Hacking WII Sport Resort

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got everything working perfectly with CIOS rev 9 and USB Loader GX.

1) Change the game settings to "Anti" and Alternate DOL.
2) Don't forget to select the alternate DOL on disk. You DON'T need to extract anything once the game is on the hard drive.
3) Run it. Sit through the excruciating 3 minute demonstration on how to use a Wii controller. Click on whatever menu options they present. Your will will restart.
4) Run the loader and turn off the Alternate DOL option for this game.

That's it.

nqd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried and still doesn't work. Btw, I use CIOS rev 10 with USB GX r600. I used a compressed NTSC Wii sport resort version though. Would that cause the problem?

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it took me a while to get mine to work because there is no wii scrubber for mac. selecting alt dol from disc didn't work either. i finally got wii scrubber running through crossover, got the file and did the alt dol.

but anyway, i have a question/suggestion that would specially help mac users without wii scrubber. can we install the wii sports save file without booting the game? and will that bypass the video and therefore not need the alt dol nor the need to extract the alt dol? seems like it would be a lot easier to just share a save file instead of going though so many trials and errors... if it in fact works that way

rleow1112

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
jarock said:
With the newer builds of GX you don't need to extract the dol you can select dol from disc. Set alt dol to on and use Auto dol from disc in next option. It will boot fine. Then when your save file is created you can turn off alt dol support again. Pointless though if you have no motion+ as it's needed to play this game.

I have R600 for GX....Isn't that the latest ?

pboga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys!

I'm having an odd problem, but can find anything that can solve this.

I've made everything to get it working: Extracted the dol, run with alt dol, watched the instructional video, switched off the alt dol, and played the game just fine.

But, after a couple of times, the game now just dont work. Everytime, it just crashes and go back to the wii menu.
Tryed with Usb loader GX, Coverflow... Cios rev9, rev13a... already deleted it from the hdd, put it again... and nothing.. no luck at all.

The strange thing is that i managed to play it for a coulpe of times, and now it just dont play...

Anyone know what could be happening?

My wii is on 4.0U, playing the WSR NTSC

rleow1112

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
cocomonk22 said:
r654 is the latest as of 5 minutes ago.

Before your mail...I tried to download the R628 and trying to install, but getting error as 2011.
I am using IOS 249 rev 10....

Any idea what's wrong ?

FunkyFlyChicken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have system firmware 3.2U, softmodded Wii. Trying to run Wii Sports Resort using USB Loader GX r600.
Also using cIOS rev14

Followed directions as explained at the start of this thread, but it always locks up at black screen.

I extracted the player.DOL file and renamed to RZTE01.dol, and have also tried other settings. Always same thing (unless I turn ALT DOL off, then it just keeps resetting back to Wii System Menu without showing any videos).

I have tried forcing Video modes, VidPatch on and off, IOS reloading on and off, nothing seems to change it. Always locks up at black screen (Except for as described above, if I turn ALT DOL off it just reboots the Wii).

Any ideas of what I could try next?

justjack

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Try other revision of GX. I updated to cios rev 14 and then tried to do the alt dol method with some revisions and I couldn't get it to work, until I used r647. So try r647 with anti 002 and dol load from SD, thats all I changed in the settings and it worked, at least for me.

btw I'm on 4.1u

FunkyFlyChicken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AH, Thank you justjack! That worked, using r647. I could only find a .dol for it, so ran it from Homebrew channel. It ran the video fine (lots of audio glitching like others have mentioned), and once it had done that, I was able to return to my installed channel version (r633) of USB Loader GX, and turnred ALT DOL off and I'm in the game and running great!

Anyone know by chance where I can find a wad installation for r647? Full Channel (not forwarder)?

Not a huge deal, but seems like the Update feature on USB Loader GX will only update to 633c, and it says no more updates.

wiimanizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
slightly off-topic, but i was wondering...when i loaded my game from neogamma, i came across 5 blue screens mentioning something about the Miis and when i got to the 5th one, i'm kinda stuck there and dunno what the 2 options are. does anybody know what those 2 options are and if there are other blue screens after it?

hippyman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arg! Urge to kill, rising!
hate2.gif

Ive done it all, upgraded to 4.1E, installed the new Cios Rev 14. Ripped the alt dol file, put it in my neogamma folder (on the root of the SD). Select 002 fix, alt dol & try to launch from DVD.

Nothing but a black screen!

Tried Cios Rev 13b, no dice. Tried other loaders, no dice.
wacko.gif

If ive read all the threads properly, the problem is that WSR forces you to watch a vid, then creates a save on the wii to say you've seen said vid. Is this correct?

If so is there anyway anyone can up the save file in question so maybe i can trick my wii into thinking ive viewed aid movie??

Anyone, Bueller?

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
have you tried the stickies

DDD13 said:
What can I do to put wii sports resort working in firmware 4.1?

1º Metode Solution by Hadrian

1. MAke a NeoGamma Folder in the root of SD card and put the RZTP.dol file inside it. Boot.dol needs to be there too
2. Load Neogamma R6 via Homebrew Channel and have the settings like this:

002 fix: ON
Alternative dol: SD

3. Then just launch the disc or USB. You'll see a stupid video with a bint with sexy hands for about 3 minutes. Video ends and then it restarts the Wii
4. Restart Neogamma and change the settings so the it doesn't run the alternative dol.

Works for me.

I can't give you the alt dol(I think its copyrighted), but googling RZTP.dol works.

Tested and Working very well ^^

-----------
2º Solution Written by HiBit

You can use a (USB)Loader with 002 fix and alt. DOL support.

