Homebrew Wii Screen Recorder

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this question has been asked over and over and over and over. and again, no. its not gonna happen without you buying extra video recording hardware. while it is entirely possible to do from a software standpoint, there is not enough processor power to both play a game and dump 30 frames a second to the SD card or USB drive or whatever - let alone, capture the frames and convert them into an avi or any sort of video that you would be able to play a video player.

stop being cheap, go cut 5 or 6 lawns, and buy a video recording dongle for your computer

Triforce1025

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am not trying to be cheap I just wanted to know if it was possible to make. I am thinking about buying Pinnacle Dazzle or a better one

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the dazzle works pretty well. this is a video i made when i got mine to test it out.

its also got pretty decent V4L2 support, and it is working with VLC and all my other webcam/capture programs. theres about 1/2 - 3/4 second of lag when playing through it though, even when using a big e-peen computer. so you have to get used to hitting the buttons earlier to play through it. i used their proprietary software to capture the video, and as you can see, it looks sped up a bit. this happens to all the videos i make with their software.

Yoni Arousement

Trophies
Website
yonihq.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I too use the Dazzle Digital Video Creator 100 to record some of my videos. I got mine from Office Depot while it was available for $49.99. You could try using Virtual Dub as recording software, like I do. But make sure you disable the audio preview before recording (well, for me, the sound is too fast and high-pitched if I "Enable Audio Playback" while recording).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on