Hacking Wii Mod

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
QUOTE said:
Well first, it's "wiimod.txt" now. And second yes it has to be at sd:/wad/wiimod.txt. Creating and configuring the config file within the program would be difficult. Most of the input is simple but some is more complex like the SMB settings for instance. Making a way to set those easy, is well not easy. Although this really shouldn't be much of a problem as you aren't meant to be switching those settings each time you run the program. It's more likely you will figure out what you want the settings to be and not touch it for a long time. And the default settings should be pretty good for most people running in AHBPROT mode.

In fact, I didn't try to use this function (SMB Share) in Wiimod until today when someone asked me if
Wiimod can install a wad from PC directly.

Sometimes I use GUI Wad Manager to install a WAD from PC directly. I have no idea why there is no
problem for me to use GUI wad manager's SMB function to connect my PC (windows xp) and Wii .But
I can't have Wiimod's SMB Share work. I always got the error "Connecting smb ..../Failed".

I am pretty there is no connection problem between my PC and Wii because I can use GUI wad manager
to install any wad from my PC's shared folder.

Not sure if someone had this kind of problem,too ? (although it's not a big deal)

jskyboo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
airline38 said:
In fact, I didn't try to use this function (SMB Share) in Wiimod until today when someone asked me if
Wiimod can install a wad from PC directly.

Sometimes I use GUI Wad Manager to install a WAD from PC directly. I have no idea why there is no
problem for me to use GUI wad manager's SMB function to connect my PC (windows xp) and Wii .But
I can't have Wiimod's SMB Share work. I always got the error "Connecting smb ..../Failed".

I am pretty there is no connection problem between my PC and Wii because I can use GUI wad manager
to install any wad from my PC's shared folder.

Not sure if someone had this kind of problem,too ? (although it's not a big deal)What version of windows are running? I can't really test smb shares as I can't seem to get my shares working with any of the homebrew right now.

Bloodlust said:
The forwarder only launches the app from a SD? (As stated in page 1)

Can it launch from USB?Yes it can.

diogovk said:
Did you ever resolve your problem with Donkey Kong?
I gave up. I'll be playing it in english. There isn't much text, so no problem.
Yeah language in that game is only a minor detail. *shake wiimote* translates easily without words.

jskyboo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
airline38 said:
@jskyboo, I use Windows XP SP3
Can I see your wiimod.txt file? As I dont have a windows machine that seems to work with smb with any of the homebrew right now I can't really test this feature. If however you or someone else were willing to help test I might be able to learn enough to get it working again.

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Here is my wiimod.txt content.

-----------------------------------------
SMB_USER=administrator
SMB_PWD=
SMB_SHARE=Wii
SMB_IP=192.168.3.101

I have no problem to test this for you. (whatever you want me to test)

jskyboo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
airline38 said:
Here is my wiimod.txt content.

SMB_USER=administrator
SMB_PWD=
SMB_SHARE=Wii
SMB_IP=192.168.3.101

I have no problem to test this for you. (whatever you want me to test)
Well first I highly recommend you create a new user as you shouldn't use your admin account. Next try adding a password to the account, I never tested if the smb shares worked with anonymous passwords. I'll try to write some smb debug and test code this weekend.

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
@jskyboo,actually I don't use "administrator" and I do set up a password.
(it's not convenient to show my real username/password here).

As I said earlier, I used the same configuration (same username/password/shared folder/IP)
on GUI WAD Manager and there is no problem to use SMB function.

If you have any test program ,you can PM me a message personally.

jskyboo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of the features I have been wanting integrated better was extracting wads so I looked into bluedump and added that to the IOS menu. But after doing that it seemed only natural to add it for all titles, and then after that allow deleting of all titles and so now there is Any Title Manager added to the Advanced menu. Wads are dumped to sd:/wad/wiimod/ and the title database it looks for is sd:/database.txt and is the same as the one used by AnyTitle Deleter MOD. Also I've put in a workaround for the AHBPROT no net bug. And SMB is fixed, thanks to airline38 for helping test. Many other fixes and added a warning if you try to delete the IOS used by the Homebrew Channel. Here is Wii Mod v2.0

Download:http://www.mediafire.com/?575h3m51g6mxfvm

Thanks again to the creators of AnyTitle Deleter and its mods tona, Red Squirrel, MrClick and bushing, Nicksasa for Bluedump and airline38 for helping test SMB support

