Gaming Wii Remotes can't sync in hacked Wii

Akira896

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So, I registered in these forums hoping for a solution of my mess...

I'm using a Wii with USB Loader GX. A problem I always had was that Kirby's Return to Dreamland would always just get a white screen after the first cutscene. I looked for a solution for this and in a page it said that I should install "d2X cIOS". I installed it in an empty IOS slot and configurated the game to load that IOS (252).

The game entered well, but the Wiimotes wouldn't even work. The console didn't detected them even if I resynced them. So, I turned off the console. Because it didn't work, I tried using another IOS (251, I don't even know what it was installed in there, just wanted to try). Same issue, except this time when I turned off the console and turned it on again, the Wiimotes wouldn't even sync there.

I used Priiloader to just load straight to USB Loader GX, because it was annoying to always select it from the Wii Menu. Is the problem related to not being in a Nintendo menu/a game? If so, how could I get it to boot to that without having a Wii Remote?

I'm kinda noob at this, so it's kinda difficult for me to understand what I did wrong. Sorry if I put this thread in where I shouldn't...I really don't want a bricked Wii...:blush:

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So, I registered in these forums hoping for a solution of my mess...

I'm using a Wii with USB Loader GX. A problem I always had was that Kirby's Return to Dreamland would always just get a white screen after the first cutscene. I looked for a solution for this and in a page it said that I should install "d2X cIOS". I installed it in an empty IOS slot and configurated the game to load that IOS (252).

The game entered well, but the Wiimotes wouldn't even work. The console didn't detected them even if I resynced them. So, I turned off the console. Because it didn't work, I tried using another IOS (251, I don't even know what it was installed in there, just wanted to try). Same issue, except this time when I turned off the console and turned it on again, the Wiimotes wouldn't even sync there.

I used Priiloader to just load straight to USB Loader GX, because it was annoying to always select it from the Wii Menu. Is the problem related to not being in a Nintendo menu/a game? If so, how could I get it to boot to that without having a Wii Remote?

I'm kinda noob at this, so it's kinda difficult for me to understand what I did wrong. Sorry if I put this thread in where I shouldn't...I really don't want a bricked Wii...:blush:
Hold reset when powering on the Wii and use the power/reset buttons to navigate to System Menu and boot it, then you should be able to sync your Wiimotes.

Reactions: Akira896

Akira896

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hold reset when powering on the Wii and use the power/reset buttons to navigate to System Menu and boot it, then you should be able to sync your Wiimotes.
I turned off the console and hold down the reset button but USB Loader will still open...
Thanks for answering so fast!:D

Akira896

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I turned off the console and hold down the reset button but USB Loader will still open...
Thanks for answering so fast!:D
Man am I stupid, I was holding down the EJECT button. I wanna kill myself lol.
Thank you so much for your help!!!!!!:lol:

Ashanti

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope you see this since you answered this in 2017, but I’m having the same issue but when I try to navigate with the power/reset button, all it does is go back to the main menu, or it turns of. Help please :)

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@ Ashanti

hold reset when powering on the Wii and use the power/reset buttons to navigate to System Menu and boot it, then you should be able to sync your Wiimotes.

Last edited by jeannotte,

Tanro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am having a similar issue with a modded wii, I need to use priiloader, however whenever I boot to priiloader, if I press reset nothing happens and If I press power it just turns off.

Anonymous69

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I also have a similar problem, I can boot into preloader but none of my wiimotes are connected and can’t connect. This means I basically have a bricked wii, can anyone help (Wii family edition). ☹️

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I also have a similar problem, I can boot into preloader but none of my wiimotes are connected and can’t connect. This means I basically have a bricked wii, can anyone help (Wii family edition). ☹️

Hello.:)

Which Version of the Priiloader did you have please ?
Can you still reach the "Safety & Health" Screen ?

Thank you.:)

Reactions: jeannotte

leseratte

Wiimmfi Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
cIOS have nothing to do with that. Homebrew just doesn't have the necessary code to sync new Wiimotes.

When you have a Wii that autoboots to Priiloader, either use a Gamecube Controller to exit it (if it's not a Family Edition), or hold down the RESET button for a LONG time (up to a minute, I believe) to make Priiloader boot into the System Menu.

Reactions: jeannotte

fallenangemon0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to Necro this but was hoping for more expansive answer as to why only select games I have installed will refuse to sync more than one Wii Remote at a time. All these remotes work just fine (and at the same time) in a few games...other games just detest more than one being synced.

About to attempt the above trick to boot into system menu (even though I boot directly into USB Loader GX anyways and just home menu out to it all the time...)

Specifically WiiWare titles I have installed give me the most trouble. All of them are running off of the neek2o setup.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can't say for sure, but if the wii remotes were not synced before making the neek2o nand, they won't be synced when you access it. sync all controllers you want, then build the nand. though, I'm pretty sure they will stay if you synced them to the neek2o nand afterwards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pump the chocolate into my veins