Gaming Wii U can't handle Project C.A.R.S - Devs await for the next Nintendo console

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
17062211699_eaa4f35af2_o_b_1430382445-656x369.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios has appeared to officially cancel plans for Project CARS on Wii U.

“The official line is that we’re awaiting an announcement from Nintendo on new hardware,” studio head Ian Bell told Nintendo Life. “As of now pCARS is simply too much for the Wii U.”

These comments seem to pretty much put an end to things. With Bell stating that the Wii U can’t handle Project CARS, I can’t see the racer being on the console at this point.

http://nintendoeverything.com/proje...r-the-wii-u-waiting-on-new-nintendo-hardware/

Finally some good news about the Wii U, by this I mean, we won't be seeing a mediocre port so better to just not release it at all. :)

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
zomg i've been laughing my guts out on the ign thread for over an hour (prob didn't help with me trolling too :P ). now time for bed :lol:
I wonder why Wii U gamers even give a shit about games like Devil's Third, Project C.A.R.S, Watch Dogs and so on, taking for example Watch Dogs was a pile of poo on the Wii U, same's going for DT and Project C.A.R S would've run like crap (although a really good game if you're into the whole simulator racing stuff).

Want a racing game on the Wii U that isn't Mario Kart or Sonic Kart? Most Wanted. The game looks and plays freaking awesome (minus some framerate slowdowns).

zlCfzTHhxE0LNlfZ33

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the transcript of the meeting held today at the studio:

Programmer 1: Uh oh, the Wii U version is having performance issues.
Programmer 2: It is? Should we tone down the physics and graphical detail a bit to get better performance?
Programmer 1: Yeah, that could work, let's ask the boss, say, Ian, what do you suggest we do? The Wii U port's having performance issues.
Ian Bell: Lol cancel the game, it's not worth dumbing the graphics down LMAO
Programmer 2: You sure that'd be wise, boss? I mean, people did crowdfund this through Kickstarter for the Wii U version.
Ian Bell: I know, but we have their money now, so they've no right to complain olololol *commence diabolical laughter while rubbing hands like a mad scientist*

Wii U fanboys are not happy about this at all. :lol:

Anyone who uses the word "fanboy" in their argument has no credibility to said argument :creep: :rofl2: I could just as easily use the term Sony or Microsoft Fanboy, but where would that get me?

Monado_III

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wonder why Wii U gamers even give a shit about games like Devil's Third, Project C.A.R.S, Watch Dogs and so on, taking for example Watch Dogs was a pile of poo on the Wii U, same's going for DT and Project C.A.R S would've run like crap (although a really good game if you're into the whole simulator racing stuff).

Want a racing game on the Wii U that isn't Mario Kart or Sonic Kart? Most Wanted. The game looks and plays freaking awesome (minus some framerate slowdowns).

zlCfzTHhxE0LNlfZ33
Playing that right now. It really is pretty good despite it coming from EA.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, remember, they tried cutting down on the game's overall look and performance to get it functional on the Wii U. Last I recall, they were having issues having an even somewhat passable FPS at 720p. Nobody can be surprised that they've finally just given up on it. And otherwise, people severely overestimate how much funding came from Wii U owners. Does anybody realize how few Wii U owners buy third party content, how few of them are aware of crowdfunding in general, and how many may have actually taken part in the Project CARS crowdfunding campaign? Yeah, I feel bad for the 100 or 200 people that tossed their money in expecting a Wii U version, but they ultimately make up only a small fraction of the total funding the game received, which is exactly why this isn't a bigger deal.

In the long run, this is the risk you take with crowdfunding anything. You risk not getting the product you paid for. It's one of the major risks of the system.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
They lied every step of the way to all Nintendo users.

Obviously if i had funded the game, i would without a doubt sue them... really, they always stated the game would be released.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, remember, they tried cutting down on the game's overall look and performance to get it functional on the Wii U. Last I recall, they were having issues having an even somewhat passable FPS at 720p. Nobody can be surprised that they've finally just given up on it. And otherwise, people severely overestimate how much funding came from Wii U owners. Does anybody realize how few Wii U owners buy third party content, how few of them are aware of crowdfunding in general, and how many may have actually taken part in the Project CARS crowdfunding campaign? Yeah, I feel bad for the 100 or 200 people that tossed their money in expecting a Wii U version, but they ultimately make up only a small fraction of the total funding the game received, which is exactly why this isn't a bigger deal.

In the long run, this is the risk you take with crowdfunding anything. You risk not getting the product you paid for. It's one of the major risks of the system.

Hate to say it, but they never should have even bothered trying to port it over if it was just going to go to shit anyways. Sorry, but that's my opinion, and I'm a Wii U owner, and yet, it doesn't pain me to say that. SMS never should have had crowdfunding, now that Wii U owners are fucked out of their donations, are they not?

They never should have even bothered, that way, no one would be let down.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So, erm...how long is this game been in development? I'm not sure anymore, but it could have been one of those "these games will come to the wiiu soon" announcements when the wiiu (and its stupid name) was first revealed.

They were certainly aiming for "next gen", alright. :tpi:

I normally don't mind waiting a bit longer for a more polished game (*looks at GTA V*), but I've got a sneaking suspicion they're more likely going to do a EA mass effect on them ("you can get this semi-crippled game for your next-next-gen nintendo console for full price, or you can get the GOTY edition on PC in a humble bundle...and if you choose the latter we'll never develop for ninty again! :D ").

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling.