Hacking Wii opening tools reviews

testicule

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
There are a few different WII opening tools around. What I would like to know is which one you got and how well it has performed when you used it. I have heard a few different reports than some tools would'nt work for some screws.

I'm currently waiting for this tools: http://www.modchip.it/shop/EN/WII_OPENING_TOOL.asp I'll post a mini review here when I got it.

Please, post pictures of your tools and mini reviews.

Thanks

kai445

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought one of those Zoozen Access Pro kits (it hasnt arrived yet), does anyone else have one, and if so what do you think of it?

RobertsD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just used a very small flathead screwdiver. I just applied a little bit of pressure, and I had no problem getting any of the them out.

Takrin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i bought one of these off ebay awhile back for my DS Lite and works great for Wii also it never strips the screw unless if i put too less of a force. also its solid, it wont bend like some other drivers i hear doing.

info:
PX Peng Fa
301 Y0x3.0X60
Hong Kong

DSC01130.jpg

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I got the wrong Torx set from Lowes (smallest is not nearly small enough to open my DS, so I assume it won't work on the Wii, but I'm keeping it because the other screwdrivers are really good quality and could come in handy. Anyway, the ebay seller mentioned here had free shipping with buy it now, and that basically comes to the Torx set from Lowes, and since I will have no other use for the Torx #4 bit, I just bought one from him.

I'm trusting you guys on the quality of that driver. It's cheaper than any of the mod stores too.

zosh

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Papua New Guinea
it works but u gotta press down relatively hard so you don't strip the screws.
http://www.consoleplus.co.uk/product_info....for-gbagbaspwii
I can confirm that. It works fine as long as a certain amount of pressure is applied.

Incidentally, the philips screws gave me more of a headache. I thought I had small ones ready but I ended up having to buy an even smaller one especially for the screws that hold down the gamecube panel.

I have to open the Wii at least a second time (to put the modchip into the case, I mounted it externally for the time being). I will certainly replace the triwing screws with philips screws. Which shouldn't be that hard to do as, if I remember correctly, there is only one size of triwing screws used.

zew66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I purchased a #4 torx screwdriver from Lowes and it works perfectly!

How hard do you need to press to keep it from slipping? Is this a better option than a cheaply made (eBay) Tri-Wing?

Not hard at all, just a little downward pressure. Here is a link from the store.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=prod...0272&lpage=none

When putting the case back together, stop twisting when the screws give pressure or they will strip.

If I have to open the case again, I would replace the tri-wings with phillips head screws.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: