Hopefully to those who have this rare chip, it'll be fixed for you guys soon
smile.gif

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait.. does this mean that... Maxconsoles allegedly "superior" chip which is "upgradeable" is having the same problem as the Wiinja?
rofl2.gif

Take that!
(someone put the phoenix wright words please
biggrin.gif
)

noddan

Trophies
XP
Country
You could detect the wiinja by the fact that the drive has gone into debug mode etc etc, and games could always load a first stage piece of code and force reauth of the disc before going any further which I doubt the wiinja will be able to overcome.

The GC was a bit long in the tooth for nintendo to consider the cost of redesign/retooling to prevent modding when the first chip came out but it's about now nintendo should be shipping the first bug fixed hardware, maybe with a modded drive.

*Waits for all the people that don't know what an opcode, register blah blah is to pull random reasons why nintendo can't fix the exploits in their own console out of their arse*

Could you explain this a bit more in detail? I'd buy a wiinja (or one of the other ones..) directly if it weren't for the fact that we don't know if N can render it useless with a simple FW-upgrade. I was under the impression that the chips replace the byte(s) that says "burned media" with the byte(s) that mean "genuine media" thus not breaking the signature. This would be hard to catch. It appears as if I have misunderstood or oversimplified something, could you shed some light on this? I would sure appreciate it.

butaro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I got my replacement Wii last Friday because my first one from launch day had the chicken pox (dots on display).
Just opened her up and she does NOT have the dodgy chip. Mines a GC2-DMS!

So I guess if you have a new Wii it is still able to have the compatible chips in it.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i see people buying the chip that works with the modchips, and them desoldering the chip that causes incompatibility and resoldering the controller chip that all the modchips were designed for. "It's just a bit more soldering, is all"

Nintendo sees and feels the pain of pirates. Nintendo then laughs at the pain and pirates. And in one swift move Nintendo becomes a bit more like Chuck Norris.

Dam, i should be quoted on that.
happy.gif

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.