Hacking Wii U, any news about EmuNAND?

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As the title says, is there any news about an incoming EmuNAND?
My console is fully updated now, sadly, so I don't follow much Wii U hacking progress.
But if there is a EmuNAND, I may consider about stopping the update and hacking it with futures exploit :)

cacildo

Went and came back
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
Im totally out of the wiiu hacking scene...

And theres a few years since ive followed the Wii scene. So i forgot what a NAND is (i have a vague idea but its probably wrong)

What i really want to ask is: how far are we from a real "homebrew channel" on wiiu?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im totally out of the wiiu hacking scene...

And theres a few years since ive followed the Wii scene. So i forgot what a NAND is (i have a vague idea but its probably wrong)

What i really want to ask is: how far are we from a real "homebrew channel" on wiiu?
NAND is any non-volitile memory, so think "Solid State Drive", but much smaller in this case

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
As the title says, is there any news about an incoming EmuNAND?
My console is fully updated now, sadly, so I don't follow much Wii U hacking progress.
But if there is a EmuNAND, I may consider about stopping the update and hacking it with futures exploit :)

Well, for starters, there is a Kernel Exploit since August/September if i recall, since your console is in 5.5.0 you can't do something with your console, since the limit up for the K.Exploit was with 5.3.2, the coolest shit we have now is Loadiine, a backup loader for the Wii U, pretty self describing, but if you ask about news related to homebrew, emulators and such, well, we have almost to nothing, only the two most basic things are developed right now, maybe in a future we will see ports for emulators and new homebrews.

EmuNAND is not the kind of term you would apply for the Wii U (at least now), hell, for the Wii was almost to not necessary, the Wii Emunand was mostly used to install wads without risking the safety of your console, otherwise, you could do the rest of the normal shit in Homebrew Channel with the main Sysnand, for now, the only vulnerability found and exploited was a fairly recent Web Browser exploit, which allowed foot to a basic Kernel Exploit, and then a Backup Loader, but as again, the Wii U scene is still new, improvements will be made at the right moment, at the right time.

cacildo

Went and came back
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
Way to try and hi-jack a thread. There are stickies in this section to answer this question.
(Sorry. I really thought maybe both were related, and i didnt found this question answered in the stickies (i didnt checked all of em)

Please ignore my post)

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I may not know too awful much of software, but I understand hardware. Hence the reason I do the NAND mods for the 3DS. Now if we can find a viable way to do the same for the Wii U. A handful of us who know our stuff have bricked a few in the name of science.
So true, with EmuNAND, you can experiment new homebrew on wii u without the risk to brick it, and maybe forever.
EmuNAND for Wii U is extremely urgent, and must be a high priority for hacke... hum hum... modders...:ph34r:

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EmuNand? Screw emunand. Nintendo's ability to ban consoles is laughable. Add that to the fact that once IOSU accepts something there really isn't much they can do about it. Any sort of "emunand" ability shouldn't be released that is for devs to be able to do trial and error without damaging their console. Once Iosu accepts a channel/program you are all good. Even if they patch something you still have it under control and can circumvent that patch.
@ anyone actually working on something: I gave you what you need for access, what you do with it is your business.

srbeen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
EmuNand? Screw emunand. Nintendo's ability to ban consoles is laughable. Add that to the fact that once IOSU accepts something there really isn't much they can do about it. Any sort of "emunand" ability shouldn't be released that is for devs to be able to do trial and error without damaging their console. Once Iosu accepts a channel/program you are all good. Even if they patch something you still have it under control and can circumvent that patch.
@ anyone actually working on something: I gave you what you need for access, what you do with it is your business.

Wouldn't emuNAND help with keeping up with development SDK so you can play new games made on new SDK & online? or does nintendo not do that/the update wup spoof will do?

Last edited by srbeen,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah! Screw getting someones console fucked because they didn't follow instructions properly, or there was really a bug in dev's releases! Yeah!
Exactly!!! Survival of the fittest. Two things would be learned, 1: Don't do that it bricks your console. 2: Follow the freaking directions.
Wouldn't emuNAND help with keeping up with development SDK so you can play new games made on new SDK & online? or does nintendo not do that/the update wup spoof will do?
What? Why would you need to spoof anything? And you would be playing on the latest firmware so there would be no worries with latest SDK.
The controller (IOSU) has the ability to be lightly patched and that's it. Many parts cannot be repaired or it will break IOS and probably the console completely. Which is the exact reason the IOS is being heavily documented. A complete knowledge of IOS will allow circumventing of patches that can be made to IOS that would block unsigned channels. Nintendo hasn't even made a console that security wise is up to par with xb360.
The thought was if we can't patch things then nobody else can either. But a patch isn't needed to get control. IOS is dumb and once you control it does whatever you tell it to. It was that way with GC, wii, and now U as well. Honestly, the fact the spoofer has been out a bit (thanks to Crediar)
and Nintendo has yet to show any concern for it. It may be they are done playing. And have realized they are ultimately going to lose this battle.
I'll give it two more weeks to see an update to the wii u before I call it as them waving the white flag.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
So basically all us on 5.5.0 lack right now is an entrypoint to take over the kernel? (Since the browser one was fixed) Is there any hopes for exploiting the YouTube channel like the 3DS did? My girlfriend uses it a lot, but if I could get us free games to play instead, she would forgive me.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Forget about him, everyone knows how EmuNAND are important for young programmer who want to test their homebrew and for those who want to mod their console
If you want to mod your console with EmuNAND, you can download almost any Homebrew without risking to screw your console.
I think Fatal_Error is just trolling us

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, Fatal's just a troll. His posts can be funny in a retarded kind of way, but that's about it. Just ignore that clown.

IDK i feel like he knows too much to be a troll.

I'm hoping for USB support, SD cards are lame, overpriced and my slot is fucked.

I really want to look into this round of homebrew development.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1