Switch.
Aside from deleting games, have any workarounds been discovered for the content limit?
WiiUSlotLimit-2.jpg

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well guys, I've run into the "Not all software could be displayed. Please delete any software you are not using" message. Ohhhhhh Nintendo... you suggest a 2TB harddrive, yet it cannot be filled. I hope they fix this on the Switch.
Aside from deleting games, have any workarounds been discovered for the content limit?

The limit is 300 titles correct? How on Earth do people have 300 titles? Tons of virtual console games? If you need to delete titles VC titles would probably be a good place to start. You can use emulators on anything with a CPU these days. Perhaps there will be a solution to the title limit with a CFW. What I would like to see is alphabetized titles. Why the OFW can't sort by alphabet is beyond me. Nintendo being Nintendo I guess.

socialbacon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Put them in folders? Haven't gotten that far but if it's out of tiles then folders should fix it?

It has nothing to do with space as in tiles. There are more than enough empty tiles. It's more so a limit on the actual amount of titles Nintendo has limited per console.

The limit is 300 titles correct? How on Earth do people have 300 titles? Tons of virtual console games? If you need to delete titles VC titles would probably be a good place to start. You can use emulators on anything with a CPU these days. Perhaps there will be a solution to the title limit with a CFW. What I would like to see is alphabetized titles. Why the OFW can't sort by alphabet is beyond me. Nintendo being Nintendo I guess.

I support indie game developers and have a lot of eShop indie games, as well as a stack of digital copies of games. I prefer digital games, disks are a pain.

D

Deleted User

We don't need to increase game limit. We have emulators like retroarch so you don't need to keep those VC games.

You don't need to install every game out there, this isn't collect 'n brag battle. [C'mon, we have better things to do. Like exploiting Wii U even more (To that state to launch Linux?), searching for even better coldboot solution etc. ]

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We don't need to increase game limit. We have emulators like retroarch so you don't need to keep those VC games.

You don't need to install every game out there, this isn't collect 'n brag battle. [C'mon, we have better things to do. Like exploiting Wii U even more (To that state to launch Linux?), searching for even better coldboot solution etc. ]
The wii u can launch linux at boot, technically speaking

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

but its easyierfor people like my broher when he wants to play a game he shouldnt have to launch nother application

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

WiiUSlotLimit-2.jpg
could you sned a pucture of your home menu

Reactions: nWo

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm, come to think about it...

A little while ago when I purchased what might have been my 150th game (yeah yeah stuff it), the next time I turned my Wii U on there was a loading screen that had something technical (I don't know, I think it said reallocating something? ) it took a few minutes to finish then afterwards I didn't see anything different.

D

Deleted User

Hmm, come to think about it...

A little while ago when I purchased what might have been my 150th game (yeah yeah stuff it), the next time I turned my Wii U on there was a loading screen that had something technical (I don't know, I think it said reallocating something? ) it took a few minutes to finish then afterwards I didn't see anything different.
This is interesting. It might just been reallocating memory but it failed to hide it so it just appeared on-top Wii U menu boot screen(?)
[I might be blabbering nonsense but it might explain it]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: