GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the time has finally come for my family and I to enjoy the Wii that's been sitting in our closest for the last few months. We were gonna wait `til Christmas, but since we were unable to attend our family's big gathering, my wife & I decided to break the system out early as a console-ation (
tongue.gif
) for the kids.

Anyway, I was up late last night setting the system up, which was fairly painless, aside from unwrapping all that crap they pack everything in. When it came time to turn the system on and set up the menu options, the remote itself felt a bit different than I had anticipated. When waving it around, it felt like there was a weight inside the remote that shifted when you moved the remote, as if to simulate a tactile interactivity with the screen. Is that normal?
unsure.gif

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, the time has finally come for my family and I to enjoy the Wii that's been sitting in our closest for the last few months. We were gonna wait `til Christmas, but since we were unable to attend our family's big gathering, my wife & I decided to break the system out early as a console-ation (
tongue.gif
) for the kids.

Anyway, I was up late last night setting the system up, which was fairly painless, aside from unwrapping all that crap they pack everything in. When it came time to turn the system on and set up the menu options, the remote itself felt a bit different than I had anticipated. When waving it around, it felt like there was a weight inside the remote that shifted when you moved the remote, as if to simulate a tactile interactivity with the screen. Is that normal?Â
unsure.gif

Hmmm, there's nothing moving in my remote. It just rumbles when you go over the channels. Anyway if it isn't broke don't fix it.
wink.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm, there's nothing moving in my remote. It just rumbles when you go over the channels. Anyway if it isn't broke don't fix it.
wink.gif

biggrin.gif

Well, I guess it's the rumble you're referring to. Nothing's actually moving inside the remote, but when I move over a command prompt / channel, the remote becomes almost heavier. Not sure I'd consider it a rumble, but the weight of the remote feels like it shifts somewhat. Weird feeling.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, that's definitely the rumble feature. If you don't like it, you can turn it off by pressing the Home button and then select the remote settings

andreq

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
maybe.......just maybe..

the wiimote is broken... and the rumble motor (when rotating) fly inside the case and make the weight shift...

pimpyT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just opened mine yesterday and was surprised to find that the wiimote came not only with the new strap, but also in the clear silicone glove. The cord for the sensor bar also appeared to be much longer thatn I had expected - well over 12 feet long - that normal? When popping in Wii Sports in, a warning message came up reminding me to keep the silicone glove on the wiimote.

Other than the silicone glove, I didn't feel anything different about the wiimote. No moving parts. My friend must have had rumble off, but I like that tactile feel of it on the menu system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse