Hardware Wii U Audio and PC Monitor

Gestalt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello!

I am planning on picking up a Wii U soon, but I'm trying to work out how to solve the audio issues I will no doubt encounter.

I plan to use the Wii U with my PC monitor, via HDMI. The monitor does not have a USB port or Speakers, so I won't be able to get audio from it, as I've understood. I believe I have two options?

I could use a 3.5 Audio Jack with the gamepad to get Audio via headset
Or I could use Red and White component cables + HDMI and a daisychain to get audio out.

Are these correct? Any suggestions on which is better, or alternatives? I would like to use a USB headset if possible, over a 3.5Jack one, as I do not really want to buy a new headset for this Console.

Thank you for any help!

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I could use a 3.5 Audio Jack with the gamepad to get Audio via headset
Correct, however depending on the game the full game audio may not play through the GamePad.
Or I could use Red and White component cables + HDMI and a daisychain to get audio out.
Also correct and this will give you the same audio that would otherwise play through HDMI.

You can't use your USB headset with the Wii U. I don't think there's any easy way around this.

chevowner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I had my WiiU connected to my PC last month for a short time. I had connected it to one of the monitors with an HDMI cable, and used the composite cable from a Wii with an adapter to connect that to the line in on the PC. Just change a setting in the audio options to output to both audio outputs.

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
IIRC you can actually select the audio output on the WiiU.
Meaning that you can output video from HDMI and audio from composite/component.
No need to get anything else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu