Misc Wii server questions

Chris313

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so I wanted to play online on wii again (for mh3 and mk) I knew there were custom servers like wiimmfi but I wanted to ask a few things.
What's better RiiConnect24 or Wiimmfi?
Are there mh3 servers now?I mainly want online for mh3 I heard about how hard it is and stuff is it now possible?
Setting them up required iso patching for both of something?
Thx in advance for help

Chris313

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so I just searched around a little and found that wiimmfi has support for all games(the ones that i wanted to have online)except mh3.

Riiconnect24 I still dont get it from what it is it looks like a service to restore all of the old features the wii had it that's what I got eg online mii features and stuff.

As I was searching around for private server for mh3 I stumbled across a server project by sufami.org sadly their main site is down and can no longer be accessed while they have another site called sufami.forumprofi.de it doesn't seem to say anything much about the project accept well discussions that date back to 2014 saying how they are almost done.
Is this project still alive or do I have to go with the expansion mod for mh3?

Last edited by Chris313,

Chris313

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mh3 is excluded from Wiimmfi, because it need some other (not Nintendo or Gamespy) servers.
Will it ever be included?I heard people from sufami.org almost finished the main stuff in 2014 ever since then sufami is inaccessible and their other forum sufami.profi.de is accessible but news is members only.

Plus no word of the project anywhere since then can't you use the ways of what the people at sufami namely ngevan2k did to achieve online functionality?just asking

Last edited by Chris313,

TWiiT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Will it ever be included?I heard people from sufami.org almost finished the main stuff in 2014 ever since then sufami is inaccessible and their other forum sufami.profi.de is accessible but news is members only.

Plus no word of the project anywhere since then can't you use the ways of what the people at sufami namely ngevan2k did to achieve online functionality?just asking
It could be, but not by the Wiimmfi team/RiiConnect24 team, as they work on Nintendo/Gamespy online server games, and RiiConnect24 focues on reviving the WiiConnect24 functionality (like the Weather Forecast and News Channel, with both (partly) working).

Reactions: Wiimm

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If someone else was working on it and never finished and their work is no longer available I wouldn't count on it. :/ People begged the studio for months to release the server source for MH3. :/

Reactions: Wiimm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i know this isn't the place but does/did anybody have the same issue as me?