Changelog since 1.8 :
Code:
Added Front light feedback to IOS install and check IOSs, makes for easier update all IOSs
Fixed bugs with install cios menu
Added IOS extractor
Made a temp fix for AHBPROT no network bug.
Cleaned up code in main menu
Added Any Title Manager( Extractor/Deleter ) -- Doesn't work in AHBPROT
Fixed error in IOS manager with displaying version sometimes
Added more IOS details to IOS Manager
Moved main menu options around
Fixed bug in IOS installer new revision selector
Fixed bug with changing revision number sometimes
Added a warning if you try to delete the IOS used by HBC
Fixed SMB Shares

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
@jskyboo, I found the AHBPROT mode will be off (become "0") automatically after
I use "Check IOS" function. Is it a normal status ? Suppose if I don't reload a new IOS,
the AHBPROT mode should be still active. Did I miss anything ?

How can I enable the AHBPROT mode again if I don't want to restart the program ?
Is it possible ?

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
@jskyboo your program seems very interesting, I am definitely going to try it. I have one question for v2.0: What is the workaround for AHBPROT and does it work when launched from HBC without wifi?

Thank you for your work.

jskyboo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
airline38 said:
@jskyboo, I found the AHBPROT mode will be off (become "0") automatically after
I use "Check IOS" function. Is it a normal status ? Suppose if I don't reload a new IOS,
the AHBPROT mode should be still active. Did I miss anything ?

How can I enable the AHBPROT mode again if I don't want to restart the program ?
Is it possible ?Yes that is how it is expected to work. AHBPROT mode only exists if it is launched with IOS 58 and AHBPROT is already setup, as soon as you reload ANY IOS you lose it and can't get it back. Some speculate that there is a way to re-enable it, maybe Team Twiizers knows, but as far as I know there isn't currently a way.

QUOTE(petspeed @ Feb 7 2011, 02:08 PM) @jskyboo your program seems very interesting, I am definitely going to try it. I have one question for v2.0: What is the workaround for AHBPROT and does it work when launched from HBC without wifi?

Thank you for your work.
The workaround is very simple, at program launch it checks if you are currently in AHBPROT mode, if not continue as usual, but if you are in AHBPROT mode then test the network connection, if that passes then continue as usual but if it fails then prompt the user to reload to another IOS, it doesn't matter which you choose you can even choose IOS 58. After the reload the program continues as usual. It is a very simple workaround and it will have to be taken out once the bug is truly fixed. I don't actually know much about the cause, some have said it is from a bug in libogc that has been fixed but HBC hasn't been compiled with the fixed library so it has the bug in anything it launches. I don't know but til its fixed there is this workaround.

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
@jskyboo, found a small bug :

If I use "wad manager" to finish installing or uninstalling a wad from a different
folder (other than sd:\wad) and go back to
Main Menu then I select "wad manager" again , I will see this screen below:

wiimod20.gif

The same situation (same bug screen) is if I use "wad manager" to go into
some (not all ) sd:\apps\ folders (EX:sd:\apps\any title lister\) and do nothing
(just browse) then go back to Main Menu and select "wad manager" again ,
I will see the same screen above.

jskyboo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@airline38 Hmm I'll look into it and fix it in the next release. Do you have a password set or was that part of the bug as well? I may just rip out that password feature. On an unrelated note how did you get such a good screenshot?

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
jskyboo said:
@airline38 Hmm I'll look into it and fix it in the next release. Do you have a password set or was that part of the bug as well? I may just rip out that password feature. On an unrelated note how did you get such a good screenshot?

No,I didn't set up any password so I have no idea where are these words from ?

BTW, I have few suggestions:

1. I found the "database.txt" (for Any Title Manager) must be put under SD:\ ,otherwise it can't be found.
This is not user-friendly . Is it possible to put under SD:\apps\wiimod (same folder as boot.dol) ?
That should be easier /friendly for users.

2. Similar to the above. The "wiimod.txt" (use for SMB share) can be also put under SD:\apps\wiimod ?
(same reason)

PS. I use a small "USB device" called "EASYCAP" (around USD$10) to connect my Wii to PC.
So I can easily capture any screenshot from my PC.

jskyboo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
airline38 said:
No,I didn't set up any password so I have no idea where are these words from ?

BTW, I have few suggestions:

1. I found the "database.txt" (for Any Title Manager) must be put under SD:\ ,otherwise it can't be found.
This is not user-friendly . Is it possible to put under SD:\apps\wiimod (same folder as boot.dol) ?
That should be easier /friendly for users.

