Hacking Wii - Monster Hunter Tri - Working Guide!

Spiralmask

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Balder said:
Posted this in another "MH3 freezes" thread. Wont hurt to be posted here too?
wink.gif

Got MH3 to work with a softmodded 4.2E, 249rev19, Hermes v.4 223 [38+37] in CFG Usb Loader v57 with game settings: Block IOS Reload and using 223 to load. Had black screen freezes with all other settings I tried before the above.
you sir are my HERO. im literally cry with joy right now.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lone-Wolf said:
[*]Make Sure your Wii is Softmodded.
[*]Download "cIOSX rev19 by waninkoko" ------------------> Link: cIOSX rev19 by waninkoko
[*]Copy the "cIOSXrev19-Installer" folder to the "Apps" folder on your SD Card
[*]Make sure you have a Wi-Fi Connection AND DISCONNECT ANY GAMECUBE CONTROLLERS OR MEMORY CARDS! Then Open HBC and Launch "cIOSX Rev19..."
[*]Choose "249" as the IOS

I have a question... It asks me to select which IOS to use to install it -- and it comes up with IOS36 as the default -- is this OK? Can I use IOS36 to install it?

I have no clue about this --

Thanks!

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Schizoanalysis said:
Lone-Wolf said:
[*]Make Sure your Wii is Softmodded.
[*]Download "cIOSX rev19 by waninkoko" ------------------> Link: cIOSX rev19 by waninkoko
[*]Copy the "cIOSXrev19-Installer" folder to the "Apps" folder on your SD Card
[*]Make sure you have a Wi-Fi Connection AND DISCONNECT ANY GAMECUBE CONTROLLERS OR MEMORY CARDS! Then Open HBC and Launch "cIOSX Rev19..."
[*]Choose "249" as the IOS

I have a question... It asks me to select which IOS to use to install it -- and it comes up with IOS36 as the default -- is this OK? Can I use IOS36 to install it?

Nevermind. I used the default, and it works perfectly.

Thanks!

benno300

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I did everything that was written here and it just don't wont want to work,I get the screen with the wiimote fastening and than it syas checcking syatem memory and then....Black!
Plz help

Firemansam123

Trophies
XP
Country
I used the instructions on my back up which is on a DVD+R and now through NEOGAMMA v9 its now working fine nof reeze or annoying buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
nayps3.gif

brandon2141

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Make Sure your Wii is Softmodded.[*]Download "cIOSX rev19 by waninkoko" ------------------> Link: cIOSX rev19 by waninkoko[*]Copy the "cIOSXrev19-Installer" folder to the "Apps" folder on your SD Card[*]Make sure you have a Wi-Fi Connection AND DISCONNECT ANY GAMECUBE CONTROLLERS OR MEMORY CARDS! Then Open HBC and Launch "cIOSX Rev19..."[*]Choose "249" as the IOS[*]When asked for the "Base IOS" choose "IOS 37-v3869.wad"[*]Select "Network Install"[*]Download "Neogamma R9" ------------------> Link: NeoGamma R9[*]Launch "Monster Hunter Tri"[*]ENJOY!Note: Offline steps: Download IOS37-64-v3869.wad using NUS Downloader and place it in the SD card root. Then choose "Wad Install" instead of "Network Install

i did this on 248 as ios,then used usb loader gx and set the loader itself to 248 and worked.Had to switch to SD cuz it wasnt saving config on usb. Pretty agravating

Last edited by brandon2141,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A 6-year necro for old info?

MH3 works fine using current cIOS with any current loader. The servers, however, are offline and cannot be emulated so it's now a single player game only.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm