Hacking Wii Remote Syncing issue's - Need Help.

portugeek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use USBLoaderGX and I feel like I'm always having to resync controllers. Controllers that were synced last week, have to annoyingly be resynced upon startup. Once I get them all synced up, they'll eventually lose sync or even switch sync depending on which gaming environment I switch to.

I'll sync the controllers while in the System Menu. I'll load up USBLGX, and while it's loading up, all the controllers shut off. Once I'm on USBLGX's main menu, some of the controllers will restart on their own while others won't. The ones that don't, need the user to press any button to restart it. Sometimes the user-restarted controller will startup and already be synced, and other times it will just flash repeatedly until it's manually resynced.

I'll go into USBLGX's settings and export the sysconfig to emuNAND, in an attempt to avoid any further issues when playing emuNAND games, but it doesn't seem to fix anything. Because once I load an emuNAND game, some controllers lose sync. Or even weirder, some of the controllers will switch sync. So for example, controller 2 will become controller 4, or any combination really. Then when I exit back to USBLGX the controllers will switch back to their original sync number.

It's not even just an emuNAND thing either. It'll also happen when launching Nintendont. The whole thing is getting to be VERY ANNOYING. Once a week we'll have friends over for a gaming get-together, and we end up wasting the majority of our time trying to get controllers to sync properly. And the biggest problem is that once you finally get it all figured out, it screws up again. Either when you switch to a different game, or if you choose to exit out to a different Wii environment.

I'm really hoping to get a better idea of what's happening with this. Any help would be truly appreciated.

Last edited by portugeek,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you syncing them while the system menu is loaded or while GX is loaded? Try the former then copy SYSCONF after GX is running.

portugeek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Originally, when we first sit down, I sync them on the system menu. Then when I load USBLGX, the first thing I do is copy SYSCONF to emuNAND.

After that though.. if we continue to lose sync (which we inevitably do).. We'll just say screw it and sync them wherever we're at. Simply because we're tired of constantly messing it. And this is coming from a group of patient adult gamers.

Last edited by portugeek,

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you sync them using the red buttons or by pressing the home button, choosing sync controllers and then pressing buttons 1 and 2? If I remember correctly, the red buttons are a permanent sync whereas doing it from the home menu is only temporary. I think the reasoning behind this was so that you can go to your friend's house with your WiiMote, temporarily sync to their Wii and then go back home and still be synced to your Wii.

But anyway, try turning on your Wii and sync all you WiiMotes with the red button. Then load up USB Loader GX and import sysconfig to emunand. If that still doesn't work then while in your game use the red buttons to sync again.

If none of that works and you are still having problems, let me know and I will give you a few more ideas of things to try.

portugeek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try turning on your Wii and sync all you WiiMotes with the red button. Then load up USB Loader GX and import sysconfig to emunand. If that still doesn't work then while in your game use the red buttons to sync again.

If none of that works and you are still having problems, let me know and I will give you a few more ideas of things to try.
I've tried that before.. I still have issues. If I sync while in game the controllers will sync, but when I exit out the sync switches controller order number.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it happen when you play Wii games from USB? Does it happen when you play Wii games from disc? Or does it only happen when you play games off of your emunand?

Did you create your emunand yourself from a copy of your Wii's nand or did you get one from somewhere else like through ModMii? How many games do you have on your emunand and would it be too much of a hassle if you were to create a new one and re-add your games?

Once you answer those questions I can give you a few more things to try.

portugeek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it happen when you play Wii games from USB? Does it happen when you play Wii games from disc? Or does it only happen when you play games off of your emunand?
I access all Wii and GC games from USB drive. For emuNAND games, some are using Neek and others are using cIOS. I haven't really noticed a pattern from one environment to another. Nintendont seems to select player 1 based on which Wii remote turns on first. After that, the remaining Remotes sync to whichever order they choose. For example, the 2nd person to turn on their controller could have their remote sync to player 4.

All I know is that syncing issues happen in all environments. I'll try testing more, but I've been really busy lately.

Did you create your emunand yourself from a copy of your Wii's nand or did you get one from somewhere else like through ModMii?
It's a copy of my own Wii's Nand, pre-cIOS installation. I've been considering syncing all Wii remotes and then dumping my softmodded Nand and using that. I've also considered just deleting the sysconfig file in the emuNAND Shared folder and copying a fresh copy of the real one over. But I don't understand how that would be any different than what USBLGX is already doing. Is any sync information being stored in the Wii Remote itself? Or are there any other files in the emuNAND that are related to controller sync? I'd like to figure out why it's randomly changing player order.

How many games do you have on your emunand and would it be too much of a hassle if you were to create a new one and re-add your games?
Re-adding the games wouldn't be a hassle. But I direct all Game Saves to the emuNAND. I know I have options like keeping an ALT emuNAND for "Saves ONLY", or managing my saves with homebrew, but I'd like to not have to do all that.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You seem pretty knowledgeable about what you are doing so I don't know how much more help I can be. The only thing I can say is I had created a nand dump and then synced a wiimote to my Wii menu (real nand) and couldn't figure out why my Wiimote wouldn't work when I tried playing a WiiWare game in neek mode (emunand). I tried using USB Loader GX to dump sysconf to emunand thinking that's where my Wiimote info was stored but that didn't work (but it should have from what I understand). So I wound up just making sure all my Wiimotes were synced to my real nand and then redoing the emunand backup in USB Loader GX and everything started working fine all around. So that is my only other advice to give is to just redo you nand dump and hope everything fixes itself.

Edit: You are using official Wiimotes, right? Or are you using third party ones?

portugeek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay.. I'll try that.

And I'm not sure if that info about the Wii not assigning a permanent order is entirely accurate. The other afternoon I had all Wiimotes turned off. I picked up a random one and turned on the Wii with it. When the controller locked in, it was synced as Player 4. No other Wiimotes were even turned on. (nothing was plugged into the GC ports either) I remember that it had originally been synced as player 4 when we had all previously played. It was easy to remember because each of my Wiimotes are a different color, and I remember who was using which. If they were all white I would've just labelled it as some random coincidence.

The reason I noticed the hand saying the number 4 was because in that instance I had the sensor bar unplugged and forgot. When I tried to move the Wiimote nothing happened. I thought it was some weird glitch until I noticed the unplugged sensor bar. After that, it started working, but only as player 4. I had to resync it using the red buttons to get the Wii to recognize it as player 1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: