Hardware Wii Menu on Gamepad With Quick Launch?

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure a lot of you have the 5.0.0 update now that added the quick launch feature.

I really like this for my Wii U games, but I noticed that the trick of holding down B on the Gamepad while turning it on no longer boots me to the Wii menu, the Quick Launch still comes up. Additionally, it wants me to point my Wii remote at the TV in order to access Wii mode if I start it normally, which I cannot do since I don't have a sensor bar at the moment. I only ever use the gamepad as my sensor bar, I've been loving that since 4.0.

What I did for now was temporarily disable quick launch just so I could reboot the console in Wii mode, then re-enable it.

But is there an easier way? I'd love to know if there is.

--Edit--

I tried selecting Wii Menu from the quick launch, it still wants me to point my Wii remote at the TV. If I press B it does a long boot back to the main menu. How lame.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure a lot of you have the 5.0.0 update now that added the quick launch feature.

I really like this for my Wii U games, but I noticed that the trick of holding down B on the Gamepad while turning it on no longer boots me to the Wii menu, the Quick Launch still comes up. Additionally, it wants me to point my Wii remote at the TV in order to access Wii mode if I start it normally, which I cannot do since I don't have a sensor bar at the moment. I only ever use the gamepad as my sensor bar, I've been loving that since 4.0.

What I did for now was temporarily disable quick launch just so I could reboot the console in Wii mode, then re-enable it.

But is there an easier way? I'd love to know if there is.

--Edit--

I tried selecting Wii Menu from the quick launch, it still wants me to point my Wii remote at the TV. If I press B it does a long boot back to the main menu. How lame.

just turn off quick launch. it's cool and all but it is not worth at as the Wii U can update the "firmware" automatically with this on, besides needing a Wii Remote to launch vWii.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
From my testing, the Quick Launch menu only ever comes up if you press the power button on the GamePad. Try pressing the power button on the console itself, then hold down B on the GamePad. Worked for me and it takes me to Wii Menu without needing to point a Wiimote at the TV.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just turn off quick launch. it's cool and all but it is not worth at as the Wii U can update the "firmware" automatically with this on, besides needing a Wii Remote to launch vWii.

I've got no issues with that. Until there are actual Wii U mode hacks, why does it matter if it updates the firmware?

Good point about pressing power on the console itself.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I think there's one more way, discovered this by accident. With Quick Menu enabled, press and hold the power button on the GamePad. It will initiate the full boot sequence, allowing you to then press B for the Wii Menu. A simple tap on the power button would bring the Quick Menu. Looks like there's enough options for everyone :)

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got no issues with that. Until there are actual Wii U mode hacks, why does it matter if it updates the firmware?

since the browser exploit was leaked for 4.1, Nintendo can patch the exploit in webkit for 5.2, 6.0, or whatever the next firmware update is. with quick launch, the firmware would automatically be updated causing the exploit to be useless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: test what?