Hardware Wii U controller & Manga?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you can. You can troll (annoy, infuriate) someone without noticing.

This conversation would go much smoother if you actually did that instead of doing what you're doing now.

Well I was making a joke but apparently here people can't go "Heh, that's my Guild!" and instead get massively butthurt over poking fun at them.

Reactions: 1 person

DonnyKD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you can. You can troll (annoy, infuriate) someone without noticing.

This conversation would go much smoother if you actually did that instead of doing what you're doing now.

Well I was making a joke but apparently here people can't go "Heh, that's my Guild!" and instead get massively butthurt over poking fun at them.

Yeah, there's a difference between telling a joke, and telling a joke that comes off offensive and not funny.

You're Family Guy: Post-Season 3 offensively unhilarious.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, there's a difference between telling a joke, and telling a joke that comes off offensive and not funny.

You're Family Guy: Post-Season 3 offensively unhilarious.

If you're really getting offended over calling manga owners to basically be fat neckbeards then you need to lighten up. It's not like I pissed on your ancestors' graves or called you any number of racial slurs.

Also, I don't watch Family Guy.

keran22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3p3m40.jpg

Reactions: 4 people

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. Wii u thread going off-topic without the same usually junk. :yay:

I think you should wait in see if the controller can go on the web on it own or see if it can store and view things before making a decision.
Unless you didn't mind being stuck in the house to read the manga.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
what the problem with users don't understanding jokes?
I found that funny, and in fact it's what I wanted to post myself :lol:

About reading manga, I don't think there will be an application dedicated to reading books (it would require you to buy them, and have a book store, with royalties to authors etc.).
But you will be able to browse any internet website displaying it.
You can create your own website with your own scans too if you want to read your own books (what a waste of time, just grab the real one :P)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem with Guild is he doesn't joke often and has an extremely dry wit. Its hard to tell he he's joking and when he's being serious >_>

Word from the wise, I would hardly take anything I say here seriously. It makes me a lot more likeable.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem with Guild is he doesn't joke often and has an extremely dry wit. Its hard to tell he he's joking and when he's being serious >_>

Word from the wise, I would hardly take anything I say here seriously. It makes me a lot more likeable.

The forum in general or just this section?

gundalf

Trophies
XP
Country
You we will be stuck from as far as you can be from the console (like around a normal house) since the console has the majority of the power.

Unless the controller have enough power to go on the internet itself with a decent browser or even some small room to hold data then I think it would do well with Manga on the go.

As far i can tell, the WiiU Gamepad does not have any logic/cpu by itself, just some controller chips to handle in-/output and the remote control function.

Anyway back on topic... Do I think ebooks on the tablet is possible? Yes. Do I think it's likely? No.

Nintendo wants to build up an App Ecosystem, so it is very likely.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Funy...I somehow thought I would read 3 pages of pro vs contra ebook functionality (or possibility of a "wiiware" that allows it), but it's mostly a debate on whether Guild is funny or not (btw: I think it was a good one :lol: ).

@[member='gundalf']: it's not that I don't believe you, but...what's your source on that?

I know the controller offers more possibilities that may interest "non-gamers". And I bet nobody would mind if the manual of the bought game could be read e-book style.

But ebook reader functionality isn't "just" a regular app. It certainly won't be something added by someone able to write an app for it, that's for sure*. Either nintendo adds it themselves (and considering the way you could flip through pictures before showing it on the real screen, adding PDF support should be a breeze) or it'll be some joint effort (kinda depends on amazon's view to it).
And I'm not sure on the latter. Sony and microsoft are known to dabble into different markets. Nintendo has always been about games. I don't know how well they'll pull it off, assuming they will even try (remember: the controller pad is single touch -> pinch zooming will be out of the question).

*I'm leaving hacks out of this. It's not hard to predict that if the thing gets hacked, a proper ebook reader will be for the wiiU what wiiMC is to the wii.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
remember: the controller pad is single touch -> pinch zooming will be out of the question
Most apps on smartphones that I've seen add a "double-tap zoom" for phones that didn't have multi-touch... that's the only way I was able to zoom on a browser with my last phone. Also, they could easily add some sort of zoom bar or something. It wouldn't be that hard to get around a lack of multitouch.

gundalf

Trophies
XP
Country
@[member='gundalf']: it's not that I don't believe you, but...what's your source on that?

I frankly don't have a source, but i remember that before the Tablet Controller was presented, there where rumors about Nintendo trying to get iOS devs to take a look at the WiiU and maybe do something for it.
In the end, at the E3 presentation Iwata did in fact announce a bunch apps for the WiiU, i think Youtube was one of these? Oh and yeah, Iwata said that Nintendo wants to dominate the living room, which means to get in direct competition with the iPad.

Anyway to stay on Topic, as long the WiiU handles HTML5 properly there will be the possibility for an web-app.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn