Italy
[Wii] Tales of Monkey Island Chapter 1 [First look]

moogle.gif

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This game runs like absolute ass. Sluggish controls and the frame rate is terrible.

Looks like they just took the PC version and ported it over with little to no optimization for the Wii.

It's a shame because I was really looking forward to it. I played all the original MI games on my PC when they first came out. I only played it for a few minutes, so I'll have to give it some more time to see if it improves but it doesn't look good.

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Retrievil said:
This game runs like absolute ass. Sluggish controls and the frame rate is terrible.

Looks like they just took the PC version and ported it over with little to no optimization for the Wii.

I get the same thing. At first I thought it was because I was playing the NTSC version on a PAL Wii (converted via FreeTheWads) but it looks like they've done as you've said.

At least the PC version had allowed you to decrease the gfx resolutions to speed it up on slower spec machines.

grentuu

Trophies
XP
Country
I am about to get it. Are you both playing it with softmod? Could the read speed be the issue.

If so would a hard mod play it better?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
grentuu said:
I am about to get it. Are you both playing it with softmod? Could the read speed be the issue.

If so would a hard mod play it better?
Its a WiiWare release not disc.

I know someone who bought it and she says its buggy.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I was going to get this for the Wii as I thought it'd be more enjoyable to play on that system. Reading some comments about the Wii port makes me want to get the PC version now...
frown.gif

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Edhel said:
I was going to get this for the Wii as I thought it'd be more enjoyable to play on that system. Reading some comments about the Wii port makes me want to get the PC version now...
frown.gif

it's still playable and ir runs pretty fast most of the time. only time it really went slow is when you enter the jungle and the map appears.

it does run sluggish i thought at 1st it was cos i converted the wad from ntsc to pal but guess not. oh well i finished it in 5 hours anyway. it also froze twice on me when you walk into the jungle entrance from the dock.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?