Status
Not open for further replies.

nasawqq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I did a nand backup just before I did the wii u transfer. I did the restore everthing seemed fine and back to that state before the transfer, so i went to the wii shop channel to see if my points were there.I had 300 point before but when i went to the shop it was 0! Also the download history was 0 no puchases.So then i went to check my save games and all seemed to be there execpt the games i downloaded from the wii shop such as onlsought and pop up pirate there save files were gone, not there. Any one know what happened?

nasawqq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
someone plaese help, doing a nand restore should have reverted a wii state back to that point so nothing should have been lost like saves,miis,message baord messages.But why were the onlsought and the other wii shop puchased game saves missing?Was as anything else missing?What happened.

nasawqq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Any explaination please, aftar nand restore everthing should have been there, why was the onlought (wii shop puchased) saves missing. Did anything else get deleted what happened.Any one have info on this. help

bezem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After you restore your NAND you CANNOT go back to the shop. Restore your NAND again, and this time stay out of shop.

nasawqq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
what happened now that i went to the shop?What did i lose, did it just delete the wii shop downloaded game's saves or other saves as well.By going to wii shop what did i lose.

bezem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you do a NAND restore following a System transfer, the System reverts to its pre-transfer status SO LONG AS you do not enter the shop. I'm not sure about other internet-connected channels or if the Nintendo WiFI Connection does the same, but once you enter the shop it resets your Wii Shop Account to what it should be on the Wii - empty. Your save games I have no idea.

loco365

Trophies
XP
The reason why everything was deleted was because that system no longer has the rights to the licenses of the software on the Wii, rather, the Wii U has them. If you access the shop, it checks them, and if they don't match, it nukes the data and save data of any offending games. Restore your NAND once again, and perhaps uninstall the Wii Shop channel, just to prevent that from happening again.

Reactions: Yepi69 and bezem

nasawqq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So did it only delete my wii shop downloaded games saves?I can't do a nand restore agian as i have played other games and progressed on and if i do a nand restore i will lose that progress.Did it delete other game saves that are unrelated to wii shop games.What do i do now, if it changed my licence what data was lost just wii shop game saves or any other data.
Is my wii now identical to my pretransfer wii except of the wii shop account and wii shop downloaded game saves. I won't mind if thats the case as i have those saves on the wii u and the account.

bezem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like all of these questions have already been answered in this very thread, and if you're still confused you probably shouldn't be messing with your Wii in the first place.

nasawqq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Help please.By going to the wii shop it reset my account on the wii, are some saves linked to the account so any linked account saves will be gone? Or did the wii shop selectivly deleted all saves of the wii shop downloaded games and nothing else. Is my wii now identical to pre transfer wii except that im missing save files for only puchased wii shop games and my wii shop account is reset. Having the account reset what differnce and impact has been made to my wii.Please help.

bezem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's impossible to help the helpless; again, this has been answered already in this very thread. If you can't understand the answer you shouldn't be asking the question.

I will try ONE last time; between my answer, Team Fail's answer, and all the info freely available on the internet, you should understand this by now. The shop reset your Wii to exactly as it was upon completion of the Wii to Wii U transfer. If following the transfer you did your NAND restore, then following that you progressed further in games, you have lost that progress because you foolishly entered the shop and the Shop Channel deleted unauthorized content. Restore your NAND again and STAY OUT OF THE SHOP!

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
OK, by doing the system transfer you transfer what's installed AND what you have available in the Shop Channel to your Wii U. If you want those 300 points you should still be able to go into the shop channel from in vWii mode on your Wii U and use them there so they're not lost.

If you lost anything by going into the shop channel from your Wii, resoring the NAND backup again would be your best bet.

Restoring the NAND backup will get your WII back to the same state it was before the transfer but it won't get the shop channel servers back since you can't touch those. If you want to get new stuff buy with those 300 points from the Wii U back on your Wii (or things you had purchased but hadn't downloaded ... or just had deleted hoping to be able to re-download later) your best bet is just to pack them into a WAD with Yet Another Blue Dump Mod from your Wii U and re-install them on the Wii.

nasawqq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's impossible to help the helpless; again, this has been answered already in this very thread. If you can't understand the answer you shouldn't be asking the question.

I will try ONE last time; between my answer, Team Fail's answer, and all the info freely available on the internet, you should understand this by now. The shop reset your Wii to exactly as it was upon completion of the Wii to Wii U transfer. If following the transfer you did your NAND restore, then following that you progressed further in games, you have lost that progress because you foolishly entered the shop and the Shop Channel deleted unauthorized content. Restore your NAND again and STAY OUT OF THE SHOP!