2. Similar to the above. The "wiimod.txt" (use for SMB share) can be also put under SD:\apps\wiimod ?
(same reason)

PS. I use a small "USB device" called "EASYCAP" (around USD$10) to connect my Wii to PC.
So I can easily capture any screenshot from my PC.
Yes the database.txt does have to be at sd:\database.txt that is why in the release it is in the base folder card. I do plan to make it configurable and check more than one default location. Yes I will likely move wiimod.txt.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
jskyboo said:
petspeed said:
@jskyboo your program seems very interesting, I am definitely going to try it. I have one question for v2.0: What is the workaround for AHBPROT and does it work when launched from HBC without wifi?

Thank you for your work.
The workaround is very simple, at program launch it checks if you are currently in AHBPROT mode, if not continue as usual, but if you are in AHBPROT mode then test the network connection, if that passes then continue as usual but if it fails then prompt the user to reload to another IOS, it doesn't matter which you choose you can even choose IOS 58. After the reload the program continues as usual. It is a very simple workaround and it will have to be taken out once the bug is truly fixed. I don't actually know much about the cause, some have said it is from a bug in libogc that has been fixed but HBC hasn't been compiled with the fixed library so it has the bug in anything it launches. I don't know but til its fixed there is this workaround.

Thank you for explaining. So the workaround if no network connection exist is actually to force the user to exit AHBPROT mode?

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
@jskyboo , there are couple questions regarding no network connection and no cIOS available.

1. If I select "wad manager" , I see "Fake Sign Patch required .........
But I suppose I should be still able to install any official IOS by using
wad manager or I should see something like error -2011 if I try to install any
cIOS. Isn't it ?

2. If I select "other menu" -> Install & Patch IOS36 -> Install IOS36 (r3608)/w/Fakesign
old 1 Click Way (suppose this is similar to TBR) , I see "IOS15:Using 523 to downgrade
to 257". This won't work under FW 4.3 because IOS15 is v1032 instead.

Is it possible to add "cBoot2" module to replace this function ? cause cBoot2 can be used
to install (by wad manager) cIOS under any FW.

3. If I select "other menu" -> Install & Patch IOS36 -> Install IOS36 (r3608) /w/Fakesign,
I see the message "IOS36 already has FakeSign applied" even I am 100% sure my IOS36
is NOT FakeSign (it's official v3608). Also the screen will be stuck at this moment.
I tried several times and the result is the same.
It should be something wrong.

jskyboo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
airline38 said:
@jskyboo , there are couple questions regarding no network connection and no cIOS available.

1. If I select "wad manager" , I see "Fake Sign Patch required .........
But I suppose I should be still able to install any official IOS by using
wad manager or I should see something like error -2011 if I try to install any
cIOS. Isn't it ?If you want to install an official IOS without AHBPROT or an IOS with fakesign you can use the IOS Manager, but to use Wad Manager yes you need fakesign. Im pretty sure I can't do anything about Wad Managers reliance on fakesign but I could look into it.

airline38 said:
2. If I select "other menu" -> Install & Patch IOS36 -> Install IOS36 (r3608)/w/Fakesign
old 1 Click Way (suppose this is similar to TBR) , I see "IOS15:Using 523 to downgrade
to 257". This won't work under FW 4.3 because IOS15 is v1032 instead.

Is it possible to add "cBoot2" module to replace this function ? cause cBoot2 can be used
to install (by wad manager) cIOS under any FW.This may be true I don't really know I would have to test it, but TBR is more of left in now for legacy. It isn't needed by most people but if the situation exists where someones wii is messed up and it needs it I would rather the program have it and not need it than not have it. Im not sure what you mean about use cBoot2 im not familiar with that approach but I could look into what it could be used for.

QUOTE(airline38 @ Feb 8 2011, 08:58 AM)
3. If I select "other menu" -> Install & Patch IOS36 -> Install IOS36 (r3608) /w/Fakesign,
I see the message "IOS36 already has FakeSign applied" even I am 100% sure my IOS36
is NOT FakeSign (it's official v3608). Also the screen will be stuck at this moment.
I tried several times and the result is the same.
It should be something wrong.
Yeah that's a bug, I'll fix it in the next release(not really pressing as most shouldn't even need TBR). I haven't tested it yet only looked at the code real fast but what do you mean by stuck? dsi error? freeze? Is the wiimote still connected?

Thank you for testing so thoroughly I really appreciate someone actually trying out all it can do. Let me know anything else you find.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol