Not open for further replies.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I see a console region setting. Does that mean if we can access this, we can bypass region locks before homebrew?
The console WE'LL be buying in a store will have a REAL system menu installed INSTEAD of this which probably WON'T have these options available. This is JUST for the lucky guys who's job it is to MAKE games.
CAPS LOCK IS FUN.

VampireLordAlucard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice pic. At the Wii U Experience event in Atlanta, one of my friends saw a game crash. They said after powering the system off/on, it booted straight into the game, no dev menu or anything. I also asked the Nintendo reps some questions about the home menu, and they told me their units didn't have any type of OS loaded yet.

Interesting to see some basic menu, and good job getting this picture!

3DSGuy

No longer in scene
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
23 system titles? I suppose we are going to see some built-in apps/games like we have with the 3DS. On the other hand, I'd expect nothing less from a Wii U.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Well I see Install from sd card?? Possiblities of homebrew and pirating? I got's ta' get me one of these hacked or not. Pre-Order gamestop available?
*Facepalm* Why oh WHY do people constantly assume that apps on the SD card means "OMG I CAN HOMEBREW AND PIRATE"? Apps on the SD card for the Wii U doesn't mean any more of a chance of pirating/homebrew than they do with SD card apps on the 3DS.

Edit: And to answer your question, yes, GameStop preorders are available. You have to put a minimum of $25 down if you're a power-up pro member, and $50 if you're not.

3DSGuy

No longer in scene
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I see Install from sd card?? Possiblities of homebrew and pirating? I got's ta' get me one of these hacked or not. Pre-Order gamestop available?
The 3DS dev menu allows installing to the SD card, and look where the Dev Menu has gotten us in terms of homebrew. -__-

Reactions: 1 person

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You realise that retail consoles won't ship with the dev menu, right? And even if they did, installing from SD card is most likely still subject to signature checks, which are unlikely to be bypassed?

Good, just making sure.

ColeGingeyRamey

Trophies
Website
easyfreebiez.com
XP
Country
United States
has anyone pre-ordered yet?
Nope. I'm still job hunting. :P I'll probably grab it sometime after launch (unless I cave in and decide I want it sooner, lol).

Lol I should Go pre-order looks fun considering I'm always competing for the 50 something inch tv for my wii. I should just get it hooked up to my 32" but I'm toooo lazy... B-)

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pre-ordered! 400$
Are you aware that with the confirmation number in that screenshot, and the assumption from a combination of your email address and username here that your name is Cole Ramey, someone could most likely call up gamestop and at the very least cancel your order, possibly change the shipping address? (I dunno how good gamestop's security measures are, but for sure, you don't want to put those two pieces of information [confirmation number & name] in the wrong hands)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2