1. Start the first introduction video with the alternate DOL(rip it with a tool like wiiscrubber) and watch it. You end in the Wii menu and the game itself doesn't work.
2. Switch off the alternate DOL function and run the game again, now you can play it.
Doesn't try to view the video again from the game, it work only with the alternate DOL function, the game only without it. wink.gif

^^ Tested on a PAL Wii with 4.0e and a PAL version of WSR.

---------------------

3º Solution Written by WiiPower

How to get Wii Sports Resort working(disc/sd/usb on softmods, will work for hardmodded Wiis too, but would be kind of pointless to do it this way on these):
1. Get NeoGamma:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=158884
2. Run NeoGamma from HBC
3. Select alternative .dol loading from disc
4. Start the game
5. Select the .dol that is NOT the main.dol
6. Watch all movies
7. The Wii will crash/reboot
8. Set NeoGamma back to no alternative .dol loading
9. Use your preferred method to play the game

If you get an error, freeze or reboot AFTER step 5, you may have the wrong cIOS and/or wrong settings. The game does not like it if you force the video mode. To solve cIOS "question", install rev13a:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=123307
(link is somehwere hidden inside)

PS: I do not have the game, so there might be an error in this guide

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hippyman said:
Arg! Urge to kill, rising!
hate2.gif

Ive done it all, upgraded to 4.1E, installed the new Cios Rev 14. Ripped the alt dol file, put it in my neogamma folder (on the root of the SD). Select 002 fix, alt dol & try to launch from DVD.

Nothing but a black screen!

Tried Cios Rev 13b, no dice. Tried other loaders, no dice.
wacko.gif

If ive read all the threads properly, the problem is that WSR forces you to watch a vid, then creates a save on the wii to say you've seen said vid. Is this correct?

If so is there anyway anyone can up the save file in question so maybe i can trick my wii into thinking ive viewed aid movie??

Anyone, Bueller?

there are save files online. just google a bit.

wiimanizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
works perfectly for me, both jap and english. only bug i get is that on 4.1 whenever i play a wiiware game after playing wsr, i get forced to watching the video again. is there a fix for this yet or no?

please answer my question too, if you can help me out:
QUOTE(wiimanizer @ Today @ 12:48 AM) said:
slightly off-topic, but i was wondering...when i loaded my game from neogamma, i came across 5 blue screens mentioning something about the Miis and when i got to the 5th one, i'm kinda stuck there and dunno what the 2 options are. does anybody know what those 2 options are and if there are other blue screens after it?
^^this quote is about the JAP WSR by the way^^

shamsham

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys-

So I am experiencing a little different issue, I think. It has to do with Wii Sports Resort as EVERY other title woks on my set-up/console.

Ok so first I keep getting 'Error #001, unauthorized device had been detected' (NOT ERROR#002, like everyone else. I got that way back but fixed it and if you need help, hit me up)

Next my system set-up is as follows:

I am on 3.3u. (I downed from 4.0u back when I softmod my console in May). I am on a softmod/twilighthack...NO CHIP

I am currently running NeoGamma Loader R4 iso249 Rev13(a). Recently upgraded from Wii Gator v3 iso36 rev7 (because I downloaded Ghostbusters and Indiana and was getting the Error #002 until I changed my Loader and Rev, which I assume is the same issue here....I just not sure which combination I need)

Did someone say NeoGamma R6 is out now? Does it work woth iso249 rev13(a)?

I play via DVD-r using IMGBurn at 4x, which has never been the issue, but wanted to cover all the bases. (I DO NOT WANT TO PLAY FROM USB OR ANY OTHER WAY...thanks for the suggestions though)

Any suggestions on how to fix? I would also appreciate any hxxp:// you could refer me to get the right software

Thank you!

wiimanizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiimanizer said:
works perfectly for me, both jap and english. only bug i get is that on 4.1 whenever i play a wiiware game after playing wsr, i get forced to watching the video again. is there a fix for this yet or no?

please answer my question too, if you can help me out:
QUOTE(wiimanizer @ Today @ 12:48 AM) said:
^^this quote is about the JAP WSR by the way^^

BigNastyCurve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hippyman said:
geedub said:

Yup tried all that no joy
frown.gif

Actually when they say

"1. MAke a NeoGamma Folder in the root of SD card and put the RZTP.dol file inside it. Boot.dol needs to be there too"

Does it mean the boot.dol for neogamma or the boot.dol from the game?

boot.dol of neogamma.

And you will need to name the file RZTE.dol because you're probably playing the US version of Wii Sports resort. And you'll need the dol file from the US version.

kedirakevo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Guys, i found a fix...... at least it works for me....

Install IOS55-64-v4633.wad throught WAD Manager v1.5

Im running 4.1USA, Cios Rev14, Neogamma R7, Preloader 0.29

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shame it wasn't Facebook that paused them
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Fucking lame. Thread viewed 1000 times and only one reply that doesnt even answer what I asked.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.
    I mean. All I ask was for people to see if ONE, SINGLE website is working properly in edge. 1000 people see it but cant be bothered at all
    Ready to just leave this place anyway. The amount of shit talking and bullying behavior that goes unchecked is crazy. No where else do I see this shit towards me and others. Not even on reddit have I been talked to like I have here by other members
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I did read the last sentence in your post by the way. Maybe try changing the privacy settings in your browser to standard if that works.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I've also heard that Chromium-based browsers will stop working with ad-blockers.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Please dont go we need you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I really learned not to give a fuck what others do online it's helped ease my mind try it sometime.
    @SylverReZ That reply to you was when we werent on good terms. lol. I tried everything. Changing privacy settings etc.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Fuck Chromium. Firefox 4evar.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    (Firefox 4 now, anyway. Let's see if they pull some crap too.)
    Netscape ftw
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: Netscape ftw