Going to the wii shop did not delete all my saves or revert me to aftar transfer wii, for e.g i still have super smash bros save even though that got transfered, and miis, going to the wii shop did not revert my wii back to the empty transfered wii. I know it deleted the shop account which i don't care as its on the wii u, but what i noticed is my onslought, pop up pirate saves are missing.Why is this the case, did the wii shop only delete the wiiware wii shop downloaed game saves as well or are some saves linked to the shop account so when that got deleted so did the saves.

All data was not gone from my wii , it is not like aftar transfer wii state because i have the saves that got transfered so saying that the wii shop reverted me to that state is wrong.
What i want to know, is by it reseting my account data what was lost.

Did it 1.Delete all wii shop game saves,and my shop account which will not affect anything else. 2.Are some saves linked to account data, by the account bieng reset all saves linked to the account got reset also.

technical info on what the wii shop did will help.

nasawqq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
does anyone know what the wii shop does? Because i know my wii shop account is not there but why are the onlsoght and other wii shop downloaded games saves gone. Everthing else is there, help me, who knows what happened.If i go to playstats will my time played be there?the wii message boards messages are there.
What does the wii shop do excatly and technicly, it seems like only the puchased wii shop saves have been delleted.
It did not revert me to the tranfer state as most transfered saves are there.
I want to know by going to the wii shop what it did and what effects on my wii.
Is my wii now identical to my pretransfer wii (saves miis message board messges settings ext) except that my wii shop account is reset and the save data for wii shop games is gone.What exactly did the wii shop do.

nasawqq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
By going to the wii shop what does it delete and what did it do excatly.aftar i restored my wii from my nand backup, its identical to pretransfer wii including saves stats messages everthing right?By going to the wii shop what exactly did it do to my wii what changes, is my wii still my wii?I thought that it just deleted wii shop game's save and the shop account.Please can someone tell what chages the shop has done to my wii excatly what it deleted. Is my wii still my wii if i go to playstats will the time played still be there?
(it did not ''revert'' me to transfered state as i have transfered saves still on the wii).

nasawqq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i did a nand backup before i did the transfer, then i did the transfer, and then i restored my nand.At this stage my wii is identical to my wii before transfer right?Then i lounched the wii shop, which deleted my licenes so my shop account is reset on my wii. I also noticed that onlought and pop up pirate saves are missing.but i still have my wii board messages and miis even though they got transfered.
Is my wii still my wii?What exactly did the wii shop delete and change? Will my playstats still be there? Technical details on what it did will help.

Also if you know can you explain where the saves are located in a nand dump, and can you explain what folders mean and cantain.
When i did the wii u transfer i did it with a wii u account which i since deleted.Is my wii shop still there on my wii u, is it account linked or in the console.
So if i lounch the wii mode with another wii u nontendo account will the shop still be there.

bezem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
technical info on what the wii shop did will help.
You mean like the technical info provided in this thread?

I don't know why I'm still trying; I must be a glutton for punishment. Once you do the NAND restore you will only be able to use software that was present on the Wii Memory at the time of NAND Backup; you will also only be able to use software on an SD Card that had been downloaded to the SD Card PRIOR to the NAND Backup and transfer. Anything that was not saved to Wii Memory or previously transferred to an SD Card when you completed your NAND restore CANNOT be re-downloaded from the shop, as the Wii Shop Channel Account is now on your Wii U and your Wii IS NOT LICENSED to download/run anything you previously purchased. Logging back in to the Wii Shop Channel caused your Wii to re-check its licensing and update appropriately, disabling the restored software. Your Save Files are now on the Wii U. Do the NAND restore AGAIN and this time DO NOT enter the shop. Anything still missing and NOT ON YOUR WII U was lost due to you opening the Shop Channel. GET IT?

nasawqq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As in tech detail i meant what excact files it deleted. My wii is fucked now, played over afatar luanching wii shop don't know if my wii is my wii. I f i restore nand i will lose that progress.I wish i could go back in time. Depressed now. What files did it delete or reset exactly

bezem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now we're getting somewhere ;p No clue what was deleted without having my hands on your Wii before and after the transfer; can only assume any games that were on your Wii System Menu and their corresponding saves. I think you can save your existing Save Games to an SD Card prior to doing the NAND restore again, then copy them back over. May need to use homebrew to do that if so; forget the name of the program.

nasawqq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The thing is is i have 181 saves and my playstats are there even for onlsought, also the wii message board messages.I have checked my nand dump but in the 001000 theres 148 folders. Can you give me a link to download the nand gamesave extracter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn