Hardware Wii Remote Input Lag/Connection Problem

Tyzoe98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I turned on my wii this morning and I immediately noticed that something was wrong. The wii remote didn't connect the first time I pressed A when turning on the system. After another A press, the remote connected. The screen still said press A to continue. I pressed A again. After a few seconds the wii responded and brought me to the wii menu.

The wii remote seemed to be fine for about 10 seconds then suddenly the on screen cursor started lagging behind or would sometimes disappear completely. Pressing buttons often would not respond or have input lag. I have no idea what is causing this.

Failed Attempts to solve the problem:
  • Adjusting Wii sensor bar position and sensitivity
  • Closing curtains to avoid stray sun rays from interfering with sensor bar
  • Turning off nearby bluetooth devices
  • Using/Not Using Wii Motion Plus
  • Using A different Wii Remote
  • Using A fresh set of batteries
  • Resyncing the Wii Remote
  • Unplugging the sensor bar, waiting a few minutes, then plugging it back in
  • Unplugging the Wii, waiting a few minutes, then plugging it back in
If anyone has had this problem and/or knows the solution, please respond

Note: I've looked this up before and people are saying that using an HDTV with Composite Cables will fix any lag but, I don't see how using different cables will help the Wii Remote respond. Besides the HDTV I have now I've used with the Wii before and had NO LAG. I don't know why it's lagging/not responding now.

Other Notes:

• I know that candles can also interfere with the sensor bar but I have no candles lit.
  • The wii remotes were working perfectly fine yesterday

• Above is a video of me recording the lag on the wii from my phone. The footage is cut only once after the FIRST time I select Lucas. The second time Lucas is deselected I did not press anything

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's possible that there's a good amount of 2.4 GHz interference in your area. I had an issue a while back where my Wii U Pro Controller had the same sort of lag problem (pressing a button didn't do anything for a second or two). It turns out that this was happening at the same time I was rsync'ing a lot of data on a 2.4 GHz 802.11g network.

If you're using a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network, you might want to try changing the channel number. (use 1, 6, 11 - if you're using one of these, try a different one)

gratefulWiiDude2020

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
ok 4 years later, and GerbilSoft you just saved me a whole load of pain!

The interference is absolutely coming from the 2.4 GhZ WiFi, in particular as i was streaming using my old laptop with the Wii sensor right in between the router and the laptop!

I spent ages following all the usual guidance about calibrating and resync'ing, Thank you so much for having that extra insight which Nintendo dont have on their website!

Last edited by gratefulWiiDude2020